Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Elizabethan dress Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:16 pm
...I have those boots. xd and dear lord he's cute!

very nice dress, I can see you put a LOT of work into it. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:20 am
The hoops weigh nearly nothing compared to the huge overskirt. That green and gold fabric is upholstrey (sp?) fabric, and the bodice lining is duckcloth. The noble women at our faire frequently comment on how happy we are that hoops were the fashion, not petticoats. Now those are heavy! But the hoops are made out of cotton and hoop boning- which tends to be very light weight.

Thanks! I did put a ton of work into it. Centering gold braid over satin trim is not easy!! And yes, the guys cute. He also a jerk. (in real life, that is- his character is really awesome)  

Silver Mist

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:53 pm
sadly most cute men are. sad  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:09 pm
I know. The truth saddens me. crying  

Silver Mist

Maer^ier

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:30 pm
*offers no opinion on men being jerks, due to the fact that they don't exsist... yet*

That is [[please pardon my... French? German? Fregermish?]] an ASSLOAD of cloth. I don't think I've ever used that much EVER, with all of my projects combined... and the details and little extras that make the outfit so awesome are SO beyond my level... I have some learning to do. *whips out trusty sewing machine manual... wait... this thing doesn't exsist... Yay cloth and freeforming!*

Did you make the hoopskirt yourself [[I've seen tutorials, but they looked hard]] or did you buy it?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:54 pm
this looks better than any of the crap I make XD  

sakurachan61123

I be me
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:16 pm
Lee Kushrenada
...I have those boots. xd and dear lord he's cute!

very nice dress, I can see you put a LOT of work into it. 3nodding
you know it only maked me want to hug you when you talk like that.
I am sad, I know. But call me faghag and I will not deny it.

and not all cute guys are jerks, some of them are just gay.

and the details and stuff on the fabric looks great. It totally must look awesomely awesome in real life.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:47 pm
Silver Mist
blaugh heart 4laugh

All in all, I was rather rushed on it so it would be ready by opening weekend, but we estimate about 70 hours. My dress for next year (which will be started as soon as my trim gets here), will likely take upwards of 100 +.

Fabrics were mainly purchased at Jo-annes. The greens I got on sale from a drapery shop that used to be near my house- the only location left now though is in Cinci, Oh, cause the poeple who work there are mean. ><

And as far as the SCA thing, they're fine- till I mention I'm a rennie. Then my friends and all my interests are mocked and they treat me like s**t. Sorry, but I'm tired of the closemindedness. ><

All of my period stuff (the little of it that I've done sweatdrop ) has been totally rushed, since no one ever gives me any warning. xd I never got far enough into it to be bothered making that kind of thing for myself. I would love to see your new ones! whee heart

Would you be interested in scaling some of that down to doll size? ninja I wouldn't ask you to do the sewing, but I'd love to make some...

You live in the wrong part of the country, if SCAdians are doing that! Around here, almost all the SCAdians do RennFaire, too, so they're very good about it. xd You still get some of the snobs and such, but most of them are very nice. And nowhere else will you see a knight in full plate armor attempting to jumprope with a six-year-old girl's four-foot-long pastel jumprope, just because she asked him to. xD It was amazingly impressive.  

kamiyra

Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces