Gothic Beauty magazine Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Freedom Fire

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:51 am
happy_dragon93
hmmm... never heard of it before. but i would never step foot in a mall. i get clastrophobic

I was claustrophobic in the Hot Topic I bought the magazine in. That had to have been the smallest HT I'd ever been in.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:29 pm
Hhmm, I absolutely adore this magazine, though I have to agree about the fasion. Some of the fashion is way over the top, but it gives some interesting ideas and whatnot, which I really enjoy.

I've found some good music in there as well.

Exquisite Cadavre

1,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Paula with Love

OG Member

6,700 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • 1 Win 50
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:43 pm
*sigh* stare I wish there is a magazine like this in Europe...  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:33 am
if you live in new york theres a place in the city where you can buy the lolita bible,though not in english. i know this because my friend showed me one which Mana was posing in mens clothing posing as a boy as a gurl that is acually a guy. how avante-garde! anyways,it was beautiful,but unfortunately i dont read japanese and there really weren't any articles to speak of in that issue. its really disappointing.  

Ravisher Santinka

WeissVicious

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:10 pm
a goth beuty magazine? now the beauty-cosmetics/fashion corporations are gonna eat this stuff up. It kinda annoys me.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:21 pm
I've been a fan of this magazine for a long time.
However, people do tend to judge gothic fashion harshly. It's not what it implies at all. There's no style that's "in" or "out".
The thing with gothic fashion is turning everything around that is "pretty", or "normal" and redefining it, quoting: "finding beauty in the bizzare, the strange, the unusual, the darker elements". And this doesn't mean just putting a band tee on and a few arm warmers, this means taking the time to fabricate your body into a canvas. Bring out what you feel inside and let the world see it.
And why can't we? What's so different from the artist using paper? Or the writer using words? It all takes effort and developed skill.
This magazine also promotes all of the small businesses and artists out there (because of the number of adds).

TheVampireLirel

IRL Vampire

melancholymolly

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:00 pm
When I went to the mall and I was in Hot Topic I saw it there but I didn't get a chance to look at it becausee my mom had already finished buying my stuff so we had to leave.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:40 am
Fleur de Narciss
if you live in new york theres a place in the city where you can buy the lolita bible,though not in english. i know this because my friend showed me one which Mana was posing in mens clothing posing as a boy as a gurl that is acually a guy. how avante-garde! anyways,it was beautiful,but unfortunately i dont read japanese and there really weren't any articles to speak of in that issue. its really disappointing.

I'll make a note of this as a good reason to stop by New York some day. mrgreen  

TheWitchGotRobin

TheVampireLirel

IRL Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:00 pm
Fleur de Narciss

Was it a bookstore?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:41 pm
iii think i like...idk ill check it out  

This Emo Bleeds Black

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items