Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
Just a Warning Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iori_lamia

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:57 pm
botting, bad  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:58 pm
and damn that worthless annoying mail is irritating lol  

iori_lamia

iori_lamia

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:07 am
u guys..im scared..i got s random PM with this girl, about her wearing diapers? and there werepics?
im frekain gout, what the hell  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:07 am
gotta love today's announcement about JERKS rofl
leaves the scammers in no doubt of the Admin's opinion of them blaugh  

Poppetta

iori_lamia

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:39 am
i love it XD
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beware of PHONY ADMINS!
We've seen lots of reports lately of people being scammed by jerks pretending to be mods, admins or NPCs. In order to help you determine who is an admin and who is just a jerk, we have compiled this handy reference guide:

Mods, Admins and NPCs...

Have their usernames tinted in purple, green, teal, red or orange.

Will NEVER EVER ask you for your password.

Will not send you PMs asking if you want to beta-test the Battle System or any other feature!

May have [NPC] in front of their name, but never anything else like "[MOD]."

Aren't jerks! Except maybe Ron Bruise...

Jerks...

Do not have purple, green, teal, red or orange usernames.

Will ask you for your password so they can hack you!

Will tell you that you will get gold for clicking on mysterious links (they are lying).

Will try to trick you by having phony names like "MOD BANNING BOT" or something. The only automated accounts that will PM you are the "admin" account and "[NPC]" accounts with red usernames. And they will NEVER ask for your password!

Will add things like "[MOD]" and "[NCP]" (notice that it is nCp instead of nPc) in front of their names to try to trick you! Some people use [NCP] as a roleplaying thing; those people aren't necessarily jerks. But if they ask for your password, REPORT 'EM!

Are JERKS!

If anyone ever asks for your password in a PM, even if they seem to have a reasonable story and you're totally convinced that they're a mod (hint: they're not a mod if they ask for your password!), report the PM right away so we can ban the heck out of the jerk who sent it to you!

If this all sounds too complicated, just remember this: don't ever give anybody your password for any reason! There is absolutely no reason that a real mod or admin will ever, ever need to ask for your password!

Beware of buying Gaia gold or items for real money!

The following section doesn't apply to Monthly Collectibles, Gift Credits, or anything else sold officially on gaiaonline.com; it only applies to items bought on third-party sites or auction sites.

Paying real money for Gaia gold or items is against our Terms of Service and is a total waste of money. The gold and items being sold on the internet are botted or hacked, which means that people who buy them will get in trouble!

Here is a timeline of what will happen when someone buys Gaia gold or items with real money:

[1] A Gaian pays some jerk on the internet for Gaia Gold or a rare item.
[2] The jerk takes the Gaian's money.
[3] We catch the jerk botting or hacking (we always catch 'em).
[4] The jerk gets banned!
[5] We check the jerk's trade history and see that he sent a Gaian a large amount of gold or a rare item.
[6] We ban the Gaian for profiting from botting/hacking! Ouch!
[7] The Gaian is sad because he wasted a bunch of money just to get banned! Alas!  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:29 am
I never understood how they caught Botters.  

Funkyblueeyes

iori_lamia

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:12 am
well, if theres a strange-ness going on in your page like..
sonstant refreshing (im guessing since htye can trakc your IP, they know what your comp is doing?0
so yeah..
or growing gold rapidly wihout trades or selling  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:34 am
Yeah I always figured that if you made too much cash in one day they'd check you out = But even that's a little odd.  

Funkyblueeyes

iori_lamia

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:56 am
i think..the most i mad ein one day, wihout selling stuff XD, is like..
5k?
or 6
and iwhout donation help xD  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:14 am
Funkyblueeyes
Yeah I always figured that if you made too much cash in one day they'd check you out = But even that's a little odd.
Not odd, just the best way to keep track of things. Now if they'd just stop banning people who end up with botted gold on accident. Like those poor people who deal with the marketplace. ;-; Or the ones on a quest that receive a large donation.  

Enelya Anarion

Omnipresent Strawberry

9,650 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Flatterer 200

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:31 am
Last I checked the admins said the market place was safe. I am not quite sure how they have managed that, but... *shrugs* Large donations are something that you should always check out before you agree to them. Make sure the person sending it to you is trusted, or just check their post count and avi. If someone in n00b clothing or with 100 posts sends you 50k, I would pm an admin asking if it is legal.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:15 pm
could be mule..?  

iori_lamia

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:09 pm
Mules, maybe. But I'd still check into it. There's no reason not to play it safe when you could potentially be banned.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:57 pm
sweatdrop ysh  

iori_lamia

Funkyblueeyes

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:23 pm
Enelya Anarion
Funkyblueeyes
Not odd, just the best way to keep track of things. Now if they'd just stop banning people who end up with botted gold on accident. Like those poor people who deal with the marketplace. ;-; Or the ones on a quest that receive a large donation.

Yeah that's kinda dumb. How can any of us feel safe buying something pricey from the marketplace, or accepting a gift from someone?  
Resources & Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff