"Realistic" Evidence: Manga VS Anime Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:02 am
Captain Verd
I'm not sure exactly what this thread is about but I'm going to try to address all of the questions asked.

I think the manga is more reliable than the anime. In the fillers, Shikamaru was said to be an academy teacher without the manga ever saying so, and Mizuki... is Tony the Tiger. So I think I'd have to say manga.

I think understanding the manga is important, but I think digging too deep into it is retarded. I think trying to make up situations to make a character more likeable is retarded. Actually, there's this one chick, loves Kakashi, says he's bisexual. She thinks he's a hyooj angst bucket, trie dto kill himself, related to Jiraiya, in love with Asuma, shiny uke, all that crap. It's creepy, because it's all she ever talks/thinks about, and everyone else's Kakashi is SOOO off, because they're not having angsty buttsecks out on a mission to cry, or whatever. It's like god, just... go outside or something. eek

That said, I think it's useful to understand that it's a fictional world (so Zabuza can dodge bullets and live yhrough all that stabby, etc), but it's also fun to argue. I think if you take the arguements too seriously, and get upset enough to want to leave, then maybe you should find something else to do anyways. It's not like this is personally affecting your life, or your school, or your friends or anything. It is just a comic book, a fictional world created by some guy on the other side of the world. If you really get too flustered by what goes on here, or you can't handle people disagreeing with you, then debate forums probably aren't the best place to hang out. Despite what you think, you don't upset me. You don't get me flustered, or angry over the things you say. it's just a comic, it's just a debate, your just a high school student I don't know. If you always take things to a personal level, you're going to get an ulcer by the time you're thirty. sad

Also, what about Sues? Have you been frequenting Naruto rps? whee wink
You say it's just a comic book and we're on the third month of this. THIRD MONTH... If you weren't mad AT ALL, you wouldn't treat me like s**t. And I probably already have an ulcer. I've been very tense for the past year.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:03 am
Juuyonbi_No_Peko_=3
Shikalee
Juuyonbi_No_Peko_=3
Fillers, from my point of view, were useful, they brought us new stories, that even if they didnt followed the manga, made us laugh and amaze.
Why are fillers hated you say? I dont know, I guess the fans just dont want another story besides the manga, they hate it, and yet, they watch it because they think is gonna worth it when Naruto Shipuuden begins to be aired it's my wild guess, you can have another point of view from the fillers and I'll appreciate it.

Shika, dont let arguements get to you, they're arguements after all, nothing more, nothing less. You're going to leave something you like just because there's stupid people that dont like you and choose to insult you instead of debate with you? well, hell with them!

What has Naruto thaught you? NEVER GIVE UP XD!
And they were fun. I think I've gained a new appreciation for them, except the Shino laughing filler.
I think I hated (and still hate some) fillers because they were inconsistent. I mean, they stepped on holy, untouchable ground when they made Naruto outsmart Shikamaru. And don't even get me started with what they did to Hinata. xd Just curious, is Shipuuden the right spelling? I want to tell my spell check to shut up. xd

Yeah... but I'm sick of looking like a fool. An a**. Anyone who has been here since before Verd was a regular member knows that I was far more mild mannered and laid back. Something about her brings out the worst in me. I hate it.

Yeah. Maybe I should listen to Naruto. Shikamaru, too. He'd blow these people off...

Quote from that filler:

Naruto: ''So that thing about ''my golden whiskers (bla bla bla)'' was yours?! hahah--
Shino: ''You Will Not Say Anything''
Naruto: '' eek , umm...yeah...''

what was that episode where Naruto outsmarted Shika?
Uh. First of all, that sounds like he's outsmarting him.
But no. I actually REFUSED to watch the episode. It was rather recent. Naruto "solved" a mystery because Shikamaru was too "dense" to see it. >_>;  

Syndactyly

Captain Verd

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:04 am
Shikalee
You say it's just a comic book and we're on the third month of this. THIRD MONTH... If you weren't mad AT ALL, you wouldn't treat me like s**t. And I probably already have an ulcer. I've been very tense for the past year.
Look hun, there's this thing called cause and effect. When you go around calling someone ignorant, an asshat, and constantly PMSing, the chances of them saying something back to you are pretty high. If you don't want people to be mean to you, you shouldn't be mean to them, right? That's the karma/do unto others strategy, you know?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:05 am
Kexita
For someone like me who hasn't watched hardly any of the fillers, this is a hard subject to debate on. But I suppose I could do my best. 3nodding

The few filler episodes that I did see happened to amuse me very much. 3nodding Okay, not really filler "episodes"....more like "quick, 8 minute scenes that I managed to load on youtube after waiting for an hour on dial-up connection." They were cute, and sometimes its fun to move away from the big plot and have some fun with tinier plots. It adds some fufillment to the story me thinks.

But I can also understand why certain people didn't like them. I heard that they started showing them right after Sasuke left. I'm not sure if this is true, but if you ask me, that's a *terrible* time for filler episodes. I mean, that's kinda like a crucial, critical point in the story that allows us to move into the second half of the story. People were probably too frusterated by the fact the the plot wasn't moving on after that, to care about the fillers.

Personally, if you look at them value wise, I think the filler episodes and the actual manga plot both had their uses. The manga actually moved the plot along, and kept the fans that didn't care about the fillers satisfied. While fillers on the other hand, were humerous, and a break from the real story. Since I haven't really seen a lot, I can't say they were ALL good...but from what I've heard they weren't that bad. Maybe 100+ fillers was over-doing it...but if you didn't like it, you were always able to read the manga.
The fillers are in a time gap that technically doesn't exist. So I'm not bugged by it because it's like a big dream. xd

I've always read the manga. That's why I've hardly seen any fillers. I do only have so many hours in the day.  

Syndactyly

Captain Verd

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:06 am
Shikalee
I've always read the manga. That's why I've hardly seen any fillers. I do only have so many hours in the day.
Especially since you gotta look on youtube, or download torrents, or switch on the TV or something. It's not good enough to be worth the trouble (the animation team really makes me cry sometimes).  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:06 am
Historical
User Image

My name wasn't on your list.
cry
I'M GOING TO GO CUT MYSELF NOW! D;

Do you want to join a Narto Roleplay guild?

User Image
You weren't there because I love you so much I was embaraasszed. redface heart

No, really. I forgot. SRRY. gonk  

Syndactyly

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:07 am
churrlo
I really hope you will stay, even if differences can't be put aside gonk Surely the good in this place overrules the bad? gonk
Yeah...

HOLY CRAP I LOVE YOU TOO MR. STABBY. Your name pwns. I was kind of upset when I wrote this, so I forgot a lot of people... ;0;  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:21 am
Shikalee
Juuyonbi_No_Peko_=3
Shikalee
Juuyonbi_No_Peko_=3
Fillers, from my point of view, were useful, they brought us new stories, that even if they didnt followed the manga, made us laugh and amaze.
Why are fillers hated you say? I dont know, I guess the fans just dont want another story besides the manga, they hate it, and yet, they watch it because they think is gonna worth it when Naruto Shipuuden begins to be aired it's my wild guess, you can have another point of view from the fillers and I'll appreciate it.

Shika, dont let arguements get to you, they're arguements after all, nothing more, nothing less. You're going to leave something you like just because there's stupid people that dont like you and choose to insult you instead of debate with you? well, hell with them!

And they were fun. I think I've gained a new appreciation for them, except the Shino laughing filler.
I think I hated (and still hate some) fillers because they were inconsistent. I mean, they stepped on holy, untouchable ground when they made Naruto outsmart Shikamaru. And don't even get me started with what they did to Hinata. xd Just curious, is Shipuuden the right spelling? I want to tell my spell check to shut up. xd

Yeah... but I'm sick of looking like a fool. An a**. Anyone who has been here since before Verd was a regular member knows that I was far more mild mannered and laid back. Something about her brings out the worst in me. I hate it.

Yeah. Maybe I should listen to Naruto. Shikamaru, too. He'd blow these people off...

Quote from that filler:

Naruto: ''So that thing about ''my golden whiskers (bla bla bla)'' was yours?! hahah--

But no. I actually REFUSED to watch the episode. It was rather recent. Naruto "solved" a mystery because Shikamaru was too "dense" to see it. >_>;

wow, you hate fillers to the point you wont watch them? I mean, all of that is just invented by another person, not Kishi, so it's not a legit episode of Naruto, you shouldnt get mad at episodes made out of pure imagination  

Pekora

Mr._Stabby

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:01 pm
Shikalee
HOLY CRAP I LOVE YOU TOO MR. STABBY. Your name pwns. I was kind of upset when I wrote this, so I forgot a lot of people... ;0;

Huzzah! whee  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:08 pm
Captain Verd
Shikalee
Look hun, there's this thing called cause and effect. When you go around calling someone ignorant, an asshat, and constantly PMSing, the chances of them saying something back to you are pretty high. If you don't want people to be mean to you, you shouldn't be mean to them, right? That's the karma/do unto others strategy, you know?
No, no. Your excuse was that because I said you had Shikamaru p***s envy you started this s**t with me. And I've said about 20 times now, I was joking. YOUR freaking out was the CAUSE, the BULLSHIT was the effect.  

Syndactyly

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:09 pm
Captain Verd
Shikalee
Especially since you gotta look on youtube, or download torrents, or switch on the TV or something. It's not good enough to be worth the trouble (the animation team really makes me cry sometimes).
*sigh* I agree. I just don't want to bother organizing that mess on youtube, or subscribing to a website to watch it...  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:10 pm
Juuyonbi_No_Peko_=3
Shikalee
Juuyonbi_No_Peko_=3
Shikalee
Juuyonbi_No_Peko_=3

Quote from that filler:

wow, you hate fillers to the point you wont watch them? I mean, all of that is just invented by another person, not Kishi, so it's not a legit episode of Naruto, you shouldnt get mad at episodes made out of pure imagination
Just that one. The rest comes down to a matter that I'm too lazy to watch them. Unless someone made a list of the links of ALL the episodes in order, then I'd watch them. Starting on episode one.

I'm not mad. Well, that one sort of upset me. I wasn't angry. Just... more heartbroken than anything. XD  

Syndactyly

Captain Verd

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:30 pm
Shikalee
Captain Verd
Shikalee
No, no. Your excuse was that because I said you had Shikamaru p***s envy you started this s**t with me. And I've said about 20 times now, I was joking. YOUR freaking out was the CAUSE, the BULLSHIT was the effect.
Lolz yeah okay, saying p***s envy was the only rude thing you've said to me ever. I forgot. rofl  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:34 pm
Captain Verd
Shikalee
Captain Verd
Shikalee
Lolz yeah okay, saying p***s envy was the only rude thing you've said to me ever. I forgot. rofl

Sarcasim doesnt work well over the internet hon. And Shikalee never said that she hasnt been insulting to you. Just that you didnt take a joke and started this whole feud.  

Mist-san

Captain Verd

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:39 pm
shadowninjaofthemist
Captain Verd
Shikalee
Captain Verd
Shikalee

Sarcasim doesnt work well over the internet hon. And Shikalee never said that she hasnt been insulting to you. Just that you didnt take a joke and started this whole feud.
Oh no I was being totally serious.

And actually, it's not. If that was the only thing, I'd be cool whatev, because everybody says nasty things once in their lives. What takes away my respect for her is that she does it all the time.  
Naruto Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff