Krispy Kreme has come to Australia! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:46 pm
No, it seems that we really like to follow the US in just about everything they do, and obesity is one of them.

Australia is something like the 4th fattest nation? While France actually consumes the most fat per capita, or something like that.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:49 am
we just had a talk about this with my mates today.

but i dont get it.... if you wnat a donut. go to a super market and get one
o____O

here in melbourne. Westall area we have a "mr donuts" factory.. they are baked freshed for us when we order them

zonic69

BeMuled MissBeth

Shameless Fairy

19,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:10 pm
My goodness ... 4th fattest ... I'd never have imagined it. Well ... at least the country is fourth, not first. Makes you wonder about the top three heartattack nations. lol

We have places like that here too, Zonic. There's the Zehrs store (huge supermarket here, with various branches like 'The Real Canadian Superstore' rolleyes ) and they have a bakery section, with donuts. Then there are all kinds of bakeries around the city, which are by far cheaper (and offer more variety) than the craptastic donut shops. I don't see why more people don't make use of them. Then again ... with lower prices, better quality and all that business, I suppose it's a good thing they're not being abused frequently. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:55 pm
KKs are way overhyped. When they first came to Syd, some of my family went up there & got some (Not sure if the whole point of the trip was to get some or not) & when I was over at their house the kids all got really excited when their mum said they could have one (they'd bought several boxes & had already had a few). I tried one & it was nothing special. Donut King make better doughuts, easily.

Then KK came to Canb & my cousins, some other family members were all really excited. My ex was going on about how they were the best thing ever & I just thought he'd gone insane (I found out a few months ago - witnessed first hand, that he actually drinks gravy these days.... how gross!), so I think he may actually have gone insane.

Then they came to Melb & my office nearly burst with excitement & bought a whole bunch for the staff. UI tried another one to see if maybe it was just that the first one I had was 2 days old, but nope. Tasted exactly the same.

Best doughnuts ever were at a random fete me, my sis & sis-in-law-to-be went to one afternoon... they were being made fresh to order & were SOOO nice! Then it turned out that they guy making the batter, was actually my SIL2B's husband's childhood(/teenage?) friend! Random!

So my sis has been on a mission to find doughnuts as nice as those ever since & has discovered that if you get fresh DK doughnuts (ie: order when they have none, or ask them to make them fresh) they taste almost as good as the fete ones... but not quite as nice....

JewelsSparkle

Beautiful Grotesque

Shameless Hoarder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:34 am
Yeah KKK doughnuts are nothing special but they taste best when straight out of the fryer and out under the glaze...But the glaze is so full of fat and sugar, its not funny. crying

Yeah thats right, I now refer to them as KKK. scream

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:28 pm
I agree with KK being overhyped. However, I just can't deny its attraction (esp. when you're low on sugar) xp

Yes, beware of the calorie... close to the notorious mars bars.

I remember I waited for 2 hours when it first came to Melbourne. I swear I had never gone that hardcore for a piece of food before @__@

[sweet-lolita]

Wolfeona The Wise

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:42 pm
Americans aren’t fat because we eat surger, we are fat because we love to eat and eat and eat. in my small town which is very small about 1000 people. there are
2 Duncan doughnuts, 2 McDonald, 2 Burger Kings, 1 Wendy’s, a Taco Bell, 4 different Chinese restraints, 1 Fazoles, 1 Raley’s, 1 Pizza Hut, 1 Hungry Howies, 1 little Cessar’s, 1 Dominoes, 1 Manceno’s. 1 Papa Johns, 1 Jets Pizza, 1 Cottage Inn, 3 Subways, 1 Timhortons, 1 Curlers, 1 Churches Chicken, 1 Kentucky Fried Chicken, 2 Sal’s Subernos, 1 Apple Bees, 1 Garfield’s, 1 Frickers Chicken, like 6 different coffee shops. All of which serve food. 1 Red Lobster, 1 Bob Evans, 1 Long John Silvers, 1 Salsarea, they are all chain restraints. and that’s only the tip of the ice burg i didn’t even name them all. on top of that, times that number by 2 and you have the amount of restraints, that are less then 10 minutes from my home. That is why Americans are fat. And I don’t even like surger, though I’m not over weight, so I have no room to talk.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:34 am
Holy s**t, that's a lot of places to eat.

In my Dad's home town of Dimboola (around 1,000 people as well, give or take) there's probably a McDonalds, KFC, Hungry Jacks, and few locals places, and that's it.

In fact, there might not even be any of those places I mentioned. I havn't actually seen them, and it's been years since I was last there.  

WellzY
Crew

Wolfeona The Wise

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:42 pm
yeah i bet my town smells like fried food all the time to out siders. i can only smell it when im in the middle of town.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:50 am
Holy s**t! That's a very large variety of place to eat. Heh, Martinsville's tiny. We dont even have a general store. Cooranbong has what...a general store, one takeaway and a bakery! How lame am I! I have to drive 20 minutes just to get to the nearest fast food outlet. Like that's ever gonna happen. On a different note, KK is opening up at Mingara, just south of where I work. All my work mates wanna go see when it opens next saturday...meh the -effort-. Tried em once. Not the biggest fan really. A donut's a donut...sugar, flour, lots of fat!  

Falethial

TrickYMickY

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:08 pm
I agree that KK is way to overhyped (and from reading the posts I guess they are terrible to work for too) but they are delicious!
There is one across the road from my apartment in Collins Street. But Ive only ever gone there 3 times in the month and a half that I have lived there and that was only cause I had friends over that really wanted to go.

They do taste great with a strong coffee the morning after a big night too!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:59 am
Dude, if I ate anything, let alone a KK donut after a big night...Perhaps yer version of big night and mine're a little different XD!  

Falethial

TrickYMickY

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:29 pm
Well, I have never been hungover in my life, no matter how bad I get the night before. And on the 2 times so far where I have had one the morning after, my stomach had been eptied the night before too so it went down a treat with the coffee.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:47 pm
What I don't get about Krispy Kreme are the ridiculous prices. $2.20 for a freaking plain donut? eek I don't even like spending 70c on a cinnamon.

They do taste wonderful when they're freshly made (when we went they handed out free donuts to everyone in line) but I don't think I'd choose them over Mr Donut donuts. They're a lot cheaper, and taste about the same in my opinion.  

Xan-Phorie Rei

Shy Unicorn

Jazmin`

Fashionable Noob

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:01 pm
I dont like them
but i'm a sydney sider are there been here for a bit  
The Official Australian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash