Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
decorating binders Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sakurachan61123

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:47 pm
VP Club Freakin Justice
sakurachan61123
I do this to thos weird college notebook things. The black and white ones? ANYWAYS! What ya do is get a bunch of pictures you like and arrange them the way you want on the binder. glue them on and then take that really thick tape that is see through and but that over it. I'ts kinda of like elaminating it. I've decorated a couple things like that and it kinda represents you. I use things from magazines or random print outs from the net.

I actually kind of just did this for this semester. Sans the gluing part and on a regular binder.

it works wonders doesn't it?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:59 am
My favorite thing to do back in school was to get ultra flat paint (they used to have it in our art supplies, but now they sell it at home supply stores like Home Depot) used for making chalkboard surfaces. I believe it's even called "chalkboard paint" and it comes in a spray can as well as a brush on type.

We used to brush one side of the notebook with the chalkboard paint, paint a spiffy border with regular colored acrylics and then the middle section would become a chalkboard surface. You can store a chunk of chalk in the pocket and write reminders, play games, draw pictures, what have you, and just erase them like a chalkboard after you're done.

You can also do the same idea with several coats of clear acrylic spray on sealer (the glossy kind) over a light colored background, and use dry erase markers  

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

hyper_azn_girl

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:07 pm
YourAzureGoddess
My favorite thing to do back in school was to get ultra flat paint (they used to have it in our art supplies, but now they sell it at home supply stores like Home Depot) used for making chalkboard surfaces. I believe it's even called "chalkboard paint" and it comes in a spray can as well as a brush on type.

We used to brush one side of the notebook with the chalkboard paint, paint a spiffy border with regular colored acrylics and then the middle section would become a chalkboard surface. You can store a chunk of chalk in the pocket and write reminders, play games, draw pictures, what have you, and just erase them like a chalkboard after you're done.

You can also do the same idea with several coats of clear acrylic spray on sealer (the glossy kind) over a light colored background, and use dry erase markers
oooo
i like that idea
actually i think i have some chalkboard paint at home right now!  
Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff