Homework Help and General Schoolishness! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:50 pm
No worries bub, I'll get back to you later.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:22 pm
Yay!!! I just got my social science assignment back in the mail and I got a high distinction!!! xd xd xd  

Chemical_Kitten

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:16 am
Congrats, I only got a Credit in my last History assignment I got back, but then it was a month long research assignment that I did in three days. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:39 am
WellzY
Congrats, I only got a Credit in my last History assignment I got back, but then it was a month long research assignment that I did in three days. sweatdrop
Hehe, I had mine from the beginning of the term and didn't start until the week before it was due... sweatdrop

Just a quick question, what's a rate expression? I've got a reaction, and it's asking for a rate expression but I don't know what that means!!! gonk  

Chemical_Kitten

Delithraldur

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:41 am
Chemical_Kitten
WellzY
Hehe, I had mine from the beginning of the term and didn't start until the week before it was due... sweatdrop

Just a quick question, what's a rate expression? I've got a reaction, and it's asking for a rate expression but I don't know what that means!!! gonk
Answers are in the back? confused  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:46 am
Delithraldur
Chemical_Kitten
WellzY

Nope, got no answers... It's a practice exam... crying

I found out what a rate expression is, but all the rate orders and laws confuse me... crying  

Chemical_Kitten

Delithraldur

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:47 am
Chemical_Kitten
Delithraldur
Chemical_Kitten
WellzY

Nope, got no answers... It's a practice exam... crying

I found out what a rate expression is, but all the rate orders and laws confuse me... crying
Oh damn... neutral Well the next thing I was gonna say, shouldn't it be in the index... confused  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:52 am
Chemical_Kitten

Guamindang?

Sorry. xd

In other words, confusion? Rate expression is another term I havn't come across this year. Again, I might in reality know what it is, but not by it's proper name. One of us should move so we can be Chem Study Buddies. biggrin

I can still try and help you on Hybridisation though.  

WellzY
Crew

Chemical_Kitten

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:58 am
WellzY
Chemical_Kitten

Guamindang?

Sorry. xd

In other words, confusion? Rate expression is another term I havn't come across this year. Again, I might in reality know what it is, but not by it's proper name. One of us should move so we can be Chem Study Buddies. biggrin

Hehe, you move xd

I sort of understand it... sort of how when the concentration of a reactant doubles and so the product concentration doubles it is a first order reaction and if the product quadrouples when the reactant concentration doubles it is second order etc... so the rate order is 2^n. The rate order is "n" if it has a 2^n effect on doubling the reactant concentration... something like that... I hate kinetics... crying  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:00 am
Chemical_Kitten
WellzY
Chemical_Kitten

Guamindang?

Sorry. xd

Hehe, you move xd

I sort of understand it... sort of how when the concentration of a reactant doubles and so the product concentration doubles it is a first order reaction and if the product quadrouples when the reactant concentration doubles it is second order etc... so the rate order is 2^n. The rate order is "n" if it has a 2^n effect on doubling the reactant concentration... something like that... I hate kinetics... crying
OMGWTF?! I sorta understand that eek  

Delithraldur

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:03 am
Chemical_Kitten
Hehe, you move xd

That still just sounds like stoichiometry, but as you said it can be in a situation where all you're given is the concentrations. Do you also need to take restricting products into account? Because then that would just become even eviller.

Well, if dad had had his way, we would've moved up to Queensland long ago (he loves the warmer, hot weather) but mum wouldn't have it, so we're still here.

EDIT: Hehehe, well done Deli, got a scientific brain do we?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:07 am
Delithraldur
Chemical_Kitten
WellzY
Chemical_Kitten

Guamindang?

Sorry. xd

Hehe, you move xd

OMGWTF?! I sorta understand that eek
*clap clap* heart

WellzY
Chemical_Kitten
Hehe, you move xd

That still just sounds like stoichiometry, but as you said it can be in a situation where all you're given is the concentrations. Do you also need to take restricting products into account? Because then that would just become even eviller.

Well, if dad had had his way, we would've moved up to Queensland long ago (he loves the warmer, hot weather) but mum wouldn't have it, so we're still here.
It's really annoying... We have to work it out through multiple elementary steps with intermediates (a product of one elementrary step which is used as a product in the next) and it's so stupidly confusing... I don't even remember them teaching us this stuff... crying  

Chemical_Kitten

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:10 am
Chemical_Kitten
It's really annoying... We have to work it out through multiple elementary steps with intermediates (a product of one elementrary step which is used as a product in the next) and it's so stupidly confusing... I don't even remember them teaching us this stuff... crying

Maybe they havn't, and the practice exam is from an older year when it was taught. Ask the lecturer to make sure there aren't any irrelivant questions.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:14 am
WellzY
Chemical_Kitten

Maybe they havn't, and the practice exam is from an older year when it was taught. Ask the lecturer to make sure there aren't any irrelivant questions.
The exam is tomorrow... crying

I think I understand it now, it isn't actually that hard when you get your head around it 3nodding .  

Chemical_Kitten

Delithraldur

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:17 am
Chemical_Kitten
WellzY
Chemical_Kitten

The exam is tomorrow... crying

I think I understand it now, it isn't actually that hard when you get your head around it 3nodding .
Just don't stress yourself out on it. neutral  
The Official Australian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces