Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

For the Madness

Tipsy Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:00 pm
Mmk.
My parents don't really know, since I don't go ALL goth. (Tripp pants, chains, EXTREME black eyeliner). But I do wear a lot of black eyeliner, I do wear lots of black and dress pants, and my outlook and general character is gothic. My relatives don't generally notice. They think I'm just going through another "phase" and I'll be over it in a few months. Hah. Thats funny.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:20 pm
When I first started expirimenting with alt fashion back in middle school or my freshman year of High School (I can't quite recall which) I went to a family gathering wearing dark-blue jeans, a black tee, and a pyramid belt. My uncle responded to that by telling me "You better not start wearing a trench coat and shooting people." That kind of upset me, seeing as how pacifistic I was, and still am. However, he eventually realized that my attire didn't make me some sick sadistic creature. Hell, now he's always asking if I'll go to museums, foregin films, and other such things with him. It's great!

At present my grandma would preferr if I wore more color, but she's overall pretty cool with how I dress. She's just glad that I keep more covered up than a lot of teenage girls do, and she is adjusting to my dark attire.

Alongside that, my mother actually loves most of my clothing, though some of it is a bit too wierd for her.

The rest of my family dosn't say anything about it.  

DreamerSpirit

Ninja-xx-love

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:54 am
I guess my family doesn't really care. It's just the way I am, and they have gotten used to it. That is just close family. The rest of my family doesn't bother to stay in touch with me.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:15 pm
Most of my family doesn't care since I'm usually wearing jeans or a long skirt and a t-shirt or a covering blouse. My step-dad occasionally makes comments, but it's nothing serious; we goof around all the time.

It hurt me once, though. My boyfriend, who is an accepting Christian, was over hanging out, and my step-dad noticed that he had quotes from the Bible on his sweater. They started talking about something (I was zoning out), and I remember my step-dad saying, "What a great couple; the good, Christian boy and the Satanist." Right off the back, I say, "Satanism doesn't actually have much to do with Satan." It's simply a true, random fact I learned from the History channel; I am Agnostic. Later that night, my boyfriend started questioning my belief in God, and I think it was because of that. He says it's not, but I have no idea why he would randomly ask.

My dad and his girlfriend think it's embarressing to be seen with me. So, I haven't visited them since Easter. I love my dad, but I can't have a relationship with him if he's not willing to accept all of me, including my appearance. I think he'd go crazy if he found out I'm a pansexual, while my mom doesn't care.  

Dirzdra

ketchakik

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:11 pm
i have no shock value with my family....they are used to me...
my grandmother just chuckled when i came downstairs once in a gasmask and lighted feathered boa  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:44 pm
One side of my family doesn't really pay much attention, they love me anyway. The other side... well... I don't talk to them very often, anyway.  

Verienkeli

Girl-Crazy Genius

bluerain202

Sparkly Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:03 pm
Being an intellectually angsty artist i guess is heriditery. My mom showed me her poem/drawing book from her teenage years XP... I never knew anyone had more pretentious poetry then me. I come from a long line of Poe-adoring women XP... my mom bought me a sketch of E.A. Poe for my birthday, even. She has lots of dried roses around and is fond of the Victorian era, so that's a common interest at least.
For my death-themed poem "Inscription on a Roman Tombstone" was well recieved round my family, so no biggie.
Some of the "darkest" clothing, like a dark purple shirt with a silver cross, my mom actually wanted it as well as a matching velvet skirt XP...
I like alot of patterned clothing as well as corsets and whatnot. I try to vary my clothing, though I also attempt to keep it stylish. I wear colors often, I've gotten to wear red quite often, maybe just a prod at being outrageous or something. But usually I like extremities and artsiness in clothing, I never like to limit myself, and while my parents don't like my taste in deathrock, it's all good. Being an individual is the most important thing for me, and parents can't change that for the world.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:44 pm
Well, since we see my dad's non-biological side of the family more often than the others, they're kinda mellowing out, but not enough that I can go over there and not get stuff thrown at me or chased around. My mom's side hasn't seen me in a long time, so I haven't a clue about them.  

turntechKilljoy

4,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250

Her Cyanide--

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:44 pm
Errrrrrm...Well it's just me and my dad. Haha but he doesn't really care if I dress the way I do. All he asks me to do is take off my collar sometimes when i'm back at home so he can hug me without being stabbed in the face. mrgreen heart  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:34 pm
mine are like play guitar(dad's side)
but on my mom's side...they're just crazy  

The Dadalorian

one_shadow_of_many

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:54 pm
they make excuses and try so desparately to deny what i am...they try to cover it up by calling me an "emo" or a "poser"... they are just pissed that i have an aspect that they could not control..that they never saw coming...well, i say, tough s**t....  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:27 am
Once when I went to my uncles house I was wearing Tripps and he said something along the lines of, "Uh oh! Everybody run! She's gonna strangle us with the unidentified objects hanging off her pants!" and then there was, "So.... How's Satan these days?" You would honestly think that people in my family were over it by now, considering we like, breed Goths. Seriously, I don't know about one kid in our family that hasn't been Gothy for some amount of time. Ugh. They are so stupid.  

Corpse_Bride_131

Freedom Fire

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:23 pm
ketchakik
i have no shock value with my family....they are used to me...

Me either. I mean, the way I dress is still fairly new but no one seems to say much. My parents just ask me not to wear a lot of black eyeliner and dark lipstick around my grandparents. Well, maybe my relatives say things to my parents, but not to me directly. I'll wear a band t-shirt and they say how much they liked that band, or how good it was.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:34 pm
My Mom is completely comfortable with my choice of attire, In fact most of the time when I'm shopping at Hot Topic(I'm a poor kid, don't call me a poser)
she walks around looking at clothes... and big high heels. She would buy stuff with me, but we're poor and can't afford it and she says she's not "young" enough or "thin" enough, though she's not too fat.

My Dad on the other hand freaked out when he first saw me wearing a pair of Tripp pants. He said "How far did you have to chase a ****** to get those pants?" That kinda pissed me off because I HATE racism. I just looked at him and said "I bought them, thanks" *smirk*

Now my grand mother and great grandmother acted a lot different. Grandma asked "why are you dressed like that?" to which I simply responded "I want to. Great Grandma said "those chains remind me of Christmas" stare

My Dad's girlfriend was dumb and said "That's the new style these days isn't it?" I was like "NO. I'm just a freak" Hahahahaha  

LazyDruid

6,100 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Trader 100
  • Citizen 200

Xx-Razorblade-Skittles-xX

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:33 am
My family doesn't seem to care to much or they just ignore it. Most of them say I'm just being unique. Everynow and then one of them make a comment such as, "Here's the Gothic Queen," but I just slightly smile at their little joke.... I'm not a soup can...  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff