Loves Kurenai... o/////o
  ......D'OH!
View Results

Pekora

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:52 am
Shikalee
Norua
Shikalee
To me... he's very real. That's the problem. It's a lot like Chobits. Chii wasn't real; she was a robot. But she lived in Hideki's heart. It was a happy ending... but was it really? Shikamaru definately will need something more than what he has. Maybe Naruto can help; he is so compassionate. If I was in that world... I would want to always be by his side. To him, I'd probably be a thorn in his side. gonk

Kishimoto seems to be avoiding relationships. I think it's a fantastic idea. First of all, my heart would be just broken if Kishimoto made a big scene of Shikamaru and Temari having at it. I know it's not real, but I would just crumble. The other thing is that Kishimoto probably wants to show that the ninja care far more about their job than relationships. To them, it's just a game. The real thing in life is their duty to Konoha...

*twitch* Y... yeah. I sometimes think if I keep idolizing him, everyone else will, and I'll get trapped in that small box all over again... He has fantastic skills of the mind, but he needs either more stamina or strength. I'm not sure if he is still as lazy as he was; ever since we first saw him he's been constantly on the move. But I'm sure his stats didn't go up much. He did some amazing things, though... my friends think he's my favorite because he's, "the best." Because he passed. That's not true... a lot of the genin (well, now Chuunin) could easily kill him. But he passed because he had the mindset to pass. The others still don't, on my opinion, but they must've grown some to pass.

Actually, I disagree completely. sweatdrop I understand this is a boys manga and all, but a little romance would be nice. Not a TON, nothing DRAMATIC, but still. Something. Its true that they're ninja and they have a job to do, but they're still human. And humans are meant to love people...i think. Well, some of us are anyway. I just think a little sprinkle of relationships would add a nice touch to an already great story. 3nodding

Even if Kishimoto did do some kind of romance scene, I doubt that he'd have Shikamaru and Temari going at it. So i wouldn't worry too much. ^_^;

I was really, *really* shocked when Shikamaru was the only one to become a chuunin. I stopped, stared, and said "WHAT?! O_O" at the top of my lungs. I'm not saying I thought he didn't deserve to be a chuunin or anything, because he did. I'm saying I expected a lot more people to pass than JUST shikamaru. Like...maybe Gaara or Neji. Neji put up one hell of a fight against Naruto, even though he lost.
Girls want the romance. I don't want to be getting turned on while I'm reading about Ninjas. There's hentai and shojo for that. There's even doujinshi. So the fangirls should just read all of that... There was little romance here and there. Asuma and Kurenai, Sakura and Sasuke, Ino and Sasuke, Hinata and Naruto, Naruto and Sakura... It's just not direct making out and s**t. The love is still there, so people should stop complaining because it's more than enough... I know if I was in that story I would be like Chouji on cake for Shikamaru. But... that doesn't make his job, yes, any less important to him than dating. Shikalee could kiss his feet, beg, even please him until he could hardly sit down (ahaha) but it would get her nowhere. In Japan, they aren't at that age yet. Yes, kids in America date at 12. But in Japan, there is more respect for "the coming of age." I hate to be a jerk, but I think asking Kishimoto to change an already complicated story into PLUS romance is a bit much. I lose track in the romance novels; add ninjas, deaths, rivalries, and missions and you've got Chronicle of a Death Foretold (one of the most confusing books I have laid eyes on). >_>

I think most likely it would be Naruto and Sakura; JUST liking eachother... no sex, no making out, maybe holding hands. It's not about the ROMANCE. In the Naruto community, sex practically is for just having kids. Because a pregnant ninja is a weak one. If sex was just ALLOWED all over the place, we'd see more babies and we'd have a lot of ninjas with time off. If the kids were allowed to have sex, they probably would be.

I think it was the right thing... though I also think it would have been best if no one passed... none of them were at the right mental maturity for suca job. Still a Chuunin, he takes on Akatsuki. That doesn't seem right for such a young kid. I know he's talented, but he's not... Strong enough. I think he is always on the edge of dying, but his "intelligence" makes the illution that he's completely okay, and that he knew that. It's not quite true. He was fighting Tayuya, his plan failed. Only reason he lived was because Temari came to his aid.

I tought almost everyone would pass the Chuunin exam, but apparently I missed the part when it said ''leader skills''.

Tsunade had no choice, he had to get every Jounin and Chuunin into the special squad.

For ''ninja love'' you have ''Himawari!'', which I think it's some sort of parody of Naruto since it's all about ninjas (ad some of them wear ninja headbands O_o)  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:36 pm
Welenkin
Shikalee
Girls want the romance. I don't want to be getting turned on while I'm reading about Ninjas. There's hentai and shojo for that. There's even doujinshi. So the fangirls should just read all of that... There was little romance here and there. Asuma and Kurenai, Sakura and Sasuke, Ino and Sasuke, Hinata and Naruto, Naruto and Sakura... It's just not direct making out and s**t. The love is still there, so people should stop complaining because it's more than enough... I know if I was in that story I would be like Chouji on cake for Shikamaru. But... that doesn't make his job, yes, any less important to him than dating. Shikalee could kiss his feet, beg, even please him until he could hardly sit down (ahaha) but it would get her nowhere. In Japan, they aren't at that age yet. Yes, kids in America date at 12. But in Japan, there is more respect for "the coming of age." I hate to be a jerk, but I think asking Kishimoto to change an already complicated story into PLUS romance is a bit much. I lose track in the romance novels; add ninjas, deaths, rivalries, and missions and you've got Chronicle of a Death Foretold (one of the most confusing books I have laid eyes on). >_>

I think most likely it would be Naruto and Sakura; JUST liking eachother... no sex, no making out, maybe holding hands. It's not about the ROMANCE. In the Naruto community, sex practically is for just having kids. Because a pregnant ninja is a weak one. If sex was just ALLOWED all over the place, we'd see more babies and we'd have a lot of ninjas with time off. If the kids were allowed to have sex, they probably would be.

I think it was the right thing... though I also think it would have been best if no one passed... none of them were at the right mental maturity for suca job. Still a Chuunin, he takes on Akatsuki. That doesn't seem right for such a young kid. I know he's talented, but he's not... Strong enough. I think he is always on the edge of dying, but his "intelligence" makes the illution that he's completely okay, and that he knew that. It's not quite true. He was fighting Tayuya, his plan failed. Only reason he lived was because Temari came to his aid.

I tought almost everyone would pass the Chuunin exam, but apparently I missed the part when it said ''leader skills''.

Tsunade had no choice, he had to get every Jounin and Chuunin into the special squad.

For ''ninja love'' you have ''Himawari!'', which I think it's some sort of parody of Naruto since it's all about ninjas (ad some of them wear ninja headbands O_o)
Never said that, but there is value in peer leadership. A great value. Chuunin function in squads with those outside of their team, so they must understand those skills.

That was NOT every chuunin and Jounin. It was FOUR guys, man. There's at least 30 Chuunin/Jounin. And not ALL of them are ill (like Kakashi was) or busy (like Kakashi is). She didn't make a WISE choice by sending a Jounin and 3 Chuunin. Especially not one of the youngest. It was STOOPID.

Yeah, there's also, "Ninja Nonsense" which is a ninja romance/shojo. It's rather frightening.  

Syndactyly

sk8intree

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:43 pm
if a jounin were to die... i wouldve picked him. all the others are cool.

oh... wait... ebisu should drop dead  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:45 pm
Shikalee
Welenkin
Shikalee

Never said that, but there is value in peer leadership. A great value. Chuunin function in squads with those outside of their team, so they must understand those skills.

That was NOT every chuunin and Jounin. It was FOUR guys, man. There's at least 30 Chuunin/Jounin. And not ALL of them are ill (like Kakashi was) or busy (like Kakashi is). She didn't make a WISE choice by sending a Jounin and 3 Chuunin. Especially not one of the youngest. It was STOOPID.

Yeah, there's also, "Ninja Nonsense" which is a ninja romance/shojo. It's rather frightening.
he should have sent kakashi, yamato, naruto, and gai.

gai, kakashi, and naruto fight directly while yamato regulates narutos chakra  

sk8intree

Pekora

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:18 pm
sk8intree
Shikalee
Welenkin
Shikalee

he should have sent kakashi, yamato, naruto, and gai.

gai, kakashi, and naruto fight directly while yamato regulates narutos chakra

Tsunade sended all of them, there wer several chances that another group of Chuunin/Jounin would've reached Akatsuki before, and got their asses kicked by them.
Kakashi, Yamato and Naruto have a more important task, helping/finishing the new jutsu  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:45 pm
It's so much fun reading your opinions, Shikalee. xD

I loved watching Asuma fight. It was like...whoa.

Too bad he died. Dx RIP.

JhonnyRaincloud

Dapper Member

Wildebeest

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:44 am
I'll be honest: I didn't think much of Asuma until his big fight at the end and his death. He was just one of those random characters who didn't really interest me.

During his fight, I was thinking, 'he's pretty kickarse and how could I not have noticed how cool he was.' And then he died. Though it made me sad, I can't say I was traumatized or anything, like when Gaara sorta died (Yes, I was traumatized when Gaara kinda died. xD).

So, yeah. I guess my point is, his death was sad but I'll probably forget about it by the time the next chapter comes out. ^^;;

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:03 am
Juuyonbi_No_Peko_=3
Tsunade sended all of them, there wer several chances that another group of Chuunin/Jounin would've reached Akatsuki before, and got their asses kicked by them.
Kakashi, Yamato and Naruto have a more important task, helping/finishing the new jutsu
You mean sent, right? neutral

Sound is a FAR smaller village than Konoha. Even Sand and Sound combined are drawfed by Konoha's forces. Tsunade made a stupid choice; period.

That new jutsu is NOT more important than lives. In fact, teaching Naruto that Jutsu is a HUGE risk.  

Syndactyly

Naruto Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces