Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Legion of Gaian Zombies
Do you consider 28 Days Later a zombie movie? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you consider 28 Days Later a zombie movie?
  yes!
  no
  almost
View Results

The Spirit of Versailles

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:25 pm
You know, there have been huge debates about this. They're called zombies because they infect other people, but they don't really eat them, they just bite their victims to get them infected. The "zombies" aren't really dead, they just don't have control over their actions, like zombies. And zombie, for those of you who didn't read the zombie survival guide, comes off of an African word meaning "slave".

The reason why people call it a zombie movie, in my opinion is, what DO you call it?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:28 pm
X86842
Mister Death
Psh no way. Zombie are disease infested monsters that only follow the urge to eat.

first off, I'm a Ramen whore....

Secondly,
zombie

n 1: a dead body that has been brought back to life by an unnatural force 5: several kinds of rum with fruit juice and usually apricot liqueur

Ragin' infected zombies meet this definition? Me thinks yes.
No, it actually doesn't. In 28 days later, the infected don't die.  

The Spirit of Versailles

Asia8989
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:21 pm
altoid_masta
You know, there have been huge debates about this. They're called zombies because they infect other people, but they don't really eat them, they just bite their victims to get them infected. The "zombies" aren't really dead, they just don't have control over their actions, like zombies. And zombie, for those of you who didn't read the zombie survival guide, comes off of an African word meaning "slave".

The reason why people call it a zombie movie, in my opinion is, what DO you call it?
They do eat people, they make a big deal in the first movie about how they have to feed or they will die after a while.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:49 am
Main Entry: zom·bie
Etymology: Louisiana Creole or Haitian Creole zõbi, of Bantu origin; akin to Kimbundu nzúmbe ghost
1 usually zombi a : the supernatural power that according to voodoo belief may enter into and reanimate a dead body b : a will-less and speechless human in the West Indies capable only of automatic movement who is held to have died and been supernaturally reanimated
2 a : a person held to resemble the so-called walking dead ; especially : AUTOMATON b : a person markedly strange in appearance or behavior
3 : a mixed drink made of several kinds of rum, liqueur, and fruit juice

I think 2a, describes it perfectly. No?

And even if the people in 28 days later weren't literal zombies (being dead & stuff), they all had zombie-like attributes.
1- No rational thought process, other than that of violence / the seeking out of food.
2- No self control in a rational way.
3- Cannibalistic tendencies.. they all tended to pretty much ignore animals.
And lastly, who's to say that a fresh zombie doesn't perform normally? Who made up the rules saying they have to stagger and sway and move around like a bumbling idiot?
Only reason I can see them being like that, is in the latter stages of dicomposition, when the muscles aren't nearly as responsive as opposed to a fresh 1-2 day old corpse.
Seeing as how the reason they were used by voodoo users... was to be slaves smile 3nodding  

corpse banger

The Spirit of Versailles

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:11 am
Asia8989
altoid_masta

They do eat people, they make a big deal in the first movie about how they have to feed or they will die after a while.
Yeah duh, they HAVE to feed, but they don't. Seriously, watch the movie again. There's something you're obviously not getting here.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:37 pm
Sovel
Asia8989
altoid_masta

Yeah duh, they HAVE to feed, but they don't. Seriously, watch the f***ing movie again. There's something you're obviously not getting here.

Stop arguing over opinions  

Jack__Ripper
Crew

The Spirit of Versailles

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:23 pm
Jack__Ripper
Sovel
Asia8989
altoid_masta

Yeah duh, they HAVE to feed, but they don't. Seriously, watch the f***ing movie again. There's something you're obviously not getting here.

Dude, it's not an opinion.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:46 pm
Sovel
Jack__Ripper
Sovel
Asia8989
altoid_masta

Dude, it's not an opinion.
Yes it is and so is what you just said so stop fighting over opinions and listen to the mods or you will be kicked out of the guild.

Asia8989
Captain

Sream Aim Fire

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:38 pm
I think it is on the borderline...because they go into the rage and they beat people to death and in some instances they will eat someone  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:18 am
xscreaming_dead_bunnyx
I think it is on the borderline...because they go into the rage and they beat people to death and in some instances they will eat someone

I believe it is a zombie movie, for one simple fact, Voodoo zombies don't eat people nor are they dead. Anything that is zombie-like, is a zombie.  

Jack__Ripper
Crew

[`hooker-boots]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:13 pm
Hell, I thought it was one. I love movies with masses of the undead.

Fast zombies = megacool.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:38 pm
Anything that is bloodthirsty and technicaly undead, to pure rotted corpeses can be consitered zombies. If it was going on in the real world, on the one side, monsters going ughhh and shuffeling around doing snakes and ladders to get to someone, and on the other side monsters screaming making tatical manovers to get someone, I'd still consiter "Hey, zombies are here... So yes. I would say it is a zombie movie.  

Flauros_Dagon

Legion of Gaian Zombies

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces