Submit

Gothic!?
  Hell YeaH! (My Choice)
  No, I'm just interested! (Other)
  Gold... that is all...
View Results

nightwing773

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:38 am
I get stares, and glares, and once a christian preacher walked up to me outside my school and threw holy water on me.... rolleyes

people are so ignorant when it comes to things. I change too much to even really fit anything for long, it just stays usually in a general and highly liberal sense, gothic. punk rocker to a few maybe.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:16 pm
i get smirks behind the back and its hard for me to make friends....... they think im emo more than goth... i dont personaly think im goth...i think relle less of myself  

[Ninja_Of_The_Thirteen]

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:09 pm
I only get stares while wearing Tripp pants (and for good reason)... other than that, I blend into a crowd fairly well (I'm not generally a flashy person).  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:57 am
In the future, it would be best for you to wait a few hours for responses instead of making multiple posts. Not everyone is on at the same time, and it may take a while for the majority of the guild to notice your thread.

Personally, I've never seen a dramatic negative response to the way I look or dress. I'll get odd stares sometimes, but I don't assume people are judging me. People will stare at anything unusual, whether or not it's gothy. And I find that the best way of combating negative stereotypes is to practice good manners. If you're nice to people, most of them will walk away convinced that they shouldn't judge anyone based on how much black they're wearing.  

Veruniel
Crew

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:05 pm
Veruniel
In the future, it would be best for you to wait a few hours for responses instead of making multiple posts. Not everyone is on at the same time, and it may take a while for the majority of the guild to notice your thread.

Personally, I've never seen a dramatic negative response to the way I look or dress. I'll get odd stares sometimes, but I don't assume people are judging me. People will stare at anything unusual, whether or not it's gothy. And I find that the best way of combating negative stereotypes is to practice good manners. If you're nice to people, most of them will walk away convinced that they shouldn't judge anyone based on how much black they're wearing.

I absolutely agree with you on the good manners thing. I find that makes a huge difference.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:27 pm
...I'll just say that everyone in my school knows who I am...

I suppose that's easy when you're the person who gets up on a chair, yells p***s at the top of their lungs, then strips and streaks around the school before hiding out in the janitors closet for 5 hours, only to find out you were actually hiding in the principals office...

Still... EVERYONE knows me... Wasn't there at least ONE person absent?

..And no.. There were no drugs and/or drinking involved...

Unless sex really is a drug.. In that case I'm screwed... ..literally.

P.S.. I'm back again!!!

Kupo Ikari

Joji-sama

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:53 pm
There are really a few Goths in the Philippines and I'm one of them. Which makes people stare at me in wonder, a lot, and I just hate that. Every time I tell my mom i'm Gothic she always freaks out and says "Oh no that's bad..." or something. You get the idea.

My friends are cool with it. Hell, they're also becoming Goths. I think. I think because of this people describe me as a bit eccentric. I've gotten used to it, but sometimes it can still feel very uncomfortable with all those eyes surveying you.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:04 am
This post has been removed, as it served no purpose but to insult another poster.  

-Isel-

Kuro_Hana101

Dapper Member

350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:15 pm
well people give me werid looks, and stuff but me okay with that i do not care what people think of me, i have a habbit of forgivining ppl to easly alot stuff. i do not dress gothic all the time, its really cuz my parents and stuff......but i hang with some of my friends who do dress gothic....and well we do get some werid looks  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:19 pm
Yes, it happens quite often. I'm sure it has happened to most of us at least once or twice. But one thing you have to think about when that happens, is that most of the people saying those things are a far cry from being even a little bit Gothy. And alot of those people don't realize what being Goth and living a Gothic lifestyle is all about. For most people that do say mean things about you because you are Goth, or Goths in general, they simply do not understand. Since they do not understand and don't know what it is all about, they get a little scared. Kind of like people who are afraid of the dark. They are afraid because they don't know what is hiding behind the shadows. It's kind of the same concept. But if none of this makes sense, I don't blame you. I've just been up for about 26 hours straight with no sleep because I was on a plane for a very long time. Oh boy. lol.  

Corpse_Bride_131

Sica_Lunae

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:24 pm
My friends don't particularly care about my dress code. Most of the time I have to wear uniform and techies always wear black. They're used to it. My cousins, however, used to have some strange aversion to me because of how often I used to dress so stereotypically. Now, they're okay with it, and my past actions are something of a joke. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:20 pm
well, there are the obvious rumors of cutting myself and all that stuff, but the one rumor that really pisses me off is that one rumor states that i tryed to drown myself...WHAT THE HELL? where in the world did they get that one?  

The Reused

Ham-Kun

5,900 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:25 pm
Omg!!! I hate it when ppl call me emo!!!! I' NOT FLIPPING EMO!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:37 pm
Depends on the person.  

Angel Bruja

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out