Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Weekly Show and Tell for 1-1-2007 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SaelensFrozenFlame

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:40 am
well, i finished my friend's scarf, now i'm working on her dog's scarf...and i'll have an entire skein of Wool-Ease T&Q leftover, so i'm trying to decide if i wanna take it back and exchange it for the color i like, or just stick it out and make something with it.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:12 pm
I started and finshed a striped hobo bag in one day. Different moons and stars on the outside, lined in sparkly blue. Its there for the sole purpose of keeping my beading in, so the expensive fabrics/trims I use for period stuffs doesnt get dirty.

Next project is beading an obscene amount of trim. Which will be stored in the bag while I'm working. xd  

Silver Mist

Silver Mist

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:36 pm
Kanae Shin
well, i finished my friend's scarf, now i'm working on her dog's scarf...and i'll have an entire skein of Wool-Ease T&Q leftover, so i'm trying to decide if i wanna take it back and exchange it for the color i like, or just stick it out and make something with it.

exchange it!! Make yourself something damned pretty ^^  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:09 am
I just started on a felted purse, although I should really be working on some arm warmers for a friend's brithday. Perhaps I'll start that in one of my classes this week.  

VP Club Freakin Justice

I be me
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:40 pm
Gothic Alice
Currently working on: A new knit emo bag for my little sister, a magic the gathering dice bag for my mother.
(PATTERS ARE WELCOMED!!! I'm doing all this but thought sweatdrop )
Gunna make right after: Purple and black arm warmers with Gaia stitched in to them and my screen name right under.
errr...
patters?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:41 pm
Silver Mist
Kanae Shin

And I'm with her.  

I be me
Vice Captain

SaelensFrozenFlame

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:11 pm
I be me
Silver Mist
Kanae Shin

And I'm with her.

I'm thinking about knitting a skirt and lining it....  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:14 pm
o.O If you do, I insist on pictures!!  

Silver Mist

SaelensFrozenFlame

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:32 pm
I intend to...and i wanna make it about a size or two smaller than what i wear...so i can use it as my goal for my weight loss...  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:43 pm
VP Club Freakin Justice
Perhaps I'll start that in one of my classes this week.

That's what I'd do. If I wasn't starting a new semester I might. As it is, I'm taking my knitting just in case it's THAT boring.  

Story From The Stars

2,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200

Silvander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:23 pm
storyfromthestars
VP Club Freakin Justice
Perhaps I'll start that in one of my classes this week.

That's what I'd do. If I wasn't starting a new semester I might. As it is, I'm taking my knitting just in case it's THAT boring.

I can't knit and take my compulsive notes at the same time, but we have one girl in my Religious classes who does some pretty awesome projects during classtime  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:24 pm
Knitting needles are weapons?

SINCE WHEN???

I'm still working on my friend Andi's chemo cap during class though. If the administration doesn't like it I'll sue their asses. At least I pass my classes. Heck, I don't have to pay attention! But I do anyway, and knitting in class as well isn't going to change that.

Maer^ier

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:18 pm
I only bring simple projects, like scarves, to school, and only when i don't have to be taking notes. I got a little bit of trouble for bringing my metal knitting needles, when i was working in size 15s, but since i got bamboo and moved to college they decided it wasn't a problem.

My highschool decided that bubbles weren't allowed because "It could pop in somebody's eye". Or "they'll make the ground slippery". Its not like we were blowing them inside...  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:33 am
I used to sit and bead during work when I worked as a computer tech. I dont do that anymore (wasnt getting enough hours), but I still take beading to school and sit and work on it during breaks in classes.  

Silver Mist

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:43 pm
Silver Mist
I used to sit and bead during work when I worked as a computer tech. I dont do that anymore (wasnt getting enough hours), but I still take beading to school and sit and work on it during breaks in classes.

I have a hard time with the concept of bringing beading to school. What if the beads spilled? gonk
what do you use for transporting?  
Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces