Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply ~The Rurouni Kenshin Guild~
What is the one Ruroken scene that makes you cry every time Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ruroken make you cry?
  yes T_T
  pfff i dont cry....(runs away and cries behind back)
  seriously..i dont cry
View Results

samuraichikX

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:52 pm
Elliot_Rhymeless
Well, there's one part that maked me reflective in a solemn way, almost to the point of tears, which is pretty much the entire episode when Kenshin leaves for Kyoto... There's another part that almost makes me cry, when Kenshin awakens to his will to live when learning the Amakakeru Ryu no Hirameki....

But what used to make me cry really easy was when I'd watch the last part of Remembrance's second ep.... Starting from the point where Kenshin and Saitou cross swords for the last time, and are passing by each other in slow-motion... I'd start listening to Sarah McLachlan's "Angel", and the timing works so that the chorus starts when ghost-Tomoe hugs Kenshin from behind.

if i'm thinking of the episode that you are that's not the last time they cross swords if you remember the anime, or the manga for that matter, they cross swords for one last time in the 10th year of the meiji right before kenshin leaves for kyoto  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:30 pm
The manga made me cry A LOT. If I had to pick one specific part though, it would be when Kenshin left Kaoru for Kyoto.  

sabre_sword

Elliot_Rhymeless

Nimble Pants

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:19 pm
samuraichikX
Elliot_Rhymeless
Well, there's one part that maked me reflective in a solemn way, almost to the point of tears, which is pretty much the entire episode when Kenshin leaves for Kyoto... There's another part that almost makes me cry, when Kenshin awakens to his will to live when learning the Amakakeru Ryu no Hirameki....

But what used to make me cry really easy was when I'd watch the last part of Remembrance's second ep.... Starting from the point where Kenshin and Saitou cross swords for the last time, and are passing by each other in slow-motion... I'd start listening to Sarah McLachlan's "Angel", and the timing works so that the chorus starts when ghost-Tomoe hugs Kenshin from behind.

if i'm thinking of the episode that you are that's not the last time they cross swords if you remember the anime, or the manga for that matter, they cross swords for one last time in the 10th year of the meiji right before kenshin leaves for kyoto

No, I just meant that particular fight scene during the first OVA's last episode. I was trying to describe the exact moment when I started listening to "Angel". I know full well they fight again before Kenshin leaves for Kyoto. ^^  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:17 pm
Oh boy...Ruroken has made me cry pretty hard sometimes. The first time I ever saw the ShishioxKenshin+Group fight and Kenshin was down for the count, I thought he died. ...I was shaking my t.v. crying... mad
Then of course, EVERYTIME I see Tomoe die. Both in the Manga and OVA...and like everyone else in this thread has said ; Kenshin leaving Kaoru for Kyoto/Kenshin dying in Kaoru's arms when he comes back makes me sob my heart out. ;-;
But one scene I didn't see anyone else mention was Soujirou's story, I cried like a little baby. Then when he went nuts kind of made me weep...I have a special place for Soujirou.  

K r i s t a

samuraichikX

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:04 pm
K r i s t a
Oh boy...Ruroken has made me cry pretty hard sometimes. The first time I ever saw the ShishioxKenshin+Group fight and Kenshin was down for the count, I thought he died. ...I was shaking my t.v. crying... mad
Then of course, EVERYTIME I see Tomoe die. Both in the Manga and OVA...and like everyone else in this thread has said ; Kenshin leaving Kaoru for Kyoto/Kenshin dying in Kaoru's arms when he comes back makes me sob my heart out. ;-;
But one scene I didn't see anyone else mention was Soujirou's story, I cried like a little baby. Then when he went nuts kind of made me weep...I have a special place for Soujirou.

oh my god i did the SAME EXACT thing when i thought kenshin died i was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he can't die he just can't and when sanosuke was yelling "get up kenshin!" i was like "YEAH GET UP!!" crying  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:28 pm
I think the saddest part in Reflection was when Kenshin died in Kaoru's arms. cry sad crying Nooooo!  

Lily-Hith-Silme

Loyal Gatekeeper

9,900 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Friendly 100

Silverotter107

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:38 pm
In the manga, when Kenshin tells Kaoru 'Sayonara' before he goes to Kyoto so stop Shishio. Crap, last time I read that, my throat did something reallllly strange and made a wierd sound and it hurt. It just calls for tears, and it gets it every time. Lots of 'em, too.

...So I'm unoriginal. I cried like the rest of you. It broke my heart and shattered it. Even tho I knew it wasn't the end, just that 'Sayonara'...

I know I've cried other times, but that's the one that stands out the most. I know I should have cried during the OVA... but, I didn't for some reason. I guess it just surprised me. Watsuki made everything very clear. He didn't really use symbolism, he had characters say it all. But then the OVA had all this excellent symbolism, it took a while to sink in. I knew I should have cried, but I didn't...  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:39 pm
The scene(s) in which Soujirou is struggling with the line dividing what he should think is wrong or right. Those get to me every time I watch the anime over again. I'm always sympathetic for him, and think he deserves as much love as he can get. Then there's also the scene portraying his past... Let's see, when he's lying on Yumi's lap after the battle. Eh, we can say the whole battle between Kenshin and he makes me cry. While he can depress me, he remains my favorite character and fangirl crush.

Common as this is, when Kenshin says good bye to Kaoru before running off to fight Shishio makes me cry everytime, too. I try to skip that part on the ending theme since at times it can bring tears to my eyes even then.

When in Anji's flashback the children died made me cry, too. That happens to me everytime in an anime a child dies.

Most of the Reflections OVA makes me cry, 'nuff said. >_>  

ponponpon way x2

Wild Comrade

Atomic Exotic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:28 am
I completely teared up at Monk Anjis past, Tomoes death, When Sayo died only because how Sanosuke took it and she was a pretty nice character, oh and when Soujirou past. Wow I relized I cry to much  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:27 pm
The three that never fail to bring tears to my eyes:

1. Soujiro's early life
2. Monk Anji's story about the reason he is a destroyer
3. When Kenshin leaves for Kyoto

Note: The above selections were based upon the anime, not the manga; I have only once cried reading the manga, and that was in the Jinchuu arc when I turned to the page where it shows what is supposed to be Kaoru's dead body with a sword stuck through it.  

Gunr

STRAWBERRii MUFFiN

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:57 pm
When Tomoe dies.
In the manga and OVA.
D;
It's just so sad.
She fell in love with him, and she ended up dying anyways.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:06 am
the part where fake Kalru dies, and you know its not really Kalru but it still kind feels like it its and Kenshin chains up his sword and sits in a corner. that was sad and i almost cried sorta...any way i felt sad.  

C0FFIN

[C]raving [C]haos

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:31 pm
I've never seen any OVAs (thanks for spoiling that, guys! x])
Buuut, I have cried twice in the series:

The episode that Kenchin says goodbye to Kaoru
(and it was worse when I stopped crying, went to
the next episode, and seeing the two little girls cry
made me start crying again)

And then the episode where Kenchin dies briefly.
I kept whispering, Get up, Kenchin. Get up!
And do you know what, he got up.
Behold the strength of a fan-girl's will power!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:40 pm
When Kenshin dies peacefully, when Tomoe leaves the last bit of his scar and dies, and when Kenshin left Kaoru for kyoto  

Jade Kadoa

Beloved Lunatic

9,575 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Generous 100
  • Conventioneer 300

hakubaikou

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 1:09 am
-- Ending of Trust & Betrayal - I'm always a blubbering mess after I see this
-- Kenshin leaving for Kyoto  
~The Rurouni Kenshin Guild~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]