Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Canadian Revoloution?!? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How do you feel about Canada?
  I love it.
  I'm ambivalent.
  I despise it.
  It's okay...
View Results

[ Pyrite ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:49 pm
[x]
Mammon, I'm an arts student. I don't spend my school days modifying genes and finding cures for cancer like you - I paint pictures. Words like "carcinogens" and "tracheotomy" make me have to use dictionary.com. Don't make me stab you in the eye with my paintbrush, or some other equally painful-when-stabbed-into-you medium.

Finding something that will punch loud obnoxious children in the jaw is now my Christmas wish. It's like that Dane Cook sketch were he talks about nosies that make you want to punch babies; ah, it makes me wipe away a tear of happiness at the thought.

You did -not- just call us Beach Bums, most of the time us British Columbians are far too stoned to leave the house for anything other than munchies at Tim Hortons. Shows what you know.

You know what? I don't like how Albertans get to drive at age fourteen. I don't care that your dad has to look after the farm while you run to the general store for milk. Never mind the fact that you are going to get milk when your dad owns a farm, it's wrong for reasons other than that.

~
Pyrite
[x]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:59 pm
Indeed it is wrong for reasons other than that; like the fact that he only sends us out for beer. Because, as everyone in Alberta knows, milk does a body good, but beer does a body better. In fact, in Alberta the women lactate beer eliminating the need for milk all together.

Cereal? Designed for submersion in beer in Alberta; hence our Pretzel-Os instead of Cheerios.

Baking? If it can't be beer-battered we don't eat it.

Ice cream? Get out of your diapers and try a Beersicle.

But let's end this Provincial feud; instead let's get drunk and stoned and wake up sometime in the new year with a lot of fuzzy memories and "I can't believe we..." regrets.  

[Mammon]

[ Pyrite ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:14 pm
[x]
This could very well be one of the fundamental reasons we B.C.-ians dislike your kind so much:

Beer tastes like crushed assholes.

It's like, you're our brother province (note for un-educated Americans: "provinces" are the Canadian equivalent of your "states" only about five times as big and much more practical. Oops, I spoke good of Canada again, put your earmuffs on if you can't deal with my horribly blatant nationalism.) only you're that brother everyone stays away from at family functions because he advocates bestiality. Yes, I'm considering liking beer akin to liking bestiality, but lets not get caught up in the details.

What, you don't have a close family member that advocates bestiality? Boy, are you missing out. Once the good-tasting alcohol starts flowing your boring great-grandmas 88th birthday party does a miraculous transformation, let me tell you.

~
Pyrite
[x]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:25 pm
Beer tastes like crushed assholes... Well I've never tasted that in order to compare it to beer, but if you say so then... Hmmm, maybe those aren't our women's nipples after all.

Well, Pyrite, just as the crazy brother's advocation of bestiality is usually a sign that it's time to draw the party to a close I think this is a sign that we should bring our little battle of the posts to a cease-fire, at least for tonight. Besides, I've got a hot date with an attractive farm animal that I need to keep.

Goodnight, Pyrite, and enjoy many a drug induced dream.

Your Crazy Canuck brother,

Mammon.  

[Mammon]

[ Pyrite ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:30 pm
[x]
Yeah, I guess you're right. Thanks for the posts Mammon, you crazy Albertan b*****d. Hopefully we got to shed a little light on Canada and it's people, namely: how much we like to make fun of each other. Though not as much as we like to make fun of the current American president.

Thread hijack complete, back to your lives citizens.

Edit: Oh my god, stay away from the sheep in my signature - I meant what I said about my paintbrush you sicko.

~
Pyrite
[x]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:34 pm
*Whistles innocently while carrying a six-pack of beer (that's Canadian beer, so I think it converts to 117 American beers) out to the pasture.*  

[Mammon]

snazy-a-tastic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:16 am
Brilliant! *is from Ontario*  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:30 am
[ Pyrite ]
[x]
Canada was part of the allies in world war two, here’s a hint, it’s a world war – everyone takes a side. It’s common knowledge Canada became a country without violence.

Though not as much as we like to make fun of the current American president.

~
Pyrite
[x]

Technically, no. For one, I never knew that Canada became A country without violence, but then it doesn't have a lot to do with our culture. As for the World War thing. No, not everyone takes a side. Most countries just don't care. (Technically thats not true... the just don't want to get involved.)

As for the last bit, so do we! But then most of us hate him... not the Australians though, John Howard does everything he says.  

Smoozle

Generous Millionaire

7,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Megathread 100

Virgil Lifeson

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:43 pm
You Ontario-ans...you guys are acutally the most pround, american-like, and stuck-up Canadians I have the misfortune to live near...

Why can't I go back home to the maritimes...besides Quebec?

(I pronounce it TURD not "Third", and eating french fries with chesse, makes sense mon ami!)  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:15 pm
Eikre_Vrael_DarNell
You Ontario-ans...you guys are acutally the most pround, american-like, and stuck-up Canadians I have the misfortune to live near...

Why can't I go back home to the maritimes...besides Quebec?

(I pronounce it TURD not "Third", and eating french fries with chesse, makes sense mon ami!)

[x]
Yeah, this wasn't unprevoked, random and competly out of place. Nooo, not at all.

Edit: I see you've been on Gaia for all of six days, that explains it - disregard my post.

~Pyrite
[x]

[ Pyrite ]

[Mammon]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:34 pm
[ Pyrite ]

[x]
Yeah, this wasn't unprovoked, random and competely out of place. Nooo, not at all.

Edit: I see you've been on Gaia for all of six days, that explains it - disregard my post.

~Pyrite
[x]

Are you saying that you don't like things that are unprovoked, random and completely out of place? But my whole life has been unprovoked, random and completely out of place. You know that saying, "I guess you were just in the wrong place at the wrong time"? Well that's what my biography will be called when someone finally writes it. Don't worry, it will be written by someone; in fact, I've given him the money to do it already.

Then again... He phoned me up and said he would, but I haven't heard anything from him since. Hmm, maybe it wasn't such a good idea to give someone phoning me and telling me they were going to write my autobiography my credit card number. Heh, good thing it wasn't my credit card. I'm sorry Steve Zimmerman, whoever you are.

Actually, it will probably be called, "Wrong place. Wrong time." to save money and to save space on the cover so that they can have more of the picture of some handsome guy who is not me. Or maybe it will just be called, "That piece of crap in the discount bin over there". Only time will tell.  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff