yes, yes you are
  well, it depends, vegemite or marmite?
  hey, thats a good one!
View Results

I be me

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:48 am
Chaos_Atreau
lol, we convinced the jap exchange students that koalas were poisonus mrgreen
that is like our nations only non deadly animal and you made it poisionus. Good work.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:45 pm
Actually, Koalas are quite nasty when they are on the ground. sweatdrop

But anyways, I told some young blokes from the city who were going hunting, I was up at my uncle's place at the time, to watch out for kangawallafoxes. They were like, what the hell are they? I said they'd probably see them out and about. My cousin and I went down to near where they were hunting and scared the absoulte crap out of them by making strange noises and shaking bushes and what not. rofl

My cousin hasn't seen them up there in a long time now. rofl

Beautiful Grotesque

Shameless Hoarder

Daidoji Hotaru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:16 am
One of my friends from america came over to visit one of her other friends on exchange and I invited her camping. We joked about drop bears and stuff and eventually I aggreed that they didn't exist by saying

"Yeah I know mythical creatures like drop bears and bandicoots"

Or something to that effect, but she didn't seem to notice the bandicoots part.

lol

I thought it was really funny.

Bandicoots are real arn't they? Yes they are, damn, now im confusing myself.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:24 pm
Yeah they are real. They are just on the verge of extinction.

Beautiful Grotesque

Shameless Hoarder

Frog Juice

7,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:27 am
I tell the usualy stories about drop bears and hoop snakes.

I do know a guy who scared a British tourist really badly by convincing her that hoop snakes were real and that she was damn lucky so far.

She ended up getting so damn scared that she rang a tour company she was going up to the Northern Territory with to see what protection she should take for hoop snakes xD

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:43 pm
When I used to still play Maplestory in the Global server (I play the SEA server now, but it hates me sweatdrop ) I met a few Americans. They asked me what Australia was like, and is it really like all country and no towns.

I told them that the whole place is flocked in sheep, and we use kangaroos for transportation.

I think they believed me though... it started out as a joke and then they started taking it really seriously.  

missy_sheryl

BeMuled MissBeth

Shameless Fairy

19,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:24 am
Ahem .... I had an American convinced once that we Canadians really do live in Igloos. In fact, I had him so convinced that he actually started asking me questions like, "How do you have internet and stuff?" My response: "We run the cables and wires under the snow." Oh yeah. And to top it off, I told him we could even create these large Igloos that could house numerous families like their apartment buildings. *rolls eyes* But I said that our Animal Rights laws forbade us to use sled dogs anymore, so we had to make frequent use of snow mobiles. 4laugh  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:37 am
i tell them you only see kangaroos when they are dead on the side of the road, it breaks their lil hearts rofl rofl but its the truth biggrin
And good old tree kangaroos... they are real i know but we tell people they jump on cars and attack people

Love on a stick

Wolfeona The Wise

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:40 pm
you guys make me wish that America had more tourist in smaller areas, we only get to meet Canadians or Mexicans, there just not the same the live too close, you cant fool them properly.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:43 pm
I think the best joke is telling them that we don't really speak english, everyone learns aboriginal... I had an American really worried about how they were going to order McDonalds in local aboriginal dialect... and at that point I told them that we sold witchety grubs at take away stores. rofl rofl rofl  

the_weird_1

Black-Almaz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:33 pm
When a troop of American grunts came over, 12 stayed in our area. We told them about drop bears 2 didn’t want to come out the tent for a few days, until the others told them  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:48 pm
the funniest thing for me... they all go 'oh, do you have kangaroos in your back yard as pets' and i reply 'no, but i have seen them hopping down the street'... okay, doesnt seem funny, but where i live on the central coast they actually do, and i am not far from a very populated area (the area i am in is pretty populated too, not as much though)  

Lynx Raven Raide

tainted angel 87

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:39 am
I be me
Chaos_Atreau
lol, we convinced the jap exchange students that koalas were poisonus mrgreen
that is like our nations only non deadly animal and you made it poisionus. Good work.

sweatdrop Non-deadly sweatdrop

Those damn things are viscious if you scare them >.<.
My pop got badly injured by one once when he picked it up (long story don't ask).

People in chat rooms Whom I talk to seem to think you can pick them up.

(on't mind me Koalas are a really common thing for me. I live in the "koala capitol of the world" apparently)

Oh and I ahve seen Kangaroos hoping down the street in town (I live in a town, rural town but I mean we have ten thousand people)
I was like......... eek wtf was that a Kangaroo hoping down the centeral buisness are?

We also get sea gulls here (and the nearest sea is something like 5 hours away).

I havent really told any one over seas lies. I've told them not to pick up koalas though.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:37 am
ok i have a few things to say^^
my english teacher had 2 or his korean friends standing still in the sun 4 an hour coz there was "drop bears" above them
me and my bro started the dumbest conspiracy theory that koalas are actualy the worlds most evil creature and that they hunt lone humans 4 fun
also we cant see kangaroos in the main street here (rural city of griffith)
but we see them in the morning around the golf corse no koalas though(thank god lol)  

dark mousy 1

Falethial

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:19 pm
Ahhh see I just tell truths, like that I feed my pet wallabies...teeheehee. I'll get a piccie for ya later!  
The Official Australian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff