Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply _The Agora_ ! Art ! Focused Discussion ! Debate ! *Under Construction*
Daily Discussions: Your Not-So-Daily Discussion! (Updated!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:48 am
*Heavy Metal-Magic Poke!*  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:52 pm
gonk I'm sooo tired due to setting up the library... and it's not even finished. cry And I have other stuff around my house to do. xp  

Jameta
Captain

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:50 pm
I know how it is to be cleaning away the old stuff you have. It's especially painful to me, though, because I have sentimental value attached to A LOT of things I own for some reason or another and this makes me into a total packrat.

How bad is it for me? Ahem. "No! Don't throw that partially-eaten candy cane away! That was a random gift from a friend!" Also: "No! You don't need to throw that packaging paper away! It's from Korea and has my friend's address on it... and keep the bubble wrap it came with also!" I could go on, but you get the drift. I'm REALLY bad sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:38 pm
For me, things tend to pile up, then I'll do one big ruthless sweep of my roo. I need to do one now. I also think that it doesn't help having twice the amount of books than my current bookshelf can hold. One the upside, a new bookshelf means organising them alphabetically again mrgreen  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:57 pm
Discussion, I demand that you change... NOW! ...Err... I mean... NOW!

Now?

*Kicks it* There we go! New discussion surprised  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:04 am
Atma311
Jewelry with symbols or significance of faith are important to the wearer and can be a good conversation piece in many instances. However, there are many who claim that wearing these items can make you a target.

Do you agree or disagree? Should one wear a symbol of their faith, discreet or not, in public places? Would these items prevent you from getting jobs if worn during interviews? Maybe they would upset a teacher and make you fail a class. Do you think that's improbable and just the concerns of the paranoid? Discuss your feelings here.

The only way symbols of your faith would cause any of that is if the person seeing them is a really up-tight, my-religion-or-none kind of person. And anyways, a teacher can be fired for Religious Discrimination, and you can sue an Employer for the same reason also.

If you live in a place with a lot of people who view your Religion as a false Religion (i.e.: The Bible Belt), then wearing your symbolism proudly might cause you a lot of un-needed grief. In such situations, wearing it is fine, but make sure the people who would cause this un-needed grief don't see it.
Or, if you really don't care either way, display it proudly.
Personally, I think anyone should be able to wear their Religious Symbols whereever they want.
My excuse is this:
If the Christians are allowed to put up Ad's on the public buses, why can't I wear a piece of Jewelery that represents my faith? Or, better yet, why can't I put up an Ad AGAINST Ad's for Religions? Imagine how every Jewish person, Hindu, Muslem, ect. feels when they have to read the words "GOD sent HIS son NOT into the world to CONDEMN it... BUT... That through HIM... YE MIGHT BE SAVED!" followed by the appropriate quote reference in the New Testament. It sure annoys the hell out of me that they are trying to convert without even being there to say this s**t themselves.
But I rant, and its currently inapropriate.

Anyways, my original point is, if a Christian can wear his or her Cross displayed proudly in any place, then why can I not wear my Sun, Moon, Pentagram/Pentacle, Ankh, ect. the same way? Why should it matter? For all you know, the person could simply be wearing it because they think it looks cool. [shrugs] Thats my arguement, right there.

Winter Black
Crew

Winter Black
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:47 pm
Ahd she sayeth unto thee:
"Let there be a new subject!"
And there was. And it was good.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:07 am
Bah, unfortunately, I really haven't experienced personal interaction with my deities/guides.

Except for one time with Raven- that was a hoot. Essentially, I was trying to take a picture of some of the ravens that were flying around the boat; they would move away as soon as a got a good shot, taunting me in a sense. I had to mentally taunt back that Eagle, Raven's rival, would willingly let me photograph him, and that Raven shouldn't let him be "better" than he was.

I had a raven strut around for a long time in front of me. whee  

Jameta
Captain

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:01 pm
I can't seem to contact the fae. I've tried, but I never really found any... then again... I really don't know where to look or how to find then without scaring them off before I get a change to talk to them. How about some help here? *Hopeful look*  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:40 pm
Atma311
I can't seem to contact the fae. I've tried, but I never really found any... then again... I really don't know where to look or how to find then without scaring them off before I get a change to talk to them. How about some help here? *Hopeful look*
Supposedly from English folklore, favorite trees of fairies or fae are marked by a mushroom ring. Also, they love sweet things, especially sweet-smelling flowers.

That's all I can remember off the top of my head. xp  

Jameta
Captain

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:12 pm
I sort of was around them in a midsummer ritual. You could feel them very strongly after a song to them, but they got bored quickly and went away. One of them was hugging me though heart

Deities are have more experience with. I'm getting better and better at contacting them. Sometimes through meditation, sometimes through familiarity (Thoth and the Morrigan heart ) and occasionally thtough being in their demain (In a lake-Poseidon. Allthough he's more a sea god than a water god...).

Sometimes they communicate in words, sometimes in more feelings and images. Trees are like that.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:38 pm
Atma - When I talk to the Fae, I generally seek them out in a place where their element is prevalant (I found Fire Faeries in a forgery.)
When I see them, I generally see hundreds of small flashing dots in front of my eyes. It's how I know they are around. You don't always see the actual Fae. Sometimes you only hear the whispering on the winds, or feel their emotions... Often, it's not even really talking, more feelings, whispers, and thought influence.  

Winter Black
Crew

Kabuki Doll

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:50 am
Subject change by 'popular demand!'

Yesterday I was walking to my college campus and I couldn't help feel incredibly overwhemled by the fluctuating emotions here around me.

See, I've always been empathetic and intuitive with my surroundings, but this was just complete madness. Maybe it's because I was in a completely different city, a different country, for the matter, but everyone and everything around me was flaring with a very strong emotion. Halfway on my walk it was so overpowering that I collapsed on the ground sobbing. I've never felt so out of control.

I'd like to know if anyone else has had this experience, and what you've done to help maintain control.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:37 am
Something like that happened to me in February 2003, but it wasn't sadness or madness. I felt this complete urgency of "Something is wrong! Something very bad is happening!" I still have no idea what it was and my roommate probably thought I was crazy, but I know something bad happened then and I hope one day I know.  

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100

Kabuki Doll

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:04 pm
There wasn't really one dominant emotion. It was just everyone around me was feeling something of a strong emotion, whether it was the disturbing couple making out in the alley or the angry man who lost his wallet, everyone had a strikingly strong emotion and emitting from them, and it was like a chaotic overload. Blah gonk Some one come live with me!!! This place kind of scares me now.

I got plenty of strange looks from passerbys while I tried to regain my stability on the ground, but luckily some nice kid helped me up and walked me to the campus. (Side note: He was really cute eek and I felt so silly because I was still crying on my way there, and it turns out he's a junior there...Eek. )

_The Agora_ ! Art ! Focused Discussion ! Debate ! *Under Construction*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff