Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Give me the gold
  Now!
  Right now!
View Results

nightwing773

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 12:33 pm
I agree with everything you said, it describes me to a tee; and I call that a work of art, not because of the way you said everything, but the fact that you have the ability to realize what what makes you who you are and arn't ashamed of it.

There arn't any real goths where I am, they simply dress in black. that's it, they're scared of the dark, hate anything dark except when it comes to clothes. There's my sister who's a wanna be, she wants to be gothic and like those things, but she's still scared of the dark and sleeps with a nightlight, and she's 15. I know what it feels like to think you're the only one who feels that way, but you're really not the only one in the least biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 12:56 pm
I completly agree, but I know you said it wasnt poetry you should try righting because that could lead to some very pretty poetry, I know off topic but whatever I agree with your comment though  

kayla1234098

Veruniel
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 2:11 pm
This sounds like a wonderful exercise — thinking up a list of things you love and that you feel are integral parts of what makes you who you are. I think I'll save it up as a self-affirmation ploy the next time I feel a little depressed.

I more or less agree with everything here, but I like different types of weather and times of day as well. I love sunny weather as well as the rain. For me, being gothy is about finding beauty in many aspects of the world... not just the dark or morbid ones, though I do revel in those too.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 6:59 pm
i agree with everything that you said for the simple fact I feel the same way  

[RikuxHarada]

Sisemen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 7:54 pm
As an artist I wasn't trying to produce a work of art. I simply wrote down what has always been attractive to me, the things that have always effected my way of dressing and seeing the world. I thank you if you do see it as art and I am pleased with the responce that it has gotten. It may not be art but it is a part of me and I am glad that you like it. I've always been a little odd I consider myself Goth because I don't know any other explanation for how I am. If people who are Goth feel the same then mabey I've found a place where I really fit in here at Gaia. Thanks!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:33 am
I like a lot of that stuff too.  

Angel Bruja

.+Melanthios+.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:21 pm
Isel
Of course, going by today's standards of what art is, yes, it is art.

However, you'll notice it's merely prose organized in a fanciful way. It has no elements of poetry or any other literary work of art, and it's certainly not an image of anything.

It's only art because it's a human creation to express ideas, however, it's far too linear and literal to be considered an astonishing work.

lol. Its free verse!!!

Dead_Ed
I agree with everything... save for the dark nights bit (personally I enjoy gray mornings with rain... which I don't get to savor often enough)

i live in Ohio, where every morning is gray........

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:34 pm
I agree...its a little strange,and i often wonder why i am the way i am....I sometimes take walks in graveyards around six o clock,because they give me this calm feeling...I always seem to be in the dark anyway...I keep my light off in my room twenty four seven..Sometimes at night i just sit in my room in the dark listening to music.Then my mom's boyfriend comes in and asks me why i am sitting in the dark.I just tell him because i like it..Its very peaceful to me..  

toriable2016

A Dark Knight

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:47 pm
beautifullly written  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:25 am
Isel
Jaded_Shinobi
Sisemen
I sat down and tried to type out why I am the way that I am. This is what I came up with. It's not a poem so don't flame it. This is my explanation of the way I see life.
If you agree or disagree please post why and with what.

User Image

I agree with this, this is truely a piece of art, I mean wow. I love the night, I could stay up... forever in its darkness... I could walk forever in the shadows of the night that surround me...

THIS IS TRUELY ART!

However, you'll notice it's merely prose organized in a fanciful way. It has no elements of poetry or any other literary work of art, and it's certainly not an image of anything.

It's only art because it's a human creation to express ideas, however, it's far too linear and literal to be considered an astonishing work.

Might I just point out that he specified that it's not a poem.

Rightly so, as well.

But I would not call it art.

It actually feels very cliche to me, each statement.

Just my opinion.

User Image

MortSanglant

musicismyforever

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:56 pm
Yep yep, I agree with this statement fully. =] I don't really know about the chimes made of bones though since I have never heard that sound.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:58 pm
Sisemen
I sat down and tried to type out why I am the way that I am. This is what I came up with. It's not a poem so don't flame it. This is my explanation of the way I see life.

User Image
Very beautiful! You probably don’t care but Not many "Goths" roam the streets were I live because it's full of "Hicks" and "Gangsters" I live close to a military base and also in the middle of the country so not a good place for someone like me *sigh* I bet there is a lot of people out there that is in my situation.  

DuctTapeLove

650 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Kinnera

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:00 pm
Forbinding_scarlet_tears
I agree...its a little strange,and i often wonder why i am the way i am....I sometimes take walks in graveyards around six o clock,because they give me this calm feeling...I always seem to be in the dark anyway...I keep my light off in my room twenty four seven..Sometimes at night i just sit in my room in the dark listening to music.Then my mom's boyfriend comes in and asks me why i am sitting in the dark.I just tell him because i like it..Its very peaceful to me..

This pretty much is also me in a nutshell. A few things I'm going to add though are that I find the night rather calm. I like it more than day, because you can just relax. I'm probably several kinds of goths mixed. I love heavy metal music. Metal-Goth. (Yes such thing) And, I love playing pranks on people. Prank-goth (I dunno if that exists, but it does now.)
I mean, the first word in my band's name is BLACK! Its called the Black Roses. When we get rich an famous, I'll buy you all tickets!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:21 pm
MortSanglant
Isel
Jaded_Shinobi
Sisemen

User Image

I agree with this, this is truely a piece of art, I mean wow. I love the night, I could stay up... forever in its darkness... I could walk forever in the shadows of the night that surround me...

THIS IS TRUELY ART!

Rightly so, as well.

Just my opinion.

User Image

Well, I myself knew it was not poetry, I was simply covering that base- if I were to deny its status as "art" then I'd have to deny its status as "poetry" as well... eh.

Indeed, it is cliche, but art can be cliche and is, these days.

I bet I could s**t fancily in a toilet and call it art. Only if I took a picture of it in black-and-white, that is.

-Isel-

Sisemen

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:31 am
Isel
MortSanglant
Isel
Jaded_Shinobi
Sisemen

User Image

THIS IS TRUELY ART!

Rightly so, as well.

Just my opinion.

User Image

Well, I myself knew it was not poetry, I was simply covering that base- if I were to deny its status as "art" then I'd have to deny its status as "poetry" as well... eh.

Indeed, it is cliche, but art can be cliche and is, these days.

I bet I could s**t fancily in a toilet and call it art. Only if I took a picture of it in black-and-white, that is.

That's already been done and the state of Virginia paied 2.7 million for it  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces