Welcome to Gaia! ::

The FIRST Shojo Beat Guild

Back to Guilds

Come visit us at The Shojo Beat Guild and talk about everything the magazine has to offer: Manga, Artists, J-music, and more!!! 

Tags: Shojo, Beat, Magazine, Tankoban, Girls 

Reply .: On No, They Didn't!! :: Things You Don't Like About Shojo Beat :.
Topic on How Much Backstage Prince Sucks. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Backstage Prince
  Sucks
  Is okay..
  I don't read it.
  ITS AMAZING I HATE YOUU.
View Results

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:51 pm
emeraldisdead
It's getting replaced with Yumekira Dreamshoppe. You can find the summary for the first volume here: http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/IOA2veVQH-TbDO5uN6/browse/item/72983/4/0/0

And the coverart is here: http://www.simonsays.com/content/book.cfm?tab=1&pid=536827

Ah, yes. I just got my copy of the March SB yesterday, and saw that. It looks rather interesting...however, it makes me curious as to why SB seems to only be putting in short series, as YD is only one volume.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:14 pm
This is just a guess but they're probably waiting for some of their longer series to end first. It wouldn't surprise me if we see more one shot titles. They're easy to replace (six chapters or less and then it's done) and probably fairly cheap to license.  

emeraldisdead

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:50 pm
emeraldisdead
This is just a guess but they're probably waiting for some of their longer series to end first. It wouldn't surprise me if we see more one shot titles. They're easy to replace (six chapters or less and then it's done) and probably fairly cheap to license.

True...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:09 am
I think Backstage Prince was romantic even if it was too short, they should have made it longer. And Baby & Me, they should definetly replace it and put Godchild back in, or even Punch! or Ouran High School Host Club or put Millennium Snow in again, i mean even La Cord d' Oro was better than Baby & Me, i collect all the Shojo Beat novels and Baby & Me is the only one i'm not going to even try to waste money on.  

Shadow Queen Megami

writerserenyty

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:02 pm
I really like Backstage Prince. I can see the storyline faults, but I never liked/read Kaze Hikaru, so, in my mind, it was a good decision.

I prefer shorter manga, and Kaze Hikaru isn't short.

And I do read Baby and Me, but... when I'm bored. Replace it. Now.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:18 pm
Despite its faults, I do enjoy Backstage Prince... I mean, doesn't everyone have that one pointless, predictable, gushy, fluffy manga they love? xd I really don't like whatever they replaced Backstage Prince with either... it was really boring to me. Though, I have to agree with the majority... Baby & Me has got to go.  

Mira_Russ

Nana Doll

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:18 pm
What I hate the most about Backstage Prince is at the end of EVERY CHAPTER they end up making out . . . that's just too happy-ending-fairy-tailish! ! ! stressed  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:08 pm
emeraldisdead

The series coming after Yume Kira Dream Shoppe is considerably longer.  

PrinceElly
Crew

Pete At The Disco

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:30 pm
Heh, I'm a big "Back Stage Prince" fan. Yes, it repeats but it is still fun to read. XD Yes I hate "Baby And Me" one of the most horrible mangas' I have read. The one I hate more then any other manga is "Crimson Hero." WTF, you can't even tell if they are a girl or boy!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:31 pm
yesh!!!
it is not one of my favs...
all the girl talks about is how much she loves this guy..
and the guy is an a*****e!  

[memory_keeper]

darkrain015

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:48 pm
i like backstage prince..it's cute.. so her Bf is an a**.. w.e she luffs him .. thats her damage.. im just mad they stopped printin it sad  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:51 pm
and yes baby and me is the most un wanted.. pointless story line and manga ever.. it's a waste of the 20 pages..  

darkrain015

velvetshadesnow

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 11:46 am
i'm so glad they took it out.
it was so boring and it suck bad..  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 4:49 pm
im sorry but i must disagree backstage prince is a very good book i dont see how you can hate it  

ristuka-chan

Nanami.x.Yuki

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:28 am
Shadow Queen Megami
I think Backstage Prince was romantic even if it was too short, they should have made it longer. And Baby & Me, they should definetly replace it and put Godchild back in, or even Punch! or Ouran High School Host Club or put Millennium Snow in again, i mean even La Cord d' Oro was better than Baby & Me, i collect all the Shojo Beat novels and Baby & Me is the only one i'm not going to even try to waste money on.

yes i agreeeeeee! i was about ready to jump on a plane and go crazy catwoman on them when they took out Godchild!!! oh the unbearably pain~~!!! emo i luved godchild...yea i think backstage prince is ok but i really like get very exited to read it like say, nana i can never wait til the next chap, prince just dont click w/ me  
.: On No, They Didn't!! :: Things You Don't Like About Shojo Beat :.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games