Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Did you get craft items as a gift? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did you get craft items?
Yes, and I love them!
77%
 77%  [ 27 ]
Yes, but it's something I already have.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No
22%
 22%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 35

sparklingbutterfly

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:53 am
Meh mom went crazy on craft stuff this year so i have: exacto knife, siccors(sp?), clay bead making tools, embrodiery thread, and mat and a simple cross stitch  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:09 am
I got a set of knitting needles, the Stitch'n'b***h crochet book, and enough baby pink yarn to make myself a pair of bunny slippers. However, the bunny slippers in the Happy Hooker are too small for my size 9 feet, so I have to pull them apart and invent a way to make them bigger.  

Blue-eyes-green

Brunette_Star

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:23 am
eek There's a Stitch N' b***h Crochet book? I'll have to look for that next time I'm in Borders!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:12 pm
i got a subscription to knit 1. and the standard piles of yarn and needles. my boyf's mother just started knitting again, so i made her up a little kit of basic knitting tools (stitch holders, yarn needles, etc.) for hanukkah (i'm such a suckup!)  

anashenwrath

Story From The Stars

2,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:00 pm
Brunette_Star
eek There's a Stitch N' b***h Crochet book? I'll have to look for that next time I'm in Borders!

Yup!
Stitch 'n b***h Crochet: The Happy Hooker!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:13 pm
No crafty gifts as my family is frigthened of my growing collecting of crafting things. xd But I heart the creator of this thread for including Yule on the list of hollidays!!  

Silver Mist

Blue-eyes-green

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:43 am
storyfromthestars
Brunette_Star

Yup!
Stitch 'n b***h Crochet: The Happy Hooker!

The book is absolutely awesome- I can't wait to make half the patterns, and when I was looking through it on Xmas morning, my older brother was hovering over my side going- "Can you make me that only..."
'Tis cool  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:14 am
I got three knitting books (two on socks and one on general knitting), 5 sets of double pointed needles (2 sets each in two sizes plus a set of ebony size 1s), 4 balls of sock yarn, and a mini sewing machine.

Very pleased, am I. 3nodding

And that's not to mention the "we'll buy you a decent easel" promise that I need to go shopping with. biggrin  

tulokyn

the_pink_ladies

Shy Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:45 am
Phishy
I got a swift whee I need fear yarn sold by the hank no more. mrgreen And a little yarn guide/Norwigan knitting thimble that holds four strands of yarn.

What's a swift? confused But anyway...I got loads of yarn (I have to start using more yarn or I will overflow), size 3 DPNs, size 10 circulars, and size 8 metal straights.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:02 pm
I GOT A SEWING MACHINE!!!

whee

Used, but still.

I'm the only person in my family who appriciates crafts of any kind, [[with the exception of my little sister, who had a duct tape accessory stint a while back]] so we have like... nothing. I will never again have to handsew a gigantic floor-length skirt again! Handsewn and slightly lumpy OMG hats? NO MORE! Five hours required to properly resize my sister's pants? NOT ANY LONGER!!!

AND! I finally had the gumption to make myself a cape. It only took less than a day, and since the machine has two-step button holes and pretty stitch settings, it looks gaworgous with its pretty silver celtic knot buttons and wite embroideredy designs on the edges. All I have to do now is add the hood.

One sad part. My 20 year old sister and her boyfriend got it for me, and my parents got me a *gulp* personal DVD player. Which is also what they got me two years ago. Proof that my parents are retarded...

Maer^ier

Worst_Witch

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:35 pm
I'm seriously envious of everyone's loot! Still, I made out like a bandit this year.
Baby alpaca, alpaca cotton blend, self striping Noro in all my favorite colors in each ball, not to mention wooden needles, in sizes 7, 10, 17, and 19. The last two are so awesome.
I can knit and kill vampires! (which judging from the reaction of the guy behind the counter at Tuesday Morning, is apparently a very desirable thing. Woot.)
And after all these beautiful possessions became mine all mine, mom decides she has to have a boring poncho in my old boring yarn in boring old garter stitch.
twisted I think I'll sneak in some cables when she's not looking.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:34 pm
My family was so nice to me this year whee

Let's see... I got a swift (to the person that asked, a swift is a big umbrella looking thing that you put hanks of yarn on, so you can wind it into a ball with ease), a ball winder (this is proably my favorite), two hanks of baby alpaca in a pretty purple, size eight light up needles (those are really cool), an awsome pink knitting bag (my favorite color!), a pattern a day calander, and a thirty dollar gift certificate for an LYS in the area I was staying.

I also got a vidio ipod!!!!!!! I know it isn't crafting related, but I love it! I bought the ENTIRE season two of Avatar: the Last Airbender (my favorite TV show) and it's so much fun watching it!

Sorry, hijacking the thread sweatdrop  

x_dreamweaver_x

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:44 am
Blue-eyes-green
I got a set of knitting needles, the Stitch'n'b***h crochet book, and enough baby pink yarn to make myself a pair of bunny slippers. However, the bunny slippers in the Happy Hooker are too small for my size 9 feet, so I have to pull them apart and invent a way to make them bigger.

My boyfriend have wanted a pair of pink bunny slippers since... well since before I met him! I decided to knit a pair using a simple pattern and then add on tail, ears and stuff. The end result is in my knitting journal...

I got lots of knitting stuf for Christmas. A lovely basket where I can keep all my yarn and knitting stuff, a case for my needles, row counters, dpns, sock yarn (my bfs dad gave me the yarn and needles and hinted that he wants a pair of socks next christmas).  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:05 pm
I got a set of convertible knitting needles, from sizes 2-15; a TON of yarn (i guess i need to get to work making stuff....my stash is now flowing all over my daughter's room), sadly, none of which is anything but acrylic sad ; a lovely basket; an afghan knitting book; a set of crochet hooks, sizes b-k. all of that was from my mother and grandmother (who says crocheting makes her nervous, yet insists on doing it).

My mother-in-law gave me a $30 dollar gift card to Michaels (half of which I promptly used to buy modeling clay to make her and my mom my daughter's foot and handprints to put into a shadowbox.). She also gave my daughter and me granny square crochet stockings (it's her thing--she makes them for ALL of her children, children-in-law, and grandchildren).

I gave a friend a knit scarf--knit with size 19 needles, in garterstitch, with 2 strands of Lion Brand Homespun.

ok...sorry.I'm done now wink  

Maki Minakoaino

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:59 am
I think almost everything I got was crafty ^.^ Then again I have a crafty job.

I got a serger, a high whorl drop spindle, a jigsaw, two knitting books, a sewing book, two spinning books and a stash of yarn.

Now to figure out this strange new spinning thing  
Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces