Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Home made leg wax! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:03 am
I be me
How on earth did this turn into a toilet conversation??!?

oh yea... I started it.

and yea, I have been to the mens bathroom, its smelly and icky but thats ok because you can wizz standing

but then there are they guy's that think they are to good to aim. xp  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:13 am
I was about to retaliate with an even ickier public toilet story but that this conversation is getting a fair bit ickey.  

I be me
Vice Captain

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:34 am
bla bal bla bal bla bal bla bal bla bal- and that is how being a man and crafts go together....see. wink  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:45 am

I figured I'd say that I tried it yesterday. >.>;

Mine didn't turn out quite right {{it was extra sticky*}} but it did pull some hairs.
Soo.. I think that if it's made right, it just might work.

*it stuck to my finger.. while really hot. ;o;

Maer^ier
Blech. It didn't work.

I'm freezing the extra and chopping it up into little peices to give to people.

Shh... It's not beauty product. It's candy!

Mine tasted like burnt marshmallows. emo

.Frivolous.Maverick.

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:16 am
I love how so manny of you are doing this. xd xd xd  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:59 am

xD

I've a guy that wants to try it too, if my next batch works.
I really hope it works now.. 'cause.. he'll be all smooth and cuddly. 4laugh

.Frivolous.Maverick.

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:02 pm
I'm not saying that I could not shave my legs... but wax hurts. gonk ...than again I do have a strong tolarance to pane........... crap now you have me thinking. gonk  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:42 pm
Eh... waxing really isn't that bad. When it comes to facial hair (I speak of eyebrows and upper lip) I would much rather wax than tweeze. It's more thorough and the pain is just once. And putting something on my upper lip that isn't made of nasty chemicals sounds pretty good. In fact this stuff sounds like it would taste pretty good if it dripped in my mouth xd  

Phishy

Dapper Genius

I be me
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:50 pm
the thing that annoys me the most about this wax is tring to keep it the right temperature while you are using it. I found that putting it is a sink full of really hot water helps. (if its too hot the wax won't pull away from your leg too cold and it won't spread on)
but it does an alright job.
(I also found it helps if you pull the strip off in an up your leg direction not an away from the leg direction, if that makes any sence)  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:07 am
~
This is probably something that would work great if you know what you're doing, or have someone who's done it successfully before help you out.
Keeping it the right temperature was really hard, like I be me said.
I ended up with a lot of little burn blisters (one whose cap was torn off by the wax) and a whole lot of dissatisfaction when it was cool enough to apply; it did pull some hairs but not very well.

~

Tes

I be me
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:02 am
ouch!
that sounds really bad.
I supose it helps that I have hair that waxes out really easially (according to the beauty students who used to wax me for free at college)

that sounds so creepy....  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:19 am
~
haha yeah and the funny part is, the places it blistered and pulled skin off the hair remained xd
I'm definately not giving up the razor just yet.

~

Tes

I be me
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:09 pm
I totally figgered out the secret to the sugar wax.
I wanted to see how soft I could get it without getting it to that sticks to your finger when you poke it state. I had to add a lot of water compared to the amount of water it says to add, but it is totally easier to use.
it only has to be warm to spread it, totally not hot.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:44 pm
Mrrr....now I wanna try this...I don't normally shave unless I know I'll be wearing capris or shorts...I just have to worry about the region below my knees...for some reason, the hair on my legs above the knee is not very visible unless you're like...an inch from my leg....wierd, ne?  

SaelensFrozenFlame

firrantello

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:07 pm
I be me
I totally figgered out the secret to the sugar wax.
I wanted to see how soft I could get it without getting it to that sticks to your finger when you poke it state. I had to add a lot of water compared to the amount of water it says to add, but it is totally easier to use.
it only has to be warm to spread it, totally not hot.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.How much more water are we talking, like 2 times more or 8 times more? Lol.  
Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff