I have noticed something that disturbs me Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-Isel-

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:58 pm
Raethyn Sarachael
I don't claim to be a goth. I just fit with the crowd.
Take that as you will.

Delusional?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:58 pm
Raethyn Sarachael
I don't claim to be a goth. I just fit with the crowd.
Take that as you will.

You and me both, I've made friends with some of the scarier looking ones, but hey, they're not that bad once you get to know them, and people think I'm insane because I (the somewhat normal looking one*) am hanging out with the 'freaks' or 'those scary people'.

*normal varies from person to person, so don't shoot me just cause the norm at school is to try and be a gangster  

Omega_Dragoon_Wolff

ketchakik

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:01 pm
meh there have always been and will always be posers..just like rap will always have a vanilla ice or nelly razz  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:15 pm
ketchakik
meh there have always been and will always be posers..just like rap will always have a vanilla ice or nelly razz

This is true, and I'm tired of the Rap/Gangster crap, just because its so popular doesn't mean that you have to follow it like a religion. Hell half the schoolwas in an uproar when Weird Al released "White and Nerdy".  

Omega_Dragoon_Wolff

Hunter of the Dammed

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:26 pm
Omega_Dragoon_Wolff
I don't know if anyone else accross the country has noticed this, but something that is greatly disturbing me here.

When I first entered High School, 2 yrs ago, the goths, to me, seemed to be ordinary people who dress darker and intelctuals. Now I don't consider myself a full goth (you may ask why I'm here) but I got along with the ones in the schools because I could give an inteligent conversation.

At the beginning of this school year I noticed that the freashmen and transfer students who dub themselfs goth, seem to have nothing between they're ears. But there is the occasional one who seem to fit the bill of goth, at least to the school's goth population standard (maybe thats a bad term).

Now tell me this, is there an ebb and flow to the goth culture, or is it that kids who don't know anything trying to expand into territory that makes them look cool.

well alot of times the got freshman turn out to be posers. I see them alot. Most of them end up hanging around with jocks  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:10 pm
Isobel Bellamy
Wait til you get to college for goth spotting hun, and usually the people that get into college have a few brain cells to rub together (unless they got in because daddy gave the college people a load of money). In general most of the people waring black in high school aren't true goths, to tell, ask what they like, if they reply with Hawthorne Heights then yeah, those're emos, if however they reply with true in the blue (should that be black?) goth (Joy Division, Bauhaus) then you've got yourself some goth there (yaay!).

However, it may be noted that there is a third kind of freak you may discover - the metalhead. As a member of this breed I tend to describe myself as goth (I dress like one, I like a lot of vintage goth etc) as I find it easier to call myself that, it saves of arguments of
"but you wear black, your goth"
"no, I like metal"
"what, that goth music with all the screaming?"
etc etc rolleyes

Amusingly there's only really metalheads at my school, 1 goth girl (that I re-turned goth from hippie!), and just 1 emo. Another amusing thing is I'm only 1 of two metal/goth girls in the entire school with around 10 or so guys, it's a very nice situation rofl

It's funny how many people these days don't even know what metal is all about.  

UraniumMonk

xdemonicallyxyours13x

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:13 pm
UraniumMonk

It's funny how many people these days don't even know what metal is all about.

I know eh?

but anyways... i just act like me...  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:39 pm
These new kids are silly. Also I've noticed that the freshmen have much less respect for seniors than they should. It's annoying. They are annoying. They act like they own the school. Brats. Even the "goth" ones.  

Alice_K8

DreamerSpirit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:07 pm
No matter what subculture you drift through... what circles you hang out with, you'll oftentimes find those who don't truly fit into that circle. Often with subcultures these people are called 'pousers'. They're usually into the scene for either attention, because 'it looks cool', or because they do not understand the true essence of the culture.

I see a few people in my school who believe that they're gothic, yet it appears that they have very little in terms of grey matter (which, in my mind is essential to the gothic mentality and lifestyle)... but I just live and let live. Thier definition of gothic may be quite different from mine, but they're entitled to thier own beliefs, opinions, ideas, and style of dress. Who am I to say that my ideas are more 'correct' than thiers?

Just live and let live. Everyone is entitled to do as they wish, within reason of course. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:01 pm
Isobel Bellamy
Wait til you get to college for goth spotting hun, and usually the people that get into college have a few brain cells to rub together (unless they got in because daddy gave the college people a load of money). In general most of the people waring black in high school aren't true goths, to tell, ask what they like, if they reply with Hawthorne Heights then yeah, those're emos, if however they reply with true in the blue (should that be black?) goth (Joy Division, Bauhaus) then you've got yourself some goth there (yaay!).

However, it may be noted that there is a third kind of freak you may discover - the metalhead. As a member of this breed I tend to describe myself as goth (I dress like one, I like a lot of vintage goth etc) as I find it easier to call myself that, it saves of arguments of
"but you wear black, your goth"
"no, I like metal"
"what, that goth music with all the screaming?"
etc etc rolleyes

Amusingly there's only really metalheads at my school, 1 goth girl (that I re-turned goth from hippie!), and just 1 emo. Another amusing thing is I'm only 1 of two metal/goth girls in the entire school with around 10 or so guys, it's a very nice situation rofl

you don't know a t h i n g about my s i n s, how the m i s e r y begins.

I am in college. Usually, I sound more mature (people ask me why I'm not 22 or 23 all the time, becuase there's no way that I'm actually 18 ), but when I am naive to a subject matter, it probably comes across that I am younger than I am. I realized the other day that I have a ridiculous amount of people I hang out with (but about the same number as usual of close friends). Some of them are metalheads. Some of them are hippies. Most of them smoke pot. And I ended up being Columbia in a student-produced, student-written sequel to the Rocky Horror Picture Show. God help me please.

I kinda hooked up with one of the metalheads for a little bit. Bad experience. We didn't mesh at all. Though I've only been on campus for all of two months, I haven't seen any people I would pick out as being goths. Eh, whatever. I wear what appeals to me. And I behave how I wish to behave.

Sometimes I wish we weren't defined by labels or class or prejudices. But, at the same time that they are hurtful, they actually do kind of help us.... in their own weird way.

you d o n ' t k n o w, so i'm burning. i'm b u r n i n g.

thun_der_kat

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:02 pm
Lets see how this definition reflects the aclaimed goth population at my school.....(although you can still have some of these and still be Goth, ex:I listen to AFI and My Chemical Romance)

-Wear almost nothing but Hot Topic Clothes
35% (I go there, but only 20% of my wardrobe comes from there, and it's mostly band T shirts.)
-Wear Tripp Bondage Pants
15% (No comment.....)
-Wear ridiculous amounts of wrist-bands
25% (THIS MEANS YOU *name shall remian anonymous*
-Wear ONLY black
50% (Rachel is exepted from this coloumn)
-Write in black sharpie words like "death" and "pain" over any white area of clothing
25% (Why do they do this?????White isn't that bad!)
-Try to get attention, but claim they aren't [trying to get attention]
45% (They know they do deep down...)
-Claim to be goth, but don't actually know what goth is
50% (Mostly the true goths seldom claim to be goth, these 50% walk around talking about how "goth" they are. A lot of goths don't even look the "goth" part, but are due to their interests.)
-Are angsty
20% (...)
-Claim to be "More goth"
20% (Those who do are...idiots...)
-Instantly hate anyone who isn't mallcore
20% (Good way to tell...)
-Claim to be artistically inclined, though, typically only say this to fit in with the art crowd
45% ( I've never seen them engage in any artistic activity in my life)
-Claim to be against labels, but use labels themselves
60% (Some do just while generally refering to something)
-Spend a lot of time at the mall, annoying people or wasting time
45% (I go to the bookstore there, no body does that anymore!!!!)
-Purposefully scare non-goths
25% (Why do you do this???)
-Call members of the real goth culture "posers"
60% sweatdrop (They can't even define goth, so how would they know eh?)
-Listen to bands such as (but not limited to): Marilyn Manson, Evanescence, koRn, Slipknot, My Chemical Romance, Aiden, Cradle of Filth, and AFI
65% (I do like some of the above bands but I put these very low on a rating scale of wether one is goth or not.)
-Regularly wear band logo shirts
20% (The metalheads do that mostly)
-Wear shirts that say "I'm a Goth" or "GOTH"
0% (Never seen one of those in my life)
-Wear too much make-up, typically which is over exaggerated
25% (They can't even put it on correctly so it looks...ick)
-Are undyingly obsessed with Marilyn Manson, Gerard Way, Dany Filth, or such other figures
45% (I have more respect for the bands than they all do put together...)
-Are pointlessly rebellious (i.e. against ANYTHING that's AT ALL popular)
35% (Coverse shoes are not that bad people....)
-Claim to be bisexual (but tend to be straight, only claiming to be bisexual for attention)
I don't know enough for this coloumn
-Wear too much jewelry, which tends to be low quality
35% (To many bracelets people...)  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:26 pm
i would say them trying to fit in and look cool  

chibihanyou2001

Willie-John[Abomination]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:00 pm
i'd say out of the goths in my school which is not hat many only like 10..3 of them are posers  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:14 pm
i think they're emo..but think they're both...no offense..but a lot of freshmen are stupid  

The Dadalorian

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces