Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Back to Guilds

"Helping" Final Fantasy fans with their addictions since 2004. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, RPGs, Square Enix 

Reply Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy IX Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Maluc_Fieri

8,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:34 pm
Ravenwolf
Maluc Fieri
For the longest time I wondered why I hated FFIX... it took years for me to figure it out but I did.

I blame Quina and Necron. Quina persisted in breaking the mood of the storyline whereever she was present. She was a completely unneeded part of the game and what was needed of her could've been replaced by a multitude of things that could've been far more interesting.

and Necron.... well.. I know I'm not the only one who was pissed when Kuja wasn't the final boss. You go through the storyline and defeat the main bad guy and then... there's this other guy... who came out of no where ... has no story... and you just stand up and fight him... and that's it... ok.. done... back to normal now.... what a great game................. (wtf?)

Exactly my point.

That's what I've decided on. The game had so many things going for it and because of a few very present unneeded things it just didn't have the effect it should've.

I do agree with you on those points, but I don't think they're big enough reasons to hate it...

well sadly I can't think of any other real reasons... but I know I hate it now... so if it isn't these things.. please tell me what else it might be... cuz I'm really baffled.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:17 pm
I loved how the battle system went back to its roots, allowing up to 4 party members on the battlefield at once. Also, the Victory Fanfare sounded much like the original, mind you it was slightly revamped. You had to love the music from the game, especially because Nobuo Uematsu did it. I loved the music when you had to save Zidane. The guitar solo sounds awesome on that part. Another thing that I think gets overlooked because people don't play FFIX is the fact that 2 of the series' best-looking girls are in it: Garnet/Dagger and Beatrix. I honestly think that, as far as beauty is concerned, Garnet has Tifa beat. Sure, Tifa's got the body, but Garnet has the body, the beauty, and an innate ability to adapt, which is relatively uncommon among royals.  

DM Draco Moondragon

6,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:29 pm
DM Draco Moondragon
I loved how the battle system went back to its roots, allowing up to 4 party members on the battlefield at once. Also, the Victory Fanfare sounded much like the original, mind you it was slightly revamped. You had to love the music from the game, especially because Nobuo Uematsu did it. I loved the music when you had to save Zidane. The guitar solo sounds awesome on that part. Another thing that I think gets overlooked because people don't play FFIX is the fact that 2 of the series' best-looking girls are in it: Garnet/Dagger and Beatrix. I honestly think that, as far as beauty is concerned, Garnet has Tifa beat. Sure, Tifa's got the body, but Garnet has the body, the beauty, and an innate ability to adapt, which is relatively uncommon among royals.

I like you. xp

Heh, yeah. I'm not sure if this is the song you're talking about, but I love You're Not Alone. Also, Dagger and Beatrix are both awesome.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:12 pm
FF IX is definatly my favorite too whee

Zidane so rocks I love the story line too.

Vivi's so funny but cyute squee! xd  

Sadistic Lemon

Marth12489

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:26 am
I just started playing FFIX again and I love it! I just finished killing that Gizamiluke (spelling?) serpent boss. My favorite scene of all time is when Vivi attacks the third Black Waltz with his fire spell. I play the game just for that scene. I also liked Blank very much. I really didn't like Quina or Eiko because with Quina, as people have said before, s/he is just a big minigame. I liked the blue magic but there was no storyline to Quina's past. It was just "Go and take Quina with you to find better things to eat." or something like that. As for Eiko, she just wasn't one of my favorites. She was always so weak too. She was just like Garnet with different summons and that was a waste. Although there was one summon in IX that everyone says is the best but I haven't gotten it. I don't know who gets it either. I guess I'll find out when I'm playing this time through.

I want to fight that Ozma secret boss dude. i heard he was in the Alexandria library or something and I remember fighting some book monster there but I don't remember if that was Ozma or not. I've also seen people beat Ozma at level one. I don't see how it can be done especially with such a low hp and mp. You won't even get to use summons if you wanted to. Unless you had the best armor that makes you only get 1 damage from every attack then you're probably screwed. I doubt there even is an armor that does that for you.

Wow... sorry for the long post. I doubt it makes any sense what-so-ever.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:04 pm
FFIX is my favorite because I was so engrossed in the storyline and I loved all the characters...

when I beat it and saw all the ending animation,

I CRIED!

crying

it was so amazing.  

Mogitha

600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Consumer 0

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:33 am
Marth12489
I just started playing FFIX again and I love it! I just finished killing that Gizamiluke (spelling?) serpent boss. My favorite scene of all time is when Vivi attacks the third Black Waltz with his fire spell. I play the game just for that scene. I also liked Blank very much. I really didn't like Quina or Eiko because with Quina, as people have said before, s/he is just a big minigame. I liked the blue magic but there was no storyline to Quina's past. It was just "Go and take Quina with you to find better things to eat." or something like that. As for Eiko, she just wasn't one of my favorites. She was always so weak too. She was just like Garnet with different summons and that was a waste. Although there was one summon in IX that everyone says is the best but I haven't gotten it. I don't know who gets it either. I guess I'll find out when I'm playing this time through.

I want to fight that Ozma secret boss dude. i heard he was in the Alexandria library or something and I remember fighting some book monster there but I don't remember if that was Ozma or not. I've also seen people beat Ozma at level one. I don't see how it can be done especially with such a low hp and mp. You won't even get to use summons if you wanted to. Unless you had the best armor that makes you only get 1 damage from every attack then you're probably screwed. I doubt there even is an armor that does that for you.

Haha. I liked Blank, too. I also kind of liked Eiko. I like Dagger better, so I used her in battle, but Eiko was probably better. She had Esuna and Full-life, which Dagger didn't. I'm not sure which summon you're talking about, but if it might be Alexander. You don't actually get to use Alexander in battle; he's just for that one event. Ozma, by the way, is in the Chocobo's Sky Garden.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:41 am
Ravenwolf
Marth12489

Haha. I liked Blank, too. I also kind of liked Eiko. I like Dagger better, so I used her in battle, but Eiko was probably better. She had Esuna and Full-life, which Dagger didn't. I'm not sure which summon you're talking about, but if it might be Alexander. You don't actually get to use Alexander in battle; he's just for that one event. Ozma, by the way, is in the Chocobo's Sky Garden.

The summon would be Ark (the boss you fight in Oeilvert). You get it from beating Hades in Memoria and having him synthisize two pumice pieces together in to a pumice. And Only Garnet can learn it.

@Marth: The optional boss in Alexandria is called Tantarian and he's a demon book that's in the library just before th big Bahamut vs. Alexander scene. He's pretty tough unless you're waaay higher level then you should be. Also I don't think it's possible to beat Ozma at lv1, he uses much too many status effects for you to have any chance without leveling enough to learn the stuff to avoid them, as well as the fact that he hurts like a b***h even with the best armors in the game would prevent that as well.  

Maluc_Fieri

8,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

archWangel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:22 am
i think its a tie between 7 & 9 they are both really good ones. but i think 9 is a little better.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:46 pm
It's good enough that I am about to replay it once I have finished Baten Kaitos Origins. The bit that annoyed me though is that you finally get Ark the biggest summon and it turns out to be the same element as the final boss. What a waste of an ultimate summon!  

ManaGarmr

Kapwned

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:40 pm
I STILL love the graphics. They were vibrant and unique, and they had a renaissance charm to them, unlike all the other games, which were more mechanical and modern looking. The characters all had distinct personalities, and the main guy character wasn't all emo or angsty, or had a "blonde" personality.  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:41 pm
I love it! I wish I had finished it already!...."grumbles" oh well, summer's coming! twisted when school ends videogames begins...bwuahhhhh! twisted The dawn of FF will begin, two more weeks, only two more weeks! Oh god, please help me! xd xp  

FantasyFollower

Maluc_Fieri

8,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 6:22 am
I still can't figure out what I hated so much about this game. It's really baffling me.... I think I'm gonna have to play it again to figure it out... but I'm just too busy with FFXI and FFXII and .hack//GU p.2 and... wait... that's all... I finished God of War 2...  
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 8:06 pm
Maluc Fieri
I still can't figure out what I hated so much about this game. It's really baffling me.... I think I'm gonna have to play it again to figure it out... but I'm just too busy with FFXI and FFXII and .hack//GU p.2 and... wait... that's all... I finished God of War 2...

Eh, you can go back to those games; go play IX. I want to hear some good arguments from you.  

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

Kapwned

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 7:23 pm
I want to see too. I've asked someone before, and all he had to say was "its a joke".  
Final Fantasy IX

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff