Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Who here actually READS anymore?(I do and I'm proud of it!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How are you? (I'm FORCING you to answer nicely!)
  Very fine thank you.
  Not very well I'm afraid.
View Results

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:19 pm
I've always been a reader.

And a multitasking one at that - meaning I read numerous books at one time.

However, I detest The Red Badge of Courage.

I just recently finished Nectar in a Sieve.

Excellent book regarding life in India. I highly recommend it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:53 am
Darkness Is My Life's Blood

I read anything and everything that interests me.

Light Is My Deaths Curse

Dante Omura

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:45 am
I read quite a lot... mostly horror, suspense, and dark fantasy (currently reading "The Taking" by Dean Koontz)  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:24 am
where we live, there is hang out called the haven for alternative types of people and the main we all do is discuss books. i love literature  

xdemonicallyxyours13x

Morrighu

Distrustful Kitten

6,625 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:42 am
I love to read. I don't usually get books from a store though...Buying them gets expensive after a bit. Especially Stephen King books.

As for music, I can play Piano, Flute, and some other things.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:57 am
I love to read! I was addicted to Harry Potter.... until I got through the last one. cry But I've read almost every Stephen King book, I can read She Said Yes over and over again(already read it 5 times xd ), I know this is kinda wierd, but I love the Gossip Girl novels, I like books about reincarnation(I have quite a few), and I can always read anything about any type of spirituality. I have soooo many books, I don't know what to do with them!!! I play piano. Have for 7 years, and I write music(to play) and lyrics.  

Corpse_Bride_131

ever_and_a_day

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:45 pm
i love to read, my favorite is abarat. its cool its not really goth, but its way twisted and demented. every one should read it. its a 4 part series but only the first 2 are out.

and to answer the instrument question:
i have been playing flute for five years, and even though i hate my flute, i am first chair(the best) in my band class. i have also been playing guitar for 2 years but im not very good, i can just read tabs. i play alittle bit of piano too, i took lesons for a few years, but i hate it even more than my flute.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:46 pm
I've been reading fluently since i was four. I can remember at that age I was reading the bible on my own, although my father sitting next to me just in case I needed some help with a word.

I read screenplays of musicals, mostly. I just finished Sweeney Todd : The Demon Barber of Fleet Street.

I also love to read textbooks. It's quite interesting.

I've read Crank, Burned [ twice now ], Go Ask Alice [ at least three times ], If I Die Before I wake [ five times, if not more ], Cut, Les Miserables, Edgar Allen Poe, Eragon, Eldest, and I'm still reading Schindler's List. Ah yes, and I'm also reading Everything's Eventual by Stephen King. It's a book of fourteen short stories, which are dark and demented.

I've read all of the Harry Potter books to date, but only once. I just read them so I know what's going on and so I don't feel out of place if i'm somewhere where people are talking about it.

I've read Night for school. It was really amazing. I've also read [ for school ] Macbeth, Romeo and Juliet, To Kill A Mockingbird, The Odyssey, Fahrenheit 451, and Animal Farm.

For English we're currently reading A Raisin In The Sun, then reading The Crucible, then The Great Gatsby.

As for music, I used to play piano until my teacher quit. She just stopped showing up one day for lessons. I was quite happy to stop because I absolutely HATED her.

But I sing otherwise, and i'm in Musical Theatre at my high school, and am auditioning for The Music Man on Tuesday.

[ Die Katze ]

Rimi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:53 pm
Me and some of my friends still read aton of books aside the fact of everyone calling us weird for reading or what not. I enjoy books alot and it's killing me not to have anything to read, cause I have nothing to look forward to finding out in a story.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:00 pm
I love to read! the most recents books i have read are "twilight" "new moon" and "a great and terrible beauty" they are all very good books! i play the violin, i have been for eight years. i teach myself songs by ear on my violin and on the piano and i just recently bought an electric guitar. i do, in fact, write my own songs also. I have a few lyrics that i'd like to put with sheet music for the violin and piano. so, yes, those are a few of my current project...  

Darkness_Inside88

EvFaerAshlynn

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:36 pm
Excellent idea for a thread. I like to read....  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:53 pm
I read anything I can get my hands on, basically. Ok, I lied; It has to be something good. For instance, I'm currently reading The Midnighters. It's v. interesting. 3nodding  

Bakurish

Corpse_Bride_131

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:59 pm
[ Die Katze ]
I've been reading fluently since i was four. I can remember at that age I was reading the bible on my own, although my father sitting next to me just in case I needed some help with a word.

I read screenplays of musicals, mostly. I just finished Sweeney Todd : The Demon Barber of Fleet Street.

I also love to read textbooks. It's quite interesting.

I've read Crank, Burned [ twice now ], Go Ask Alice [ at least three times ], If I Die Before I wake [ five times, if not more ], Cut, Les Miserables, Edgar Allen Poe, Eragon, Eldest, and I'm still reading Schindler's List. Ah yes, and I'm also reading Everything's Eventual by Stephen King. It's a book of fourteen short stories, which are dark and demented.

I've read all of the Harry Potter books to date, but only once. I just read them so I know what's going on and so I don't feel out of place if i'm somewhere where people are talking about it.

I've read Night for school. It was really amazing. I've also read [ for school ] Macbeth, Romeo and Juliet, To Kill A Mockingbird, The Odyssey, Fahrenheit 451, and Animal Farm.

For English we're currently reading A Raisin In The Sun, then reading The Crucible, then The Great Gatsby.

As for music, I used to play piano until my teacher quit. She just stopped showing up one day for lessons. I was quite happy to stop because I absolutely HATED her.

But I sing otherwise, and i'm in Musical Theatre at my high school, and am auditioning for The Music Man on Tuesday.
omg! im reading everything eventual right now too! ha! wow, sorry. got a little excited there. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:52 pm
Honestly, I don't understand how anyone doesn't read. I've been reading for as long as I can remember, my parents say that I started rather young, 3 or 4, and I don't really think I coudl live without books. I'm mostly into fantasy/sci-fi since that's what I write, but I'll read other things too, like right now I'm reading a murder mystery. I go to the bookstore constantly, every employee at the local Books a Million knows my name, phone number, and discount card number. Some of them know me so well that they even suggest certain new relaeses when I come in.

As for music I play the piano, and I don't usually write my own music but I rarely play sheet music. I hear a song and then pick it out on the piano, including (sometimes) chords.  

Dragonfire Goddess

DreamerSpirit

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:34 pm
Tonidia Xilo
I love to read. I don't usually get books from a store though...Buying them gets expensive after a bit. Especially Stephen King books.

Buying books from Barnes and Nobel can get quite pricey... however I obtain most of my books second-hand... from used bookstores, thrift shops, yard sales, etc. It isn't very expensive to buy books like that, and oftentimes you come across really interesting peices, such as books with lithiographs in them dating back well over 100 years.

I love literature, and cherish my collection of antique books.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff