Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply Thread Archive
GLITCH ON PETS Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Had a glitch yet?
nope, knock on wood!
25%
 25%  [ 13 ]
mm hmm...but sims will be sims...EA can only do so much!
41%
 41%  [ 21 ]
YES, TOO MANY! GET WITH THE PROGRAM EA!
9%
 9%  [ 5 ]
...yeah...so what do I do if I don't own pets...oh, choose this one? okay...
23%
 23%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 51

Pao Pao Tang

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:28 pm
Most likely your problems are because of conflicting mods 3nodding Believe me, I had the pets underground thing too.

o_o After I bought Pets my custom content went crazy. I was stupid and forgot to take off my Inteenimator mod, which was for OFB. I think thats what it was, anyway. I left custom content on, it worked fine the first run, then I played again, and my family's pets were underground (o_o) and any command I gave my Sims canceled itself out, and they were all standing there like morons.

So I deleted the Inteenimator, and started up again. This time with custom content off. I went into build mode and my custom content was there gonk So I shut down again. Then this time I notice I still had a pack from Inteenimator I forgot to delete. Deleted that. Then all my custom content was flashing blue gonk So I exited again.

Then I open it without custom content to see if that would work again and all my custom content objects were replaced with odd colored Maxis versions gonk So I had to buy all my custom content again. Thank god I didn't screw around with pets on my legacy family. That would not be good, considering almost all my stuffs is custom.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:23 am
[User Image]

you have to restart after you disable/enable content for it to disable/enable. :3
    and i think custom content stuff does flash blue if it's in a home & it's disabled.. dunno about the objects being replaced with maxis versions though

`R a i n b o w

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:01 pm
If custom objects get replaced by MAXIS/EA objects it's usually because the item that was there has been removed from the downloads folder. I did that with a round flowerbed I had downloaded but no longer wanted so now every lot that had it on has now got a female bust statue in their place instead.

As for glitches in Pets, well; I had a sim go to work and I got the negative result of the chance cards so he got fired. The only thing was when he came home the pop up message said that he had been demoted to the job level he already had, not fired! He had the "fired from job" memory icon over his head but in his memory panel it said "got demoted" so apparently he still has his job. xp  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:18 pm
athena08905
crying crying crying crying why did I already FIND ONE!?!?!?! so...my pets are IN THE GROUND...like, they are half way on the surface of the floor and half way underneath...none of them can move except my little puppy, she just gets in and out of the dog bed...and also...my guy can't move and my woman can only do certain things...Has ANYONE experienced this and/or know how to fix it??? Please tell me if you do cry

i had that i was like NOOOOO, i uninstalled the game and lost a few of my fav families... gonk this happened when i recently installed the game which wasnt so long ago  

` D ! N O S A U R

Its Binky!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:03 am
ibanez_chick_nz
i dont think its a glitch, it could just be my shitty computer, but the walls arent showing up properly...they're all red and flashy. it all gets a bit epileptic after a while. but i'll reinstall it and see if it works.
im quite ticked off coz i got it for my birthday and i cant play it coz of the stupid walls! its torture!!!
that happend to me as well, just uninstall it and reinstall it 3nodding

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:43 pm
TigerChild
i dont know if it's a glitch or not, but some of my dogs wont use the pet beds. they just fall asleep on the stupid ground. they wont even get on the sims beds! xp

Yeah, some of mine do that sometimes, but it's not a glitch. I'm pretty sure it's part of their personality.

And this is a little off topic, but I really wish they would sleep on the sim beds WITH the sims like I do with my cats and sometimes my dog. Not just on a double bed on seperate sides, I mean on a twin bed or on a double bed and both on the same side.  

Pinny Nickels

athena08905

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:47 pm
Penny Nickels
TigerChild
i dont know if it's a glitch or not, but some of my dogs wont use the pet beds. they just fall asleep on the stupid ground. they wont even get on the sims beds! xp

Yeah, some of mine do that sometimes, but it's not a glitch. I'm pretty sure it's part of their personality.

And this is a little off topic, but I really wish they would sleep on the sim beds WITH the sims like I do with my cats and sometimes my dog. Not just on a double bed on seperate sides, I mean on a twin bed or on a double bed and both on the same side.

I agreeee!!  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:52 pm
Stalker_Vamox
well if its not working then go back to were you got it....Make sure you have the reciept....and get another one. If it happens on that one then call the telephone # on the Manual thingy.
Most stores(i.e. BestBuy, Circuit City) won't refund software style products, they might exchange for another of the same product but have a strict no refund polocy. :/ Made me mad when a game wouldn't work on my comp. because the specs. weren't up to the standards the gae required.  

FullmetalBeast

FullmetalBeast

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:02 pm
Its Binky!
ibanez_chick_nz
i dont think its a glitch, it could just be my shitty computer, but the walls arent showing up properly...they're all red and flashy. it all gets a bit epileptic after a while. but i'll reinstall it and see if it works.
im quite ticked off coz i got it for my birthday and i cant play it coz of the stupid walls! its torture!!!
that happend to me as well, just uninstall it and reinstall it 3nodding
Well, it can be the video card.

I don't know if this was a glitch or just because I had the gate too close to the mailbox, but my dog wouldn't go in the gate. I even made my guy sim(the master) command him to come here, which was just on the other side of the gate. The dog still wouldn't go through, so I had to delete a section of wall and let him go through before rebuilding it. Then after he was in the yard he had to go to work, but again wouldn't go through the gate. By the time I realized he was still home, and was about to delete the wall again to let him through, he decides not to go to work but just watch the car. Well he missed work and got fired from the Pet Corps.. I even deleted the gate and got a new one, but he still wouldn't go through. I finally had to rebuild the whole wall going across the front of my yard just to accomodate the damn dog. Maybe he doesn't need to be outside of the yard though anyway. neutral idea  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:15 pm
You hadn't locked the gate so pets couldn't go through by mistake had you?  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

Briannabo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:00 pm
That's happend to me.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:14 am
Menaceman
You hadn't locked the gate so pets couldn't go through by mistake had you?

Thats probably it. I locked the doors once and this lady starved because I realized the doors were locked. But it was too late.
emo  

men getting pregnant

Thread Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas