Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
What do your parents not let you to do with your appearance? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-Isel-

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:49 pm
MortSanglant
Isel
MortSanglant
I don't really have any restrictions.

I mean, I'm sure if I decided I wanted to dress like a whore, my parents would object.

But I don't give them reason to place any restrictions on me.

If I wanted a tattoo or crazy piercings, I could get them. But I don't want them anyway.

I can pretty much dress how I want.

3nodding

Same here.

Woo!

Pwnage!

^^

Complete pwnage, at that.

Oftentimes I've walked out of the house wearing nothing that comes from any men's department anywhere, rather, women's departments (where I tend to shop more often) and nobody will care.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:30 pm
Oh so many things. No combat boots, Tripp pants, wristbands, lacy gloves, things with skulls on them (sometimes there are exceptions), no striped tights (which I really want!). The list goes on and on.  

deathcomes_onsilentwings

Darkness_Inside88

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:35 pm
Hmm, my parents surprise me sometimes. They'll let me wear one thing, but, they won't let me wear another thing which they consider worse than the other things but it really is better. ahem, yeah, sorry that was so confusing, but, here are the definite things i know my parents would never let me wear:

-nothing with skulls on them
-no black nailpolish (which is okay cuz I never really wear nailpolish anyway)
-not alot of chains (I don't wear alot of those anyway)
-nothing with pictures of people who look like they are the walking dead (though, cartoon characters are okay)

I can get away with the whole victorian gothic look. I love Victorian and Elizabethan styles (corsets, lace, ribbons, etc). so, yeah, I'm okay with that. I also love capes. so, I guess i'll have to make do with what I can wear for now...  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:14 pm
Dragonfire_Goddess
My parents say no piercings or tatoos, (which I don't want anyway) but besides that they're pretty tolerant. My dad occasionaly freaks out about semi transparant shirts, and my mom doesn't like my makeup/hair to be too outrageous, but I guess we compromise. What do your parents not allow you to do with the way you look?
This >->... User Image  

Tenebrion Valefor

Veruniel
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:23 pm
I'm living on my own now, so my parents can't butt in. But even if they could, I doubt they'd choose to.

I didn't get into goth until I'd already gone to college, and they figured I was adult enough to make my own choices by then. They did strongly urge me to get no tattoos or piercings, but I wouldn't have anyway. Aside from that, they were fine with it. They actually think I look sorta cool... though they laugh at me if I go too crazy with the makeup. lol  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:35 pm
NO face piercings. I would really like a lip ring but I probably won't be able to get one until I move out in May. My parents say that it will cause me to have trouble finding a job or a boyfriend. Which my last boyfriend thought they were pretty hot on chicks & he just got one so apparently it doesn't matter to the boys I like. They also don't want me to get any tattoos but I'm getting one on my senior trip this year in June. Maybe even more than one. They don't have a problem with revealing clothes on account that I don't really wear any. But if I did they would have a major problem with it.  

xx_pinkxpoison_xx

ever_and_a_day

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:43 pm
my parents hate it, i have to wear blue jeans or cargo pants, they wont let me buy ant tripps. they wont let me high light my hair either, i want to do it blue, also no tatts, but im gettung one as soon as im 18.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:13 pm
The other day I wanted to get a shirt with the Venture Brothers logo on it and my mom wouldn't let me. sweatdrop My parents are mostly just confused....they're kind of becoming more and more desensitized, though, thankfully.  

perrenthezombie

Bakurish

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:20 pm
K i t t i e .
My dad is against me 'changing', but my mom is tolerant and would let me do anything I want to.

Only problem is, I have no courage. xp

Same here. I can't wear any of my favorite clothes to school because I don't want to be laughed at. I mean, I'm pretty sure I'm the only black goth at my school (my town, my county, my state...) and I have a pretty low self-esteem...  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:21 pm
Tenebrion Valefor
Dragonfire_Goddess
My parents say no piercings or tatoos, (which I don't want anyway) but besides that they're pretty tolerant. My dad occasionaly freaks out about semi transparant shirts, and my mom doesn't like my makeup/hair to be too outrageous, but I guess we compromise. What do your parents not allow you to do with the way you look?
This >->... User Image

That made my giggle.
heart  

Bakurish

Darkend Angel Wings

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:56 pm
basicaly nothing from hottopic.. whitch really sucks.. no eyeliner or mascara. no black nail polish. no all black.. no tripp, no fishnet, no boots, no tights/stockings/or nylons. and basicaly nothing tight..  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:23 pm
Well, my mom is pretty a**l about my appareance, and my dad stoped dressing gothy when he enterd the buisness world, so I'm living with two clashing view points.

On my mom's side, if its dark it's bad (excluding dress clothing), shes afraid of the Nightmare Before Chistmas, and she hate the very idea of me hanging out with 'those people'. She doesn't want me to dye my hair blue, if it were up to her I would be in the house 24/7 with tutors.

On the other hand, my dad could care less about apperal and friends, just as long as I don't get in trouble. He is one of tolerance and high morals. He tries to be more leinent with school work because he burned him self out and he doesn't want to see the samething happen to me, but education comes first then everything else  

Omega_Dragoon_Wolff

Hunter of the Dammed

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:24 pm
Konkuro
Amon the Halfbreed
Konkuro
My parents say, no peircings and/or tattoos, No dying my hair black (wich is what I want to do so badly! crying ) and if I wear my favorite pair of pants too much my grandma will take then away. say I have to wear blue jeans for 1-3 days in a row and to stop wearing them to much! I hate blue jeans so much!

I tried sending mine to goodwill but they got intercepted

lol! My grandparents hate me being goth! They think that all goths are Satanist or Wiccans wich isnt true! (No offense to people who are) Im not, im a christian goth and they wont seem to get it in their stupid heads! scream Im so tired of it! *sigh* I wish I lived with my dad! He doesnt care at all! I told him and he said cool! hes an awsome guy, hes in a band and basically doesnt care about what I or my brother and I do! If I said: "Dad, i want to get my lip peirced" he would say: "is that what you REALLY want to do?" and id be all like: "Yes" then hed say "okay next saturday" hes so awsome! Hes basically ashamed of my brother though, hes a car junkie who doesnt know jack! And hes only 11 years old! My dad is 31
Well i dont got a dad, but my mom tries to convince herself that Im not goth but it gets intresting.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:42 pm
meh only real thing i got is...my mom doesn't like me wearing my collar that much....  

ketchakik

chinagrl777

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:13 pm
Bakurish
Tenebrion Valefor
Dragonfire_Goddess
This >->... User Image

That made my giggle.
heart

yup  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items