Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 15: Fantasy Land
Topic - This Is The Land I Live In ....Fantasy Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Sapphira]

4,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:12 am
(If you have ever read the series, "Narnia", this is where I'm getting inspiration for my castle)

There is a courtyard around the castle, full of trees and fountains, grass and animals. You walk up only a couple stpes, and you are inside. There are windows to let in as much natural light as possible. Music is being played in the backround, thanks to the fauns and dryads. They play a flute like instrument, along with a harp and bells of a sort. Walking past, the cool stone changes to marble as the throne room is ahead. On the walls are pictures of every kind of animal, creature, and landscape imaginable. The throne room is almost etheral.

The natural light is filtered through forest green, yellow, brown, and light blue glass. Potted trees fill the room, along with ferns and flowers. There is more than enough room for the people to meet with the ruler of the land, however. The soft sound of the sea, along with the soothing aspects of the visual, relax to make all troubles seem distant and unworrysome.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:38 am
heart fanasyland heart  

Jasmin117032

Melancholosophy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:18 am
[Sapphira]
(If you have ever read the series, "Narnia", this is where I'm getting inspiration for my castle)

There is a courtyard around the castle, full of trees and fountains, grass and animals. You walk up only a couple stpes, and you are inside. There are windows to let in as much natural light as possible. Music is being played in the backround, thanks to the fauns and dryads. They play a flute like instrument, along with a harp and bells of a sort. Walking past, the cool stone changes to marble as the throne room is ahead. On the walls are pictures of every kind of animal, creature, and landscape imaginable. The throne room is almost etheral.

The natural light is filtered through forest green, yellow, brown, and light blue glass. Potted trees fill the room, along with ferns and flowers. There is more than enough room for the people to meet with the ruler of the land, however. The soft sound of the sea, along with the soothing aspects of the visual, relax to make all troubles seem distant and unworrysome.

Wow... no words can describe my astonishment about your incredibly descriptive and apparently colourful imagination... smile
I can hardly surpass your use of additives and such, and no, I have not read 'Narnia', because I am already reading a few other fantasy-series simultaneously... (if you've ever heard of Eragon, Artemis Fowl and The Bartimaeus Trilogy?)

Well, all I can say is... wow... simply... WOW! Tell me more, and feel free to add a lot more additives, scenery and beautifully described interiors! blaugh

Hopes and dreams,
Melancholosophy  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:10 am
[I have only read Eragon, hence the name Sapphira, and have heard of the last two. The Narnia series is written by CS Lewis. I highly recommend them.]

The throne room is slowly filling up with people. The musicians have moved into the room and continue to play music. Nymphs, wizards, dwarves, gnomes, dryads, fauns, satyrs, witches, gryphons, knights, peasants, children, animals of all shapes and sizes begin to trickle in. They are all here to see the ruler of this land and his daughter. The crowd buzzes with excitement and anticipation to meet their ruler face to face, many for the first time. They do not have to wait long, for he now walks into the room.

His face is a contradiction. It is firm, but kind. Loving and forgiving, yet stern and strict. He is not a man to be triffled with, but it appears that he enjoys children and would love to play with them. His eyes portray compassion and love for every creature in that room. The music stops. The king stops in front of the throne and surveys the crowd. He is tall, much taller than any one else. His hair is brown, and he has a beard as well. His blue eyes are the color of the sky on a bright summer's day. He wears a sword at his side and all of the kingly splendor that one could imagine. He sits, and he looks to the side, waiting for his daughter to come out.

(BTW, the daughter is me, just in case any one was confused about that.)  

[Sapphira]

4,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Team Edward 100

Melancholosophy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:19 pm
Oh, well... I highly recommend Artemis Fowl and The Bartimaeus Trilogy, if you ever find your time to read them wink

But lets get down to business! I see, you already begun telling a story... I am not certain whether my, compared to yours, limited knowledge of additives and lack of inspirational and descriptive skills will ever justify your way of telling this so far beautifully written story of yours... you ever thought of becomming a writer? You would definetely be able to outconquer several minor writers like Paolini, Tolkien and that lousy one, who wrote the Harry Potter series... whee

Hehe, but I really like your way of describing this imaginary event...
I am stunned, simply stunned!

WRITE ME MORE! WRITE ME MORE! blaugh

My compliments to the chef,
Melancholosophy  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:03 pm
[I am deeply honored that you are enjoying this so much, and I certainly shall look up those books. biggrin I'm still going to try to keep this as a description and not a story, and yes, I am a writter. I've written several books seen only by me (mainly because I still need to edit/add to most of them) but hope that maybe one day something will be published.]

The princess does not enter. The crowd begins to get nervous, while the king just smiles. He knows where she is. Suddenly, the doors in the back of the throne room burst open to show a girl running to the front. It is the princess. She is barefoot and closely followed by a blue dragon lumbering behind her. The hall had some magic to make the dragon able to fit under the roof, and he stopped just short of the throne room.

The princess was wearing a simple white dress, also with a sword around her waist. In her hand was a leather bound book. Her brown hair reached only a little past her shoulders, her bright brown eyes apologetic to her Father about being late. It was obvious that she had just come from riding on top of the dragon, for her bangs were standing straight up and her hair was in dissaray.

She approached her Father and bowed slightly, taking her place at his side. She then smiled at the crowd, and the requests began.  

[Sapphira]

4,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Team Edward 100

Melancholosophy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:10 am
Oh oh oh... what happens next??? blaugh

I would be delighted to read some of your written artwork, as I believe that you are about to become one great writer if all of your books are as descriptive and beautifully composed as that which you've revealed to us so far on this forum wink
I myself have written a few pages of several stories, but I always start out with this very 'big' story, and I never finish it... (By the way I doubt you'd like to read those, as they are in my native language sweatdrop )

Well, anyway I hope you don't mind to continue this description/story of yours... and maybe you could reveal some ways to communicate with you outside of Gaia...? 3nodding

Rise my writer, rise,
Melancholosophy  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:36 am
(I would be happy to inform you of some of the ways to contact me 3nodding )

One by one, the people came forward to present their requests to the kind and princess. Most were praises of thankfullness and some were of quarrels that needed to be resolved. Most of the problems that had arised were over land or money or marriage, but the king always found the perfect way to resolve the issues to everyone's liking. The princess said very little, observing everything with bright and curious eyes. Most went to the king if there was a problem, not to the princess. After hours of requests, the king had seen the last of the people.

The king dissmissed them, kissed the princess on the cheek, and then left the room. The princess waved excitedly to everyone, then skipped to the opposite door that lead to the terrace. The princess found a comfortable spot on a ledge, and began to read.  

[Sapphira]

4,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Team Edward 100

[Sapphira]

4,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:37 am
For everyone else, feel free to jump in here with your fantasies. I don't mean to dominate this topic! sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:30 pm
The wind gentle blew against the princesses face as she read. The sun had begun to set casting beautiful orange, yellow, and pink in the sky. The ledge over looked a garden, filled with trees of every shape and size. There was a white path that winded through the flowers and bushes.  

[Sapphira]

4,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Team Edward 100

[Sapphira]

4,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:41 pm
The princess looked up from her book to see a bird flying towards her. She held out a finger and let the bird rest on it. The princess carefully marked her place and began to stroke the bird's breast. The bird dropped a tiny piece of paper into the princess' hand and flew away. The letter said only one thing. "6 o'clock". The princess smiled happily and went back to reading her book.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:38 pm
Ummm, does any one want me to continue this? I could go on for days, but if no one wants me too, I'll stop. smile  

[Sapphira]

4,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Team Edward 100

Melancholosophy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:11 am
Please, continue smile

If for noone else, then do it for me... I check this topic every single day (I need a life, I know sweatdrop ) in order to hear of your next outburst of wondrous imagination!
I LOVE reading, and you could easily spellbind me with your most spectacular way of writing this seemingly beautiful story! 3nodding

So please, do continue... write till you can write no more, my Princess of Imagina! blaugh  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:06 pm
After an hour or two of sitting on the terrace, the princess stretched and rose from her spot. She walked a tad stiffly, due to the fact that she hadn't moved for the past two hours, towards her room. She smiled brightly at all who passed her by, and all bowed at her and smiled at her in return. The princess was suddenly stopped by a dwarf like creature in a desperate search for a bathroom. The princess smiled in sympathy and quickly lead him to a bathroom. When the princess was sure that her friend was going to be all right, she continued on her way to her room.  

[Sapphira]

4,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Team Edward 100

Melancholosophy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:29 pm
Oh, oh, oh... please continue! What happens next??? blaugh  
15: Fantasy Land

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff