Reply ~ Main Forum ~
clothes from non-goth stores? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Elle Razor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:30 pm
I shop a lot at Value Village/Salvation Army stores. You can find a lot of good stuff in those places for cheap.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:26 pm
-Panty.Waste-
I don't usually wear goth clothes.

Same here. I usually go with the skater "look".

Clash of Vision
I said it in another thread, but I'll briefly state it again: the clothes don't make someone gothic, it's the inner spark. That's my opinion. domokun

Agreed.  

Love.Your.Hate.

Dragonfire Goddess

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:36 pm
Well let's see, I shop at...
Wal-Mart
Target
Goodwill
Local consignment/salvage stores
Online/ebay
And I make my own clothes.
I get compliments all the time on my outfits, and I feel much better wearing 'personalized' stuff (since I 'modify' most of the stuff I buy). The closest I have ever come to shopping at a 'goth' store was Hot Topic once...and I didn't even buy anything because the prices were so steep. My look I would say is closest to historical/vampire goth with a touch of rocker goth thrown in if I'm feeling casual. It's my own personalized style and when I put together a real kickass outfit I feel great in it, as opposed to looking exactly like every other goon that could have jumped right out of 'Get the Look' (That's the HT fashion guide thingy for people who didn't know)  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:06 am
I almost exclusively shop at Value Village because it's cheap. And you never know what you will get because they are used clothes so you get an endless variety.  

Alice_K8

Freedom Fire

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:21 am
I sometimes shop at stores like Claire's and Icing. Some of the "goth" or "punk" stuff isn't really that great and sort of stereotypical, but I have managed to find some really cool accessories in there. I got my favorite black lace gloves at Icing.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:26 pm
I'm really rather picky when it comes to clothing.
I have difficulties grasping the concept of "casual" clothing.
So basically, I go allout velvet/satin/flowieflowie 24/7.
luckily there's a wide selection of domestic internet stores around here...  

Athiel

DreamerSpirit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:25 pm
I shop mainly at non-gothy stores, seeing as the only stores which I know of that carry primarialy gothic attire are either two hours away or have converted a vast majorityb of thier clothing line to things more mainstream looks.

However, I get by, and I get by quite well at that! Here's a list of my favorite places to buy clothing:

-Lane Bryant (though most of thier clothing is too large for me...)

-Thrift Shops

-Consingment Shops

-JC Penny

-Kohl's

-eBay/other websites

-The Fabric Store (I love sewing, and some historical/costume patterns are gorgeous!)  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:14 am
It's too hard nowadays to get good clothes from good goth stores, I only know of one anywhere near where I live, and it's so expensive I'd have to sell my soul to buy anything. I reckon op shops are the best places to buy stuff, or making clothes yourself. It's really annoying that there aren't any good goth stores in Australia though, they're either really crap or really expensive.  

blacktutu

Omega_Dragoon_Wolff

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:29 pm
I'm usually low on cash so I shop (Thats when I do) at Target and K-mart, The ocasinal stroll into Gap, Kohls or the thrift. Places where I can get stuff for cheap.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:46 pm
All the specialty stores are down-town or very hard to find, so I manage to get everything I need at pretty much any store. I found a lovely sweater with a faded print of the Taj Mahal (where an Indian king's wife is burried) and gold fish on either side of the picture. The print is entirely gray. Its more just the outlines of the Taj Mahal actually. My mom wont let me dress in the way I want so I have a limited choice selection (until I'm 1 cool , but you can still tell what I am for the most part.  

Henneth Annun
Captain

xX x0mbie Xx

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:35 pm
-value village
-black market
-wal mart
-guess
-H&M
-any thrift store
-le chateau
-stiches
-urban planet
-old navy
-any store really you just have to look and know what goes with what.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:26 am
There ar e a few places I refuse to shop at because of labor practices.
Gap, Guess, Nike, Express, and I can't think of the others right now, I don't shop at.

yes, all of them have bad practices, but Gap and Nike from what I found out, have been especially cruel. Express is owned by gues? gap from what I understand as well as a few other stores.

And express tends to be expensive. Wet seal is good, They are cheap, forever 21 sometimes, Hot topic sometimes, Nordstroms, sometimes online stuff, thrift stores especially, and Chartlotte Ruse.  

Alliecat

6shattered6chandelier6

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:06 am
I always forget the name of the store, but it's basically two minutes away from Hot Topic at the mall I go to. It has lots of red/black/white striped clothing, and my father/aunts/uncles won't bother me about being in there.

And Super-Target. If I could, I would live at Super-Target.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:07 am
You know, I've never seen a Hot Topic in my life. It sounds to be popular among goths, although it never sounded that gothy. To be honest, there ain't much where I live to shop gothy. Stupid stores. A lot of them suck...  

littlewonder

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:39 pm
Some really good items can be found in what some may think would be the most unlikely of places...
for example, I got a duster coat from a western-themed store  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces