Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

~Kira Hime~

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:46 pm
Shikalee
+Halloween Barbie+
I would disagree with the "not even loving" thing there. In one of the episodes, after Haku was killed and Zabuza went on his toothy rampage, he asked to be laid next to Haku, to take in his presence and to touch his face in an affectionate manner before he died, and said softly that he'd like to be with Haku in the other world, if I remember correctly.

I believe that's love man o.o
Oh, well, Zabuza wasn't necessarily IN LOVE. If someone killed my TOOL, my right hand man, I'd be pissed too. Doesn't mean I wanted to do him in the butt. In fact, if someone I loved died, I'd lose a lot of my strength. I do think rage is a passion, but not the same kind of passion... Plus, there's no evidence suggesting it was more than a friendship... >O<;; Your word is as good as mine; we're all just guessing.

Would you touch your right hand man's face like that before you died? I really don't think that people who aren't in love do that. Or I'm just hooked on the ZabuzaHaku relationship.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:06 pm
That seemed kinda like fatherly love to me xd Cause they seemed pretty like... family-ish xd  

churrlo

Kexita

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:43 pm
im going with churrlo. The hand touch was probably just fatherly love, or a familish type love. I don't even think Zabuza's heart is healed enough from past scars to be able to love someone.

i know if i was about to die and my friend had just died before me, i'd probably do something like that. If i had the strength, i would probably hug them and die clinging to them.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:59 pm
Eh, those two were gayer than Christmas. "I didn't want to harm your beautiful body" indeed. If you gave Haku boobs, everybody would be screaming that it's love. People are fussy because they're both guys.  

CrabappleRed

Captain Verd

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:07 pm
CrabappleRed
Eh, those two were gayer than Christmas. "I didn't want to harm your beautiful body" indeed. If you gave Haku boobs, everybody would be screaming that it's love. People are fussy because they're both guys.
Well, considering it's a boys manga, I'm gonna go ahead and assume Zabuza was straight. And since he's straight, I'm gonna go ahead and say it would be easier to fall in love with something with boobs than something without.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:00 am
Someone finally agreed with me ^_^  

churrlo

CrabappleRed

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:53 am
Captain Verd
Well, considering it's a boys manga, I'm gonna go ahead and assume Zabuza was straight. And since he's straight, I'm gonna go ahead and say it would be easier to fall in love with something with boobs than something without.

No offence, but that's an incredibly weak argument. "It hasn't been done before, therefor it will never be done and this can't possibly be it" it too much of a broad statment, and depends too much on probability and not enough on what's actually in the manga. I mean, if you want to use a statistical argument, you might as well insist that I'm Chinese, since I'm human and a majority of humans are Chinese. Of course, I'm not Chinese, so that just goes to show how effective that sort of argument is.

Kishimoto has already shown that he's not afraid to the teh ghey in his manga. The Naruto/Sasuke kiss is proof enough of that. It was an accident, true, but it still happened, which means he's not afraid to put homosexual content in his work.

Haku has dedicated his life to Zabuza, and dies for him. Haku is the only thing Zabuza really values. Zabuza performs a suiced attack to avenge him, in fact. And when he dies, he strokes Haku's face and wishes to be with him in the afterlife (and gives him the shiney, pretty eyes they always use for Big Emotional Moments). Haku calls Zabuza his precious person, and even tells Zabuza he has a beautiful body. Really, what more do you want? Does Kishimoto really have make an annoucement "yes, these two were gay?" And if so, does he have to make one to tell you the grass is green in his world for you to believe that, too?

And if you really want to use litterary conventions and such for this argument, maybe you want to look up shudo, which describes their situation perfectly: an older warrior nuturing a very pretty youth. . . and boffing him on the side. It's an old Japanese custom. After all, this is a Japanese manga, written by a Japanese man, who has not been steeped in Western prejudices.  
Naruto Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff