Reply ~ Main Forum ~
anarichists cookbook or satanic bible? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xAmour_Mortelx

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:20 pm
i want the satanic bible. where did you get it?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:53 am
shezmu666
i want the satanic bible. where did you get it?

You can find them just about anywhere that sells books. Borders, Barnes and Noble, Walden Books, etc.

However, it isn't worth buying. Pick it up a public library if you're that interested.  

GilAskan
Crew

Veruniel
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:27 am
Never read the Anarchists' Cookbook, so I can't speak for it.

I've read the Satanic Bible, though, and I didn't think much of it. It gave me the impression that it was being shocking for no other reason than to offend the religious beliefs of others. And I don't just include Christians in that. The self-centered worldview it advocates is pretty offensive to my own pagan sensibilities, as well as to the Jews, Muslims, Hindus and Agnostics I've talked to.

But that's not the reason I can't respect La Vey's ideas. I disrespect them because he came out and said, multiple times, that he started his Church of Satan just to make money. He's taken advantage of impressionable, disillusioned people by charging jacked-up 'membership fees.' And I find that reprehensible.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:05 am
The Anarchist Cookbook is Inacurate and False...but I like it  

Status Quo Joe

UraniumMonk

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:20 pm
I never finished reading either. The Cookbook is kinda weak—if you want to blow s**t up, check out some of the US Military field manuals on “unconventional warfare”. As far as the Satanic Bible goes, while I like his do-it-yourself egocentric approach to religion the fact that he then organized it into the Church of Satan is kinda self-defeating.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:36 am
Hmmm...I'm not much a fan of satanism...
And anarchy is stupid and wouldn't work (communism all the way...oh wait, I forgot, communism doesn't usually work in practice either cause it ends up being led by a corrupt dictator...anyway, communism is a beautiful idea anyway)

But hey, there is a cookbook attached to that anarchy...and I dooo looove cookbooks...so I choose that one XD  

Alice_K8

xx_pinkxpoison_xx

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:55 pm
I guess I'd read the Anarchists Cookbook because I already read the Satanic Bible out of curiosity. I found it in my grandfather's bookcase confused  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:59 pm
The anarchist cookbook is the Pyro Bible. =D  

Tinosku

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out