Reply The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild
THE TITLE OF BOOK SEVEN!!! (Spoiler) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

yellis

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:31 am
Hallow is to make something holy or sacred, like halloween they call it all hallows eve sometimes. i dunno oo evanescence @_@ thier new album rocks.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:06 am
Spastic waffles
So, what do you think?

This is part of a conversation I'm having on the Chamber of Secrets forums at Mugglenet.com:

Hallows - ("holy" or "holy night") the Oct. 31 Greater Sabbat, also called November Eve, the Celtic Samhain ("sow-en"); the beginning of the Celtic winter, and of the Celtic year; the beginning of the Witches' Year, when the Veil Between the Worlds grows thin and the spirits of the dead may return to Earth; the Descent of the Goddess to the Underworld; the final Harvest festival

Hallow - consecrate: render holy by means of religious rites

To be hallowed means to be holy - worthy of religious veneration; "the sacred name of Jesus"; "Jerusalem's hallowed soil".

"when the viel between the worlds grows thin..." OH. MY. GOSH. This has got to mean something. Perhaps Harry will somehow see his dead loved ones once again? The veil...Sirius...I think he's going back to that room in the MoM.

And, of course, Halloween...the day James and Lily died, which is definitely a great day for the final battle to be held...

It's all so exciting!

Wow!!! you really have it all figured out! thats what i was thinking i just couldnt quite get it into those words! awesome! thanks!!  

Twinkeles

AyLe

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:59 pm
whee WHeeeeHeeeeHeeeeeheee!!!
TOO EXCITING!!! whee  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:02 pm
oh my god i cant freckin wait to read this book!!!!!!!!!!!  

pixiedust_12345

Captain Purpleheart

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:55 pm
I know. I totally CANNOT wait.

The other day, at the book store, my brother said, "Hey...they have the 7th harry potter book here."

He sounded REALLY SERIOUS.
But then he just ended up laughing at me.
I need to be less stupid gonk  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:51 am
Yeah. I heard it on the radio  

Xo[PineappleMuffin]oX

ofbittersweetmemories

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:39 pm
*raises hand* anyone else here watch The Devil Wears Prada? Anne Hathaway's char actually acquires the manuscript for Harry Potter Book 7!!! My job dropped....

That's

Not

Freaking

Funny!!

*jumps screen*  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:51 am
morbid_beauty
I'm so freakn excited!!!!!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Potter_and_the_Deathly_Hallows
I almost screamed when I read all of this! No joke burning_eyes

Holy cheese! YEEEEEEESSSSS! -cough- Sorry. sweatdrop

hellomandy

Friendly Codger

Shigures Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:48 pm
=] C a r t e l - H o n e s t l y

Yes, I know! The whole "Deathly Hallows" thing sounds foreboding.. maybe Harry'll run into trouble when he visits Godric's Hollow or something-- but it's just a theory.

I can't waaaait~!

--~~--

Please don't mind what I'm trying to say

'Cause I'm, I'm being honest
You're part of the reason I'm so set on the rest of my life
Being a part of you
You tell me what you think about being open,
About being honest with yourself.

'Cause things will never be the same.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:10 pm
I actually think the Deathly Hallows refers in some way to a cemetery, not in Godric's Hollow, but on Hogwarts grounds.

For one thing, a cemetery would certainly fit the death/sacred dynamic.

For another, Rowling said on Mugglenet that one of the other titles she was considering was 'Harry Potter and the Hogwarts Hallows'.

And when I read that I couldn't help but remember a few things from the making of the third movie... Curon wanted to have the trio hiding from Buckbeak's execution in a graveyard by Hagrid's hut (instead of the pumpkin patch), but JKR asked him not to because, she said, that's not where the Hogwarts cemetery was. (Indicating that there is one on the grounds at the time of the third book.) And then later she mentioned in an interview that there were a couple of ideas Curon had for the third movie that directly foreshadowed events in the sixth and seventh books. At the time I thought it was all of the R/Hr subtext in the movie, but now that we have the last book title I can't help but wonder...  

PhantomoftheFox

l3roken5oul

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:21 am
I'm so excited for the last book, I can't wait. Then again though...it's the last one, so I don't want it to come out, because I don't want it to be over...but I wanna read it so bad! I'm torn. Haha. heart  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:16 pm
EXTREMELY EXCITED!!!!!!!!! exclaim

i can't wait, but its the last one!!!
i'll be cryin while reading it. . . haha

eek ninja  

SmellsLikeJackie

TheArbitrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:19 am
maybe hp and voldy will duel in the hollows. sounds excellent  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:58 pm
YEAH!!! I pre-ordered it biggrin  

LoveSnivellus