Submit

flameangel_child524

6,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 2:53 am

Oy, vey!

This is the second discussion that turned into a ninja vs pirates thread. Can't we just accept that they're both cool? Plus, they wouldn't have had to fight each other because when piracy abounded, the ninja were still a relatively young martial arts sector.

Besides, the pirate images shown in movies and other media aren't that accurate; they're only generalized from a handful of notorious pirates. Meaning, not all of them look as cool as those in the movies. xd

Ninja, meanwhile, aren't super-human and they don't have mythical powers; they only advertised it that way. I say 'they' because they were ordinary farmers and villagers when not spying or assassinating someone, and they promoted any rumor they overheard from their fellow villagers. It was a defensive maneuver; they were up against the state - symbolised by the samurai - and so needed to instill fear so that no one would hunt them out.

So...ninja or pirate, both are cool in their own ways. 3nodding

Take note, I've been researching on these guys for quite a while (if I said the actual period of time, you wouldn't believe me), so I'm pretty well-versed on the subject. Plus, I managed to interview a real-life ninja, see a modern ninjutsu dojo, and I was even allowed to bring home a couple of the weapons - the reason given was that they were too battered to be used in training and also as a reminder for me to return if I so wished. So...yeah, I've been lucky to meet one of those guys in person. And yes, he's Japanese. Not bragging; just stating facts.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:32 am
I are ninja! ninja

Hm. I never really got into the pirates craze, even with PoTC. Don't realy know why. o_o;;;  

Seliece

Attention Notification

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:24 am
i am a ninja but only in real life  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:59 am

@munny-man: Oh? All right then, perhaps I could interview you? First, I'll need your school name, then your rank, and your primary instructor. Seriously, though, I highly doubt that. Your statement itself is iffy... >.>

If you think I was kidding about the interview with a ninja thing... rolleyes I have the interview tape, but I don't know how to get it on my computer. AND I have a hard copy of the interview itself. And I don't have a camera, so I can't photograph the weapons I have with me now...
The nerve of some people...

((Please take note that I tend to take certain subjects very seriously, whether for an RP or discussion, or whatever it is. Particularly if I've done research work on it.))  

flameangel_child524

6,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200

yukino731

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:07 pm
i want to be like ninja, they can fly^^  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:15 pm
I want to be a Pirate-ninja!! pirate ninja  

The_Kracken1234

crimson_day

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:30 pm
I love naruto it's a graet show and yoshi is still cute and bump and I love the twins from Ouran high school host club there so hot.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:02 am
i like ninjas but i have never heard of this whole ninja vs. pirate thingy lol
in some way i think samurai's r better  

jetska

Site-Maintenance-MOD2003

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:54 pm
Ninjas rule!!!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:27 am
ninja  

TheyCallMeDee

TheyCallMeDee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:29 am
burning_eyes ninja evil rolleyes mrgreen scream crying xd 3nodding sweatdrop heart domokun  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:25 pm
i love ninjas heart heart biggrin ninja  

matchrane

batusai21

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:58 pm
Bl33ding_M00n
Ninjas are overrated. They aren't that skilled. Samurai are way better. I like to see the samurai through shinigami version ^^ . it's just more interesting.

yeah, ur yrt...  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:34 pm
please poeple ninjas own pirates yeah ill say pirates are kinda cul and all but ninjas pwn pirates  

thefuzz54

Vasarra

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:47 pm
ninja ninja ninja ninja ninja WHOO!! NINJAS!!! ninja ninja ninja ninja ninja ninja ninja ninja  
15: Fantasy Land

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff