Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
in the view of goths and drugs..... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

EvFaerAshlynn

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:20 pm
I generally don't like drugs. stare  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:19 pm
I barely ever drink, and I do not do other drugs. The worst I do is smoke.

In my experience, it's all bad. Yes people can still function when they are high, but they become dependent on it, which is bad. >_>

wahmbulance  

VividGreenDawn

xdemonicallyxyours13x

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:44 pm
I like my drugs and alcohol... alot but thats just who i am and how i was raised... I am also a smoker of the tobbacco  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:17 pm
Argetlam13
I used to be real bad with them, but I've cleaned up. It's so much better now. I can breathe again, I can run(somewhat), I can play(trumpet) better than I ever have before. I can think straight again. I don't steal anymore. It's great...

Dude, I've grown up in a constant haze of marijuana smoke thanks to certain members of my family, and I used to go through half a pack a day, yet at that period of time in my life, I could run 4 miles consecutively in less than 25 minutes. I have a 6-minute mile, and when singing I can hold a note for about 20-odd seconds.

I know meth users who are more fit than I am.

I don't get this "if I smoke I can't run as fast and I run out of breath easily". I don't even have a smoker's cough.

-Isel-

xdemonicallyxyours13x

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:40 pm
its odd eh? I'm not that out of shape but i do enjoi drugs (mostly homegrown i must add - i stay away from chemicals [had bad experiences with them myself i don't like rehab]).  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:30 pm
Dead_Ed
Haven't done drugs, and thankfully haven't been offered any.

But I don't know why people sometimes connect goths with drugs...

You speak for me.

I'm straightedge. I'm getting moved to a school that supposedly had a lot of ghetto kids and drugs in it. (sorry for stereotyping the "ghetto" thing.) I live near it and I've seen maybe...two. Two goths. And one punk guy, thats it. So when I go there I'm gonning to draw big black X's on my hands so everyone gets the message (if they know what it is at all)  

Henneth Annun
Captain

xX x0mbie Xx

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:31 pm
i finally stopped le drugs in the summer after a bad k trip and weed i stopped before that when i found out it was laced with heroin O_____O i swear i never looked at it ever again, and everything else i grew out of, and smoking i stopped for severe fear of lung cancer >_< and i still drink occasionally.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:42 pm
as someone who used to be a hardcore drug user.....i'm pretty agianst drugs...they just take too many good things out of your life...and i refuse to ever give my life over to a chemical or plant ever agian...
no matter how hard the temptation is...

now alcohol and non-cigarette tobacco are diffrent...they are drugs that aren't hard to walk away from if your careful..they can be servants instead of masters  

ketchakik

Alliecat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:23 am
Like anything- MODERATION!

Personally, Smoking (tobacco, usual crap) I find so immature for the reason that people start it or do it is to look mature. I did it for a while because my boyfriend sometimes smokes, but never found out why people do it. I would just feel dirty and have a bad taste in my mouth afterwards.

They end up smelling and just looking ugly to me. And I can't stand it when I'm at a club and a guy hits on me while blowing s**t out of his mouth. So attractive.

Pot should be legalized. Period.

As for alcohol, I like it. I am never goign tobecome drunk enough to the point where I'm puking because that is just disgusting. People who drink too much in general are gross. I think it is another maturity issue. Drinking a lot doesn't make you mature, being able to regulate yourself is.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:32 pm
Demon princess of Love
I don't think drugs are at all part of Goth. I think that there are goths who do drugs, but there are people from almost all subcultures that do drugs.

Indeed.

As a whole, goths generally stay away from drugs. Compared to virtually ever other subculture, even perhaps compared to the mainstream, fewer goths do drugs than most.  

GilAskan
Crew

littlewonder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:41 am
Yeah, drugs are definantly not goth. That's just stupid. As for me, I don't do them.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:56 am
Mostly just a lot of caffeine for me.  

UraniumMonk

Veruniel
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:23 am
I think there's a misconception in certain circles that most (or all!) goths are into drugs. I guess it stems out of the instinctive suspicion that if people look weird, they must also do weird things. But for what I've seen, drug use doesn't have anything to do with whether you're goth or not. It's a personal choice, and the subculture doesn't really pressure people one way or the other.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:41 pm
mrgreen free drugs and no smoking!!!  

Paula with Love

OG Member

6,700 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • 1 Win 50
  • Gender Swap 100

Neon~Starshine

Questionable Prophet

8,300 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:15 am
I've come to realize that there seems to be an unnaturally large percentage of straight edge goths, or at least goths that avoid drugs and drink only on rare occasions  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff