27,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:23 pm
Spoilt_lil_missy
Noctis_Crucis
my thoughts are: too cliche.

I think JK Rowling should've kept out that pair. It was too predictable and too...not harry potter. It's the type of couple where its fine to fantasize about in fanworld, but when it comes to the world of the actual story it becomes corny and cliche.

whatever. my opinion.

Nah, see I think the Harry and Hermione thing is too cliched...hero and sidekick get together? Because she is a sidekick...but the two sidekicks...that's interesting.

Not really. What would be interesting if they were all interested in each other in *that* way. Yeah, I'm saying Threesome here.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:50 am
Well i dont really like the Ron/Hermione pairing.. I think that it is also too cliche. Thats just my opinion though.

I personally like H/Hr better, but more power to you R/Hr shippers  

lnkmstr10

Extraordinary Verdigris

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:56 pm
RupertsRoses1
Lady Adelaide
yeah, they are... i mean, who else would hermione be paired up with? harry? um, ew... and draco... well, you know... they hate each other...

so she looks better with krum
and plus
ron is mine
and u suk!!
lol
jk i dont think u even know me my name is rose
Rose anne buevarde
like my name?
lol
its R.A.B. i ROCK
WELL i wouldnt even know about hp if my freind hadnt told me the book had my anitials
but anyways hermione looks better with krum thats it
do u think ickle-ronikins looks good with a toad?
well thats what ur coupling him with meany!!
and r u a pure blood? or mud or just a wannabe HALF BLOOD?
IM pure blood
lol
took the test in the hp site

Do you even read the books? Because, if you did, you would know that "mudblood" is a really offensive term for muggle-born. And only jerks like Malfoy use it. (No offense to Malfoy fans, but he is kind of a jerk.) And Hermione isn't a toad!!! And don't just come in here and bash me and my opinions, okay? And try and be literate...

p.s. Half-bloods are NOT wannabes.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:27 am
Spoilt_lil_missy
Noctis_Crucis
my thoughts are: too cliche.

I think JK Rowling should've kept out that pair. It was too predictable and too...not harry potter. It's the type of couple where its fine to fantasize about in fanworld, but when it comes to the world of the actual story it becomes corny and cliche.

whatever. my opinion.

Nah, see I think the Harry and Hermione thing is too cliched...hero and sidekick get together? Because she is a sidekick...but the two sidekicks...that's interesting.

well how is the "hero side-kick" cliched, but not "you pick on the one you like"?  

lnkmstr10

Freddyphone

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:16 am
I'm not a fan of this pairing. They seem to different to me. If they do end up getting together in the book, I don't think it'll last very long.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:01 pm
Freddyphone
I'm not a fan of this pairing. They seem to different to me. If they do end up getting together in the book, I don't think it'll last very long.

3nodding my thoughts exactly xd  

lnkmstr10

Extraordinary Verdigris

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:15 pm
J.K Rowling actually went out and said that Ron and Hermione would be together in the last book. I don't have the quotation now, but I'll try and post it.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:23 pm
Lady Adelaide
J.K Rowling actually went out and said that Ron and Hermione would be together in the last book. I don't have the quotation now, but I'll try and post it.

but why would she come out and say it? And she says she subtley hinted at it, but then why was everyone saying it was so obvious?? I mean when I think of subtle, i think of little hints. Somehow hermione attacking ron with birds doesn't seem subtle. To me, subtle would be like having Harry and Hermione ride a hippogriff (a symbol of love) and having pig fly around their heads in a circle when they hug (hermione and harry will get together when pigs fly...well technically Pig (the owl) just flew so i take that as a hint))

but yeah, i do know the interview you are talkign about it. I think you can go to mugglenet.com and click on Madame Puddifoot link and scroll to Harry and Hermione, and I think it gives the link to the interview  

lnkmstr10

Luamervara

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:26 am
Lady Adelaide

Actually, I've never known a -good- author to reveal such tidbits as that. I don't believe she actually -said- anything like that word for word, but the person whoever wrote it was biase in writing the article.

*There is biase in -all- written articles.*  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:35 pm
But there is a word for word quote- two, in fact. And I don't think you can alter quotes to suit your purpose. Here they are:

We thought it was clearer than ever that Harry and Ginny are an item and Ron and Hermione- though we think you made it painfully obvious in the first five books.

J.K.R.: So do I! [Mugglenet/TLC interview, 2005]

J.K.R.: I will say that yes, I personally feel - well it's going to be clear once people have read Book 6. I mean, that's it. It's done, isn't it? We know. Yes, we do now know that it's Ron and Hermione. [Mugglenet/TLC interview, 2005]  

Extraordinary Verdigris

Luamervara

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:16 pm
I'm still doubtful that she actually used it word for word. Why in the world would she let out a best kept secert like deathly hallows before it's out?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:47 am
Luamervara
I'm still doubtful that she actually used it word for word. Why in the world would she let out a best kept secert like deathly hallows before it's out?

that's my question too. I mean she knows that a majority of her readers ship R/Hr or H/Hr, in fact, it's the biggest debate among the books, so why would she suddenly reveal it? She said she's made it obvious, but she knows that she's hinted at both ships, if not, then where would H/Hr shippers get their evidence from??? Personally I think that it could be a red herring, but if I'm wrong, then i'll open mouth and insert foot, but until then, I support H/Hr!  

lnkmstr10

Extraordinary Verdigris

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:37 pm
Well, I'm guessing she thought that she basically made it totally clear in the books, and she was just clarifying. Also, in 1999, she said Harry and Hermione were purely platonic friends, but she wouldn't answer fo anyone else.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:05 am
I don't think that there are any hints in the books that Harry and Hermione could be a couple; I actually think that in book 4, all that time that Harry spent saying "Me and Hermione are just friends" was a way for JK Rowling to say "they're just friends".

But hey, read it how you want...but on the evidence I've seen (even without her confirmation) it's Ron and Hermione all the way...  

Spoilt_lil_missy

lnkmstr10

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:44 am
Spoilt_lil_missy
I don't think that there are any hints in the books that Harry and Hermione could be a couple; I actually think that in book 4, all that time that Harry spent saying "Me and Hermione are just friends" was a way for JK Rowling to say "they're just friends".

But hey, read it how you want...but on the evidence I've seen (even without her confirmation) it's Ron and Hermione all the way...

he's 14. It took him 4 years to realize that Hermione was a girl. ANd he's too blinded by his crush on cho to think about anyone else. Plus, most best friends are under the impression that you can't date each other. Show me a 14 year old that's ready for a serious relationship. Harry and Ron are very shallow in this book. They both like girls based on beauty alone. The only thing Harry knows about Cho is that she's pretty and plays quidditch. The only thing Ron knows about Fleur is that she is pretty.  
Coupling

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff