Yay!
  No way!
  Eh......
View Results

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:08 am
Dragonfire_Goddess
Corpse_Bride_131
hey! no religion bashing! there are threads for that!!! GET OUT!!!!!

Actually, I was posting my opinion. It happens to be different from yours. You're going to meet millions of people who disagree with you on one point or another, and since I didn't insult you directly or express my opinion in a forceful or nasty way, I believe I'm within my rights.

Ok, I am stepping into this as a mod. As this is about religion I guess I'll need to step carefully as people get so touchy so quickly.

I guess it would be best to state that no, I'm not Christian, not am I affiliated with any other religion or belief system. I'm not Athest either. Now, to avoid accusations of being biased (non-believer, must be against, as so many people seem to associate) I shall say this: I do believe that people are entitled to follow whichever faith they believe is true to them, no matter what it is, so long as it speaks to them and is not a hate-based faith sytem. Ok. Do I have that laid down now? Good.

Ok, Dragonfire_Goddess was stating her opinion, nothing blatantly anti-Christian and the way she feels about when someone is converted to a religion. It may not be supporting your stance, but that does not mean that you should object about it, if someone started a thread about their religion there would be people stating that they find Christianity their belief system, how would you react if someone said to you that you weren't allowed to state your beliefs because it doesn't support the thread's topic?

Now, any reactins to my post or anything else on this will not be posted in this thread, pm it to me or another mod if you have problems. There have been too many threads discending into petty fighting because people don't respect each other enough to see each other's opinions as foibles of humanity.

And congratulations to Livia for finding a religion that you believe in deeply, I hope it leads you to a peaceful and happy life. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:13 pm
Oh boy. Okay. I was not trying to be mean, and I do realize that this is someone's opinion. I was just hoping that people would be nice. My comment was not directly to Dragonfire_Goddess, it was directed to her and people who were starting to start something with her. I really didn't want people to fight or be mean, I was trying to make a point. That point would be, try to see other people's view's on things as well as your own, and, just be nice.

P.S. Very sorry bout that! I really didn't want to be mean. It kinda came out that way though. cry  

Corpse_Bride_131

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:02 pm
I can understand it being assumed that it was religion bashing though.

Think of the funadmentals of Christianity:

good vs. evil

And then to have someone call Christianity when you're a follower, that's pretty much the equivalent of basing in the eyes of the Christian in the situation.

I'm not saying that it was called for to yell and tell someone to get out.

But I can understand where Corpse_Bride_131 is coming from.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:18 pm
I remember when I first got saved, I didn't feel any different, but after my grandfather passed away I felt it. I couldn't have made it through his death without God in my life. I recently graduated Descipleship class at m church, and now I can start my own ministry, I can save people from the grasp pf the devil and lead them into cleansing their souls of sin. And it's a great feeling to beable to know that through God you were able to change someones life for the better. I read your whole paragraph, and I would like to tell you that I may not know you, but I'm proud of you, But don't just get hyped up on it and them let it slip away. Keep the faith, even in the worst of times, keep the faith.  

Elli go BOOM

Wheezing Saint

2,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Battle: Cleric 100

perrenthezombie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:54 pm
This is why Christianity scares me. eek  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:36 pm
Thanks.  

Corpse_Bride_131

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:49 pm
Krypta9
This is why Christianity scares me. eek

What is "this"?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:23 am
actually, god is my only escape from the s**t i live through every day....he's the only one that listens to my problems, becasue every one else is reluctant to....and the wierd thing is, whenever i look for his answers, i usually find them.

god is a feeling unlike anything else you can experience, even love.....god IS stronger than love.

heeheeman

Choboxer

5,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:43 am
stare thers this thing called paragraphs, im not sure if its a new concept but its acheived by using the [enter] key  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:28 pm
Thanks for the heads up. stare  

Corpse_Bride_131

UraniumMonk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:38 am
People like that piss me off, with their “sins” and “forgiveness” and whatnot. It seems so contrived to me: a person telling others to ask forgiveness from a dead man for things that they did that a book says they shouldn't have done.

My opinion: ask forgiveness from yourself, when you do things you say you shouldn't have.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:09 am
i went to the vinerd one time with my mum and sister and i did the same.this place is like open to everyone and they have christain bands play. anyways when they were singing people were raiseing their hands up. i didn't do it because...i was shy to do it. but i did start crying not that much on the outside but alot in the inside. they do have church but durning things the band would play. it was they frist time i was in there....maybe i want to not be christain because of my baka church...i hate my church and they people in it. i want to become wiccan and maybe it's because my parents keep sending me back to that retard polish national cathical church of mine....i don't know.T-T  

[xluvbugx]

Corpse_Bride_131

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:53 pm
I am still very against the Catholic religion. They just aren't very accepting to people who are different. And they don't like gay people, and that's just mean.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:35 pm
Spiritual awakenings are nice. mrgreen Congrats.  

TheWitchGotRobin

Corpse_Bride_131

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:44 pm
Thanks!!! xd OH, all you people are so nice! whee  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items