Driver ed?
  Love it.
  Loathe it...
  HHmmm.. that's a tough one.
View Results

the_weird_1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:14 pm
Ozumou
Why did it stop and what did people think of it?

My school had it too for awhile. A teacher actually volunteered his own car and his time for those who wanted to do it. But it all stopped when there wasn't enough interest in it.

I think that it's a great idea to teach driving in schools, though I do think that a certified instructor needs to do the teaching and not another teacher.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:02 am
You take a mortal man.

We do have it at my school.

And put him in control.

Atomic Sky

babalonsatene

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:32 pm
Definitely, Year 10 would be good to start.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:01 pm
you people make everything legal and take the fun away from life  

nrasjaa

schpleek

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:57 am
My school just gave handbooks out about how to drive, how to go through the stages etc. But on the other hand they strongly discouraged us from learning to drive until after we'd gotten out of highschool. Guess they wanted us to focus on our education, but learning to drive is important too.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:54 am
I dont think that we have enough Driver Ed in schools since more and more people are getting into cars and driving like idiots and therefore killing people. If there was more Driver Ed then hopefully more people will realise that they are driving leathal weapons.  

Ragan61

Kireshai

Magnetic Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:04 am
Driver ed in schools is a stupid idea. We have little enough time to cover the curriculum as is. Let's not take up more time with lessons that we can learn independently.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:48 am
I wouldn't have minded having drivers ed in school. I've been slack and only just learning now. I got my permit about five months ago. I'm 20, and the only reason I decided to go now is to say I have a licence before I'm 21.  

goddess_tyche

kixsy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:53 pm
i think its a good idea i know alot of people who havent got their licence because they didnt get their P's before they finished school and so when they moved away from friends and family to go to uni they had no one to help them get it lol  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:44 am
I really like the idea of DE in schools. It'd be especially good for people whose parents tend to be too busy to give lessons themselves as well or take their kids inn for lessons and such =3  

b r a x t a s t i c

kixsy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:52 am
A friend of mine spent thousands of dollars on a driving instructor and he didnt even help all that much  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:03 am
kixsy
A friend of mine spent thousands of dollars on a driving instructor and he didnt even help all that much

Yup, me too!
On a similar subject:
RACT was the biggest offender on not bothering to sign my log book. I would put it in their hands with a pen, I'd see them writing and assume a signature went on the page. A signature is important, it validates the hours! When I read it later I found that my hours were not validated by a signature. I took it to RACT (and somethimes other independents) to demand a signature, they told me it was to prevent me from going for my Provisional License until I was up to scratch, I told them if I have the 50 hours minimum (tasmania) then it was up to me to book and fail as many P driving tests as I wanted! Then they told me I had to leave my book becasue my instructor wasn't in, so I did, ad came back a week later and found it hadn't been signed, still. So an offical complaint was made to the office and I left. When I do this to independents I found that they can't really afford me to waste their time like this, if they refused to let me approach their house I'd book an hour and then when it was my appointment I just handed the book and said sign, and cancelled further lessons and refused payment.

Anyone else taken advantage by instructors?  

the_weird_1

kixsy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:10 pm
No but my instructor did refuse to take me through the test saying I would fail it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:19 pm
Sounds like a really good idea in theory, but might be a little difficult to pull off in practise.  

Kats Scratches

kixsy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:10 am
Guess it will take a bit of time to get it right but I think it could work  
The Official Australian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items