Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Naruto Guild
MY LIFE IS A BURNING BLACK ABYSS Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NINJA SAD STYLE:
  BOO HOO NO JUTSU.
  STFU EMO NINJA.
View Results

mofoslotmachine

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:25 am
What counts as "emo"? Usually when I think of emo, I think of someone crying and moaning for no real reason (my parents wouldn't buy me a Wii for Christmas, my mom doesn't like me wearing girls' jeans, yadda yadda). And if having your entire family slaughtered in front of your eyes by your idol isn't justification for emotional problems, then I'd say every damn character in the series is emo.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:40 am
YYAARRRRRRRRRRHHH!!

pirate pirate pirate

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Pekora

puzzleman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:25 am
ya har  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:54 am
BUMP CUZ I'M ON FRUGS
I MEAN FROGS
I MEAN DRUGS
yah drugs *cough cough*  

puzzleman

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:35 am
mofoslotmachine
What counts as "emo"? Usually when I think of emo, I think of someone crying and moaning for no real reason (my parents wouldn't buy me a Wii for Christmas, my mom doesn't like me wearing girls' jeans, yadda yadda). And if having your entire family slaughtered in front of your eyes by your idol isn't justification for emotional problems, then I'd say every damn character in the series is emo.
It is and it isn't. I myself have been through some trauma. But I leave it behind me and move the hell on with my life. Most of us do.

Sasuke had more support than he knew what to do with. A lot of us, in the real world, who have seen turmoil, destruction, pain, abuse, wish that WE had that kind of support, and we don't push it away and throw a fit and seek to become the evilest villain in the world. That's why kids get emo, that's why they cut. Because they need help.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:38 am
Kexita
Me and my friends always joke around a lot about how most of the ninja's in the show are little angst muffins. One of our fondest nicknames for them are "little angst muffin ninjas." yeah, don't ask. xd

I think the most angsty ninja's by far are Sasuke, Neji, and Gaara (pre-time skip). Other people, like Naruto and Lee have their moments, but in the end they always manage to put their smiles back on. I dont recall ever seeing pre-time skip sasuke, neji, or gaara even smile once. (well, wait. Neji and Sasuke Smirked. does that count? sweatdrop )

would I sound stupid if I said Itachi isn't really angsty?
well, it's just...if I think about it, he doesn't really show any emotion at all. He may be...angsty or whatever on the inside, but thats never reflected on the outside. If someone doesn't show their inner turmoil, does that make them an un-angsty person I wonder...? Any opinions on this?
That should be the name of the show. xd

Yeah, Sasuke HAS calmed down a lot... but speaking of smiles, Shino and Shikamaru don't smile much, either. D: I wonder what that means. >_<;; Smirking is kind of like laughing. It can be evil, happiness, or fear. :[

It's not stupid. It's a point of view. razz
It makes a lot of sense. He is very emotionless. You make a very valid point. :D
I think angst goes on inside, and on occasion seeps out.  

Syndactyly

Captain Verd

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:45 am
Shikalee
It is and it isn't. I myself have been through some trauma. But I leave it behind me and move the hell on with my life. Most of us do.

Sasuke had more support than he knew what to do with. A lot of us, in the real world, who have seen turmoil, destruction, pain, abuse, wish that WE had that kind of support, and we don't push it away and throw a fit and seek to become the evilest villain in the world. That's why kids get emo, that's why they cut. Because they need help.
I don't really think it's fair to say he should get over it when his whole family died. By his brother's hand. It's not like they threw him out of the house, or locked up his X Box, or his pet cat ran away or something. His whole family died. Just because he had alot of "support" (/raging fangirls) doesn't mean he's going to be chipper and happy about it.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:08 am
Captain Verd
Shikalee

I don't really think it's fair to say he should get over it when his whole family died. By his brother's hand. It's not like they threw him out of the house, or locked up his X Box, or his pet cat ran away or something. His whole family died. Just because he had alot of "support" (/raging fangirls) doesn't mean he's going to be chipper and happy about it.
Not get over it as much tolerate it. He let his emotions get the better of him. As for that stuff, no, I wasn't just thrown out of the house or had my X Box taken away. It was far more serious, over the time span of years. It's pretty judgmental to assume because we are in a normal society that we all have normal problems.

His support is Naruto, the Shinobi of Konoha. Just as much as Sasuke wants to kill his brother, it is one of Konoha's top priorities, next to the safety of their country. There is a responsible time and place to kill his brother. Sasuke was an immature child and couldn't stand the fact that someone else knew better.  

Syndactyly

Captain Verd

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:20 am
Shikalee
Not get over it as much tolerate it. He let his emotions get the better of him. As for that stuff, no, I wasn't just thrown out of the house or had my X Box taken away. It was far more serious, over the time span of years. It's pretty judgmental to assume because we are in a normal society that we all have normal problems.

His support is Naruto, the Shinobi of Konoha. Just as much as Sasuke wants to kill his brother, it is one of Konoha's top priorities, next to the safety of their country. There is a responsible time and place to kill his brother. Sasuke was an immature child and couldn't stand the fact that someone else knew better.

I wasn't talking about you. neutral

It doesn't look like their are many therapists in Konoha. You can't expect everyone to know how to deal with their feelings, or think everyone will behave in the same way. Without being able to get help or talk about it, Sasuke's resentment of Itachi grew to a huge, crazy degree, so he jumped at the chance to kill him. It might seem immature here, since we're not allowed to kill people, but to a shinobi who does it for a living, running off to murder somebody when you're really pissed at them for murdering your family probably sounds like a good idea.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:01 pm
Captain Verd
Shikalee

I wasn't talking about you. neutral

It doesn't look like their are many therapists in Konoha. You can't expect everyone to know how to deal with their feelings, or think everyone will behave in the same way. Without being able to get help or talk about it, Sasuke's resentment of Itachi grew to a huge, crazy degree, so he jumped at the chance to kill him. It might seem immature here, since we're not allowed to kill people, but to a shinobi who does it for a living, running off to murder somebody when you're really pissed at them for murdering your family probably sounds like a good idea.
It doesn't matter who you were talking about. You generalized that when people suffer it's only small stuff that they blow out of proportion. Say that to the guys who were in Vietnam. Warfare is NOT fun.

You pulled that out of your a**. I don't see foot doctors, either, but chances are they exist. They're in a normal world. Besides, it was mentioned that the shinobi, before graduation, had emotional training. This requires a therapist.

So your theory that Sasuke couldn't get help really has no credibility. He had plenty of people to talk to. You don't need a therapist to let your feelings out. Shinobi or not, there is an honorable way to kill. Killing is not to be done with scorn. That's one of the reasons cell 10's mission was so stupid. If it wasn't for Kakashi, it would be an emotional brawl, little controlled. Shikamaru would have no reason to control himself, his teammates, or the situation. He could've been another Sasuke. No, his family didn't die, but his clan is relatively small. Losing Asuma was losing a large part of his life.

Probably? Huge speculation. And little basis on it.  

Syndactyly

Captain Verd

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:18 pm
Shikalee
It doesn't matter who you were talking about. You generalized that when people suffer it's only small stuff that they blow out of proportion.

Uh, no I didn't. neutral

Quote:
You pulled that out of your a**. I don't see foot doctors, either, but chances are they exist. They're in a normal world. Besides, it was mentioned that the shinobi, before graduation, had emotional training. This requires a therapist.

So your theory that Sasuke couldn't get help really has no credibility. He had plenty of people to talk to. You don't need a therapist to let your feelings out. Shinobi or not, there is an honorable way to kill. Killing is not to be done with scorn. That's one of the reasons cell 10's mission was so stupid. If it wasn't for Kakashi, it would be an emotional brawl, little controlled. Shikamaru would have no reason to control himself, his teammates, or the situation. He could've been another Sasuke. No, his family didn't die, but his clan is relatively small. Losing Asuma was losing a large part of his life.

Emotional training was so they wouldn't cry when they see someone die, or get hurt. It's meant for them to learn how to be cool in hot situations, etc. It's meant for people to be more like Kakashi and Sasuke on the surface, that is to say they're able to make decisions without being rash and retarded during a fight.

Also, um, they're ninjas. They kill people for cash whether there's scorn or not. Tsunade would have sent someone after Akatsuki regardless of Shikamaru's actions, because they're a threat. Ninjas kind of kill people all the time, that's why it seems okay for Sasuke to go after Itachi. It's not like a big taboo gangsta thug problem.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:52 pm
Captain Verd
Shikalee
It doesn't matter who you were talking about. You generalized that when people suffer it's only small stuff that they blow out of proportion.

Uh, no I didn't. neutral

Quote:

Emotional training was so they wouldn't cry when they see someone die, or get hurt. It's meant for them to learn how to be cool in hot situations, etc. It's meant for people to be more like Kakashi and Sasuke on the surface, that is to say they're able to make decisions without being rash and retarded during a fight.

Also, um, they're ninjas. They kill people for cash whether there's scorn or not. Tsunade would have sent someone after Akatsuki regardless of Shikamaru's actions, because they're a threat. Ninjas kind of kill people all the time, that's why it seems okay for Sasuke to go after Itachi. It's not like a big taboo gangsta thug problem.
Okay. Then what the hell was the point of saying that, then?

Right. And who trains people emotionally? THERAPISTS!

No. Bounty hunters do that. It's NOT the same thing. And you just contradicted yourself. If they're killing them for a THREAT, there is a TIME, and PURPOSE, and a meaning, MORE than just boohooing.  

Syndactyly

Captain Verd

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:03 pm
The point, which you obviously missed, is that people who are emo are that way for petty reasons.

Other ninja? All you have to do to make someone callous to, say, death and injury, is show them alot of pitcures of it. That doesn't necessarily mean they have therapists.

Sasuke's murder of Itachi has a purpose and a meaning. Also, I was responding to your comment about Shikamaru specifically, not about Sasuke.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:26 pm
Shikalee
Captain Verd
Shikalee

Well, yeah, but... Sasuke WAS an immature child. He was twelve, and he lost every single close bond he had ever formed when he was, what, seven? I just don't think it's really fair (to fictional characters, haha) to say he should have just dealt with it, when judging from canon he actually didn't have ANY support until his behaviour was properly ingrained. He let getting revenge on Itachi start to mean everything to him, and he became obsessed with strength and considering himself weak long before Naruto came along. By the time Naruto could try to change his mind, Sasuke's mind was already firmly made up.  

mofoslotmachine

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:30 pm
Captain Verd
The point, which you obviously missed, is that people who are emo are that way for petty reasons.

Other ninja? All you have to do to make someone callous to, say, death and injury, is show them alot of pitcures of it. That doesn't necessarily mean they have therapists.

Sasuke's murder of Itachi has a purpose and a meaning. Also, I was responding to your comment about Shikamaru specifically, not about Sasuke.
That's simply based off your opinion. If I were to say another word, say, "depressing," we wouldn't be having this discussion right now.

That proves all and all this is about semantics, and that's stupid.  
Naruto Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff