Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:59 pm
Lady Detarra
The way I view lables is this: the world is going to lable you get over it. You cant stop it so just embrace it and love it. I love being labled Goth. I'm proud to be Goth. I think its one of the best lables out there. Its just a waist of breath to try and fight it so I expect it and live it to the fullest.

Aside from the spelling of 'girl' I like this blinkie.

User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:22 am
spooky_sez
Lady Detarra
The way I view lables is this: the world is going to lable you get over it. You cant stop it so just embrace it and love it. I love being labled Goth. I'm proud to be Goth. I think its one of the best lables out there. Its just a waist of breath to try and fight it so I expect it and live it to the fullest.

Aside from the spelling of 'girl' I like this blinkie.

User Image

Ha love your little blinkie things xp  

Lady Detarra

chinagrl777

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:25 am
MortSanglant
GilAskan
There's nothing wrong with labels so long as they're used correctly. Language in itself is just a series of labels; labelling a sound to a particular idea or object. "Apple" is a label we give to a certain fruit. "Fruit" is a label we give to a classification of plant. "Plant" is a label we give to organisms which draw energy from the sun. Et' cetera.

Labels are powerful and important. Without labels, our society could not function socially. Without labels, (musically in this example) Eminem wouldn't be rap and Led Zepplin wouldn't be rock; they'd be the same thing, "music".

Social labels (such as goth) are important, and there's nothing wrong with using them if they're used correctly.

Dictionary.com
goth
n.
1. A style of rock music that often evokes bleak, lugubrious imagery.
2. A performer or follower of this style of music.

If I'm a follower of goth-rock, calling me a goth IS NOT wrong.

To conclude (in summary), labels are not wrong. Labels are only wrong when used incorrectly.

Well put, Mr. Gil.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:25 am
you're wrong.

emo is only a genre of music.

Try this:

"you're so emo."
Is exactly like saying:
"You're so genre of music."

get over yourselves.

xX(~homicidal_muffin~)Xx

5,925 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

xX(~homicidal_muffin~)Xx

5,925 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:27 am
My favourite color is mailbox.

I have ben called goth, and emo.

What about rynn?

i have a name.

"hay, you thar! yeah, the emo one!"

neutral

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:27 pm
If being goth is so pathetic,
then leave,
b***h.
whee

inuyashas_lilgirl

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:26 pm
xX(~homicidal_muffin~)Xx
you're wrong.

emo is only a genre of music.

Try this:

"you're so emo."
Is exactly like saying:
"You're so genre of music."

get over yourselves.

I generally prescribe to that belief as well, though, emo can also refer to the following surrounding the emotive hardcore music scene.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:39 am
inuyashas_lilgirl
If being goth is so pathetic,
then leave,
b***h.
whee

The b***h part can be left out, I think. That is just a bit too much.

I don't mind people calling me a goth but I get offended by people who say I not goth when they don't know me. Yes, I wear a lot of black in a stereotypical way. I don't look like their vision of a goth. But that is what makes me an individual(not an everyday goth/person). It is not only the clothes, the only part they see of me(my long black goth skirt, black shirt, leather coat and platform boots). It is the style of music I have always loved and my life in total for me, something people can't judge about when they don't know me. They don't even know the difference between emo and goth!  

Disease of the Flesh

Alice_K8

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:46 am
GilAskan
There's nothing wrong with labels so long as they're used correctly. Language in itself is just a series of labels; labelling a sound to a particular idea or object. "Apple" is a label we give to a certain fruit. "Fruit" is a label we give to a classification of plant. "Plant" is a label we give to organisms which draw energy from the sun. Et' cetera.

Labels are powerful and important. Without labels, our society could not function socially. Without labels, (musically in this example) Eminem wouldn't be rap and Led Zepplin wouldn't be rock; they'd be the same thing, "music".

Social labels (such as goth) are important, and there's nothing wrong with using them if they're used correctly.

Dictionary.com
goth
n.
1. A style of rock music that often evokes bleak, lugubrious imagery.
2. A performer or follower of this style of music.

If I'm a follower of goth-rock, calling me a goth IS NOT wrong.

To conclude (in summary), labels are not wrong. Labels are only wrong when used incorrectly.

I agree. Colors are also only labels we use for light of certain wavelengths. And If I'm called a goth, I don't mind. But If I'm called an emo I DO mind. Well, I don't mind so much, I don't get personnally offended, but I do wish people wouldn't confuse goth and emo. sad  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:41 am
Hasn't anyone ACTUALLY noticed AT ALL that the original creator OF THIS THREAD THAT WE ARE MEANT TO BE POSTING TOO has NOT EVEN REPLIED ONCE TO YOUR POSTS?? scream

Sorry. It just bothers me. When someone makes a thread making a statement, and is either ignorant as to read the other person's veiws or has been defeated but hasn't said, it just agitates me to no end!!!!

stressed

...but meh, that posts that Mr. Gil made out was perfect! ^__^

NikiPaprika

2,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Hel Daughter of Loki

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:02 pm
of course Goth is a lable! but so the hell what? your taking yourself too seriously if's really bugging you that much. For god's sake, just lean back, smile and scare the little children... you'll feel better after you do.

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff