Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Starlock
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:36 am
Jezehbelle
But that's why we should come together, isn't it?

There's a lot of confusion about paganism outside and inside of the community, and again, it's easier to be heard as a group than it is to be heard as an individual.

One of the groups I'm aware of that is pretty organized does a much better job of PR than it would if the Neopagans in the area were just scattered around everywhere. They have a public presence. They attend religious diversity fairs. They do community service projects AS Neopagans. It really does well to improve the image of Neopagans in that area.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:29 am
Starlock
Jezehbelle
But that's why we should come together, isn't it?

There's a lot of confusion about paganism outside and inside of the community, and again, it's easier to be heard as a group than it is to be heard as an individual.

One of the groups I'm aware of that is pretty organized does a much better job of PR than it would if the Neopagans in the area were just scattered around everywhere. They have a public presence. They attend religious diversity fairs. They do community service projects AS Neopagans. It really does well to improve the image of Neopagans in that area.
There's a surprising amount of organization around the Atlanta area (which is what I'm south west of by 10 miles), in the past, there was a stronger, or maybe, louder presence, but it seems to have waned off a little in recent years.

There are still Pagans Pick Up the Park events and classes and Pride Festivals and so on and so forth, but Ravenwood Seminary, where Wicca became a (at least state wise) tax exempt religion, it's just been quiet for a few years here now. Bob Barr's still against Wicca and witches and Neopagans and thinks they should be out of the military, but I don't see him getting any more supporters, even if he's switched from Republican to Libertarian. e _e  

Jezehbelle

Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces