Reply Naruto Guild
Length of the Naruto manga Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Poll?
  Yes, poll.
  I can't believe Naruto is nearly done!!1!
View Results

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:16 am
mofoslotmachine
Shikalee
mofoslotmachine
Shikalee
Captain Verd
Rushed in the sense that the baddies will just get hunted down and murdered in like ten chapters, not rushed as in the art will start being stick figures.
This is a new arguement. No one presented that previously.

As for that, then, Hidan and Kakuzu have been alive for over 20 chapters, and we don't know that they're going to die. Sasori's fight was well over 9 chapters. How long do you expect fights to be?

Of course it's a new argument, since this is a new topic and all.
Yes, I was simply clarifying. It's not your need to attempt to prove me wrong when I just said so myself.

I'm not trying to prove you wrong, I'm just feeling irritable about this because I can already see this topic devolving into more pointless nitpicking when I actually was looking for some decent discussion.

But please, continue on.
No, that is personal bias built from past experience. I am not going off topic, and I'm only providing fact and evidence. Just because I happen to disagree with you don't mean it's pointless nitpicking. If you can't stand people disagreeing with you, perhaps you shouldn't ask questions in your topic.

I don't see how what I have presented was not decent. I think you're reading into my text where you shouldn't in order to feel the need to cause an arguement that is irrelevant to the discussion. Stay on topic and this will not occur.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:18 am
Shikalee
mofoslotmachine
Shikalee
mofoslotmachine
Shikalee
As for people complaining that it's rushed, I think it's bullshit. It's pretty much been confirmed that they simply don't like his art style.

No, that hasn't been confirmed at all.
Geez, you guys just love being dense.

THIS discussion, everyone was bitching about the art, NOT the plot.
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=5036&page=1486
If it was the PLOT they were concerned with, that would have been the first thing they encountered as an error. Sounds like people just like bitching and being unsatisfied.

It says Naruto looks rushed. This discussion is about plot and pacing.

How the hell does that work? They were just complaining about what they felt like at the time. There isn't some kind of priority system.
If by pacing you mean rushing, his plot isn't going to change at all. Don't any of you know two-cents about writing a manga?
STEP ONE: PLOT.
You write the overall plot of the story before you do ANYTHING else. The main character isn't usually designed as much as he sort of comes into play. Kishimoto wrote a short flick about just Naruto before the manga became "Naruto." This one chapter story was his character design.
Any smart mangaka writes the plot first. It's not like Kishimoto is making it up as he's going along, or squishing things into a specific number. I'm sure if he has to make it 501 chapters he would, so that it would fit properly. As any mangaka's estimates, they're quite ROUGH and have the constant variable of change.

Sure there is. If the plot was initially bothering them, they would have initially discussed it.

Yeah, I'd like to think I know a little something about it since I have been writing original fiction for seven years now. I've done plenty of reading about pacing and such.

But the fact still remains, you're arguing against thin air. I haven't said I think it'll be rushed, I was actually pleased by this news, and Verd hasn't said that either. So who are you trying to convince? Yourself?

They were talking about art, not complaints about Naruto specifically.  

mofoslotmachine

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:18 am
Captain Verd
Actually, I changed my mind. I hope purple lady and friends get wiped out really quickly so we don't have to suffer through them. The only ones I'm curious about are Kisame vs hopefully Gai, and Zetsu. I can see Itachi's fight involving alot of genjutsu and not being interesting, so hopefully it won't go that route.
Who's purple lady? The female Akatsuki? (I don't know much about the colors of the enemies).

Kisame already fought Gai. D: It didn't go well. Well, it wasn't the real Kisame, which is what makes me think the real Kisame could whipe out Gai with a simple yawn.

I also want to see Zetsu. I don't think we've seen him or Tobi ACTUALLY fight.

Genjutsu bores me. It's so cheap.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:19 am
Captain Verd
Actually, I changed my mind. I hope purple lady and friends get wiped out really quickly so we don't have to suffer through them. The only ones I'm curious about are Kisame vs hopefully Gai, and Zetsu. I can see Itachi's fight involving alot of genjutsu and not being interesting, so hopefully it won't go that route.

But I want the female Akatsuki to actually be interesting. crying I hope Deidara dies soon, he's always got right on my tits.

Lady Akatsuki and Kisame to stay 'til the end and be awesome! ;D  

mofoslotmachine

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:20 am
mofoslotmachine
Yeah, I'd like to think I know a little something about it since I have been writing original fiction for seven years now. I've done plenty of reading about pacing and such.

But the fact still remains, you're arguing against thin air. I haven't said I think it'll be rushed, I was actually pleased by this news, and Verd hasn't said that either. So who are you trying to convince? Yourself?

So then why is everyone worried about plot? Why can't we trust a guy who's been doing it for almost 20 years?

Why would I need to convince anyone. If that's not the case, then don't say it. Say what you mean, and you won't have to defend yourself from something you allegedly don't believe.

Do you not see the posts SPECIFICALLY critiquing the art IN Naruto?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:21 am
Shikalee
No, that is personal bias built from past experience. I am not going off topic, and I'm only providing fact and evidence. Just because I happen to disagree with you don't mean it's pointless nitpicking. If you can't stand people disagreeing with you, perhaps you shouldn't ask questions in your topic.

I don't see how what I have presented was not decent. I think you're reading into my text where you shouldn't in order to feel the need to cause an arguement that is irrelevant to the discussion. Stay on topic and this will not occur.

In that case, please do post things relevant to this discussion, and not linked to other discussions that have nothing to do with this topic. smile  

mofoslotmachine

Syndactyly

mofoslotmachine
Captain Verd

But I want the female Akatsuki to actually be interesting. crying I hope Deidara dies soon, he's always got right on my tits.

Oooh she's purple? I was convinced it was blue because of a fanart I saw.

I hope she kicks a**. And I hope it's NOT genjutsu.  
mofoslotmachine
Captain Verd

Me too. I seriously hope she has a real interesting back story and doesn't make me want to die. But since she's done nothing, well...

Kisame beat Team Gai last time, but neither Gai nor Lee got to pull out all their stops. Besides, didn't Gai beat Kisame in a battle earlier?  

Captain Verd

mofoslotmachine

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:22 am
Shikalee
mofoslotmachine

So then why is everyone worried about plot? Why can't we trust a guy who's been doing it for almost 20 years?

Why would I need to convince anyone. If that's not the case, then don't say it. Say what you mean, and you won't have to defend yourself from something you allegedly don't believe.

Do you not see the posts SPECIFICALLY critiquing the art IN Naruto?

Nobody is worried about plot. I mentioned it, hypothetically, in my original post.

I haven't said anything of the like. Please read my actual posts, and not what you presume them to mean. I repeat: I'm happy about this news and have no bone to pick with Kishimoto, so stop arguing against things I haven't said. Thanks.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:26 am
mofoslotmachine
Shikalee

In that case, please do post things relevant to this discussion, and not linked to other discussions that have nothing to do with this topic. smile
However, Ms. Mofo, it was relevant because of your first post.

"How do you think this will affect the storyline -- will it be rushed, will loose ends be left untied, etc."

But I can tell you don't like talking about it so I'll drop it. :]  

Syndactyly

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:30 am
Think another 100 chapters or so is enough for victory against Akatsuki, Orochimaru, rescuing or killing Sasuke, any possible romance (that all the fans seem to want; complicated pairings), some deaths, some more vengeance, and finally Naruto's fate (Death, Hokage, etc)?

As something to guess upon, what do you think the last chapter will be about?  
Naruto Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff