Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think they should kill off the two main characters
  NO!
  YES!
View Results

The Atheistic Messiah

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:03 am
That is true......This story would be pretty good if it didnt have anything to do with ruroken. But all this director did was turn every charicter in ruroken into a @#$&#xin;g sterio type. Thats BULLSHIT.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:58 pm
Safiya15
The ending was terrible- and it didn't make sense- yes, in the manga, they hinted near the end that because of the way of the Hiten-Mitsurugi style, only huge people like Hiko would be able to using it without damaging their body. Kenshin, however...

In any case, all Megumi said was that in time kenshin wouldn't be able to use it any longer- NOT that some horrible red rash looking thing w/ tuberculosis looking symptoms would take over his body and be transmissible.

And Kaoru "got it" I cried for Kenshin, but was consoled with the fact that that never happened in the manga. My only regret was that I didn't get to see Kaoru die.

So Yes, kill 'a main character' not THE main character.

So that is why he can't use Hiten-Mitsurugi in the end. Personally, I thought he just didn't want to fight anymore...  

Lycorius

The Atheistic Messiah

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:40 pm
Even if Kenshin could still use his swordstyle i think he would have given his sakabato to yahiko and given up fighting.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:01 pm
rouroken
Even if Kenshin could still use his swordstyle i think he would have given his sakabato to yahiko and given up fighting.

Um, I pretty sure he did give the Sakabatou to Yahiko... sweatdrop  

Lycorius

Seliece

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:19 pm
This is why I will always prefer manga over the anime. It goes by what the manga-ka wants, not the producers. [usually]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:52 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Yeah, I guess even in manga form the story can be altered by editors, the publishing company, etc. I remember Watsuki making comments about his editor (I presume from Shonen Jump) having him change stuff in RuroKen. I guess the only way for a mangaka to make their story 100% their own would be to publish it themselves.

Sessha wa rurouni, de gozaro yo.

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250

Enishi-san

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:02 pm
Tasha21
That's true that's why I didn't like the ending because all main characters in any movie should live happily ever after. I know, I just LOVE fairy tale endings.

When you grow up to know that isn't how life works, then you might understand.

I liked the ending to tell the truth. It just goes to show you that you can be one of the greatest of something in the whole world yet you can still die from the littlest things.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:50 pm
hehehehehehe.....damn right  

The Atheistic Messiah

d a s Z o m b i e

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:41 am
Even though it wasn't the real ending I was still a little sad.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:46 pm
yeah what she said  

The Atheistic Messiah

Enishi-san

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:44 am
rouroken
yeah what she said

Are you posting just to get your word in?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:45 am
yeah what he said  

The Atheistic Messiah

Enishi-san

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:23 am
stressed  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:00 pm
Yami no Hitokiri
No one dislikes Seisouhen more than I do, but it helps to understand the spirit in which it was made. The manga was made in the tradition of shonen manga, which usually have happy endings. Watsuki believed the essence of shonen manga is "smiling faces and a happy ending".

The anime/OVA director, Kazuhiro Furohashi had a vision of RuroKen as a historical period epic. While he was obligated to honor the manga style in his work with the anime, he was given more freedom with the OVAs. Thus you see the story "reworked" in Tsuiokuhen and Seisouhen to a much more sombre tone.

Seisouhen was portraying Kenshin and Kaoru, not as Watsuki's manga characters but as the tragic characters in the tradition of many Japanese love stories, such as Madame Butterfly.

Kenshin is the samurai husband, walking the path of Bushido, which often means neglecting his own family. Kaoru is the good Japanese wife, who follows her husband into death at the end.

It's also more historically accurate. Many samurai husbands did leave their wives and children alone for months while they were off serving their daimyo and fighting. Kenshin in this story is portrayed as the samurai and the Meiji government is his "daimyo".

Even today, many husbands live separately from their wives and children so they can be close to their jobs while their families remain close to their in-laws. The husband sends money and gifts home to the wife and children and visits them on holidays.

So, as far as being a Japanese period drama, Seisouhen is historically and culturally very accurate. But as a RuroKen story, it sucks a**.

Historical accuracy is wonderful but.... It still makes me angry that Kenshin always left Kaoru and Kenji to go and do whatever it was he was doing that some how helped people but gave him this weird disease too. I wish I had never watched those last two OVA's... *still fumming about it over a month later* >.<  

SilentNinjaFox

Selene2

5,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:39 pm
i never imagined to ease Humura-san got was lepersies, okiedokie? that's when the virus starts to eat away at your skin. and it's contasious, so karou got it sleepin with him. it really was a sad ending. crying crying gonk POOR KENSHIN!!!!!!!!!!! BUT GOD!!!!!! did you guys see sanosuke?!??!?!?! eek burning_eyes omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE LIKE, grew out his hair, and had a 24'o' clock shodow.... xd i never imagined sanosuke to look like that!!!!!!!!!!!! but also, did ya'll see kenji's little girlfriend? now how many of have read the bonous story in the first vo,ume of rurouni kenshin? yup. it's Chizuru. how did i know? because i reround it, and looked at the credits, and it said

CHIZURU

suprising ne? but i'm sure most of you already knew that. sweatdrop  
~The Rurouni Kenshin Guild~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas