Reply ~ Main Forum ~
College . . . Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kaydienne

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:07 pm
I am nearly two years into ITT Technical Institute for Gaming Art and Design. Once i finish those two years I have another two years for my second degree.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:42 pm
I'm going through the college application process, myself. And it is like hell. Luckliy I only have a little bit more to go.EEEK! ((It feels like soo much though)) But yeah what I looked for when I picked my colleges was the size and type of colleges. For instance, I picked colleges that either were small or had a strong arts school. The way I see it if I pick a school that is strong where my interests are concerned, I'll have no trouble finding people who are like me.  

Laharl Part Deux

Forever_the_child

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:44 pm
BERKLEY!!!!!!! WHOO

it's kinda hard to get into though sweatdrop stressed  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:20 pm
Well, I'm heading off to college in a year and a half. My major in high school is Media, so I'm hoping to go into a good graphical design college. When I've looked some up, there seemed to be a lot of good ones in California. Which is where I hope to go.

Only thing is, I live in New York. xd Yes, I realize there are graphical design colleges in New York. But I think I've had enough of New York right now. It'd be interesting to change things up, right?

My main concern is my portfolio. I don't really think my work's too spectacular. In my Sketching class, I'm getting good enough grades, but I prefer my Graphics class, where we work on the computers. [Currently: Vectorizing a picture of myself in Illustrator].

AverageTyrant

SaiBlackNight

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:20 pm
I'll close my eyes...

I am in college (and it's not easy). I don't know about the goth friendly colleges...but mines very accepting of many different people.

They accept me.

However, I go to a private Christian university....so yeah. ::shrug::

...let the whole thing pass me by.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:33 pm
I'm in Culinary School in Colorado. As for advice... unless they have a really good program for what you want to study avoid any university in the midwest. This advice also applies if you're gay (in whatever way). I grew up in NE Kansas and the attitudes in that area almost drove me mad.  

Verienkeli

Girl-Crazy Genius

ieatyourtclol

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:36 pm
I am currently taking Pre-Health until September. Immediately there after, I am taking Med-Lab. After Med-Lab, pending a 4.0 in both courses, I am then taking Molecular Biophysics with McMaster's University. It continues onward from there another few years with Cancer immunology and Genetics.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:10 am
Well... To be honest, community colleges have a pretty good population of different people. I got to Red Rocks CC in Colorado, and I'd say we have a super diverse group. All the "deviant" types kinda mesh together and make one big group. There is a HUGE gaming population there, but I like to blame that on the AMAZING MGD department. It's not a big music school, unfortunatly, but it should be because all the music teacherss there are University worthy. *shrug* just my opinion. Oh, and don't take German at RRCC, the only German teacher there is the biggest jerk on the face of the planet. mad  

DMSeraphim

Dirzdra

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:58 pm
I can't really say anything to help at all. I'm being pressured now to choose, and I'll go through the process soon to get an idea of where I want to go. I'm just procrastinating at the moment. It's not like I can't afford to do so, though, because I'm only a junior in high school. I'm thinking about starting out at RCC in Riverside, CA with my boyfriend, which I am told is easier to go through a community college first, anyways. Even though I have a good few years to decide on several different colleges, my family is pressuring me to decide now so "I have an idea of what I am going to do." In other words, they want me to be the first in my family to make it past community college.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:37 pm
Community college is much cheaper anyways. I'd say start there, thwn just make it a goal of yours to be better than your parents. XD  

DMSeraphim

MysteryCross

1,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:34 am
I'm over at Texarkana College and its cool... not alont of goth though, jus some wannabes and a few good emo friends, but other than that; nothing.... stare  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:52 pm
Im currently attending SUNY Morrisville in New York, Im one of id say 4 Goth/punk/ even remotely alternative kids. The other people include an RA, my roommate, and I added one incase I overlooked.

Its out in the country, a 45 min drive to any mcdonadles, and an hour drive to a nearby city. Its quite lonely.

If anybody is looking for goth friendly collages in new york. SUNY Buffalo has a large subculture, located in a city and have a few clubs that would encourage diversity.

Also RIT in Rochester, I took a few classes there, and about half the campus is punk/goth/Alt. Most of the teachers are old hippies.

Ive also heard good things about Alfred university.  

Choboxer

5,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

OverlordMMM

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:03 pm
.....well....I go to a community college...so there isn't a big deal about what is worn.......  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:35 pm
I'm currently in my first year of College.
Office Education, Group B of 06/07

Ambrosine Raksha

TheWitchGotRobin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:10 am
I'm in my second semester. whee I've loved it so far. Trying to get my basics out of the way before tackling my major. I'm leaning toward journalism, but it could very easily change. I was trying for game design at first.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff