View Results

BeMuled MissBeth

Shameless Fairy

19,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:48 am
Alright, before having read anything in this thread I already disliked what I had heard about Howard. Although, as Wellzy pointed out, he is a marvelous politician in that he's scheming and underhanded.

However, I've heard equal amounts, if not more, horrible things about the competition.

I think what it should boil down to is a larger scale change for the country. This, of course, is only my opinion seeing as how I've never set foot on Aussie soil (*pouts and sighs*). Perhaps it's time to encourage the start up of a new political party. An entirely different type of government who are about the people and the country itself rather than the money or the American arse-kissing contests. After all, any political party consists of members of the country. *shrugs* It's entirely possible. Just takes motivation, ambition and determination. We already know Australia has all of those! 4laugh Now it's just a matter of getting you guys off the beach. *winks* lol  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:44 pm
BeMuled MissBeth
Alright, before having read anything in this thread I already disliked what I had heard about Howard. Although, as Wellzy pointed out, he is a marvelous politician in that he's scheming and underhanded.

However, I've heard equal amounts, if not more, horrible things about the competition.

I think what it should boil down to is a larger scale change for the country. This, of course, is only my opinion seeing as how I've never set foot on Aussie soil (*pouts and sighs*). Perhaps it's time to encourage the start up of a new political party. An entirely different type of government who are about the people and the country itself rather than the money or the American arse-kissing contests. After all, any political party consists of members of the country. *shrugs* It's entirely possible. Just takes motivation, ambition and determination. We already know Australia has all of those! 4laugh Now it's just a matter of getting you guys off the beach. *winks* lol

There essentially is, The Greens. They get my vote. 3nodding  

WellzY
Crew

Cute Cute Bakery

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:04 pm
omg ... heart

his eyebrows r so freakin gigantic! mrgreen

heart ... Im'a Turtle

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:41 am
He's pretty much a complete douche, then again who would you rather in power? At least Johnny's had a fair amount of experience.. It's kind of a lose-lose situation with our government... stare  

Simonluvs69

Xan-Phorie Rei

Shy Unicorn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:10 pm
Liberal's been in power too long though, they realise that no matter what they do people will just vote them in because people are afraid of change.

Personally, I think we could use a bit of change. and I don't mean 'YAY LETS MAKE THINGS NUCLEAR!' kinda change  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:06 pm
Lest we forget that dear Johnny got us out of MAMMOTH debt incurred by the previous Labor government. I dunno. I dont have a thing for Johnny. He's an idiot, he's done some really really stupid things. But hey, everyone says we suck up to America too much. Look at our borders vs our national population. Look at our defense forces. They are ludicrous. And rather than having us tax payers fund more soldiers to guard our backsides why wouldn't we just make friends with the rest of the world!? Suck suck...I dont mind, it saves me, you, your parents, joe bloggs down the street a lot of money time and effort. I disagree with many things our government does, none that include our foreign relations. By all accounts Johnny has done -well- considering the state the country was in when he got it dumped in his lap. Mind you, I dont vote for him, I vote for the fact that he's got a wide vareity of very skilled politicians under him, advising him. Which is a helluva lot more than Labor's got going for them at the moment.

In my oppinion he's the lesser of two evils?! rolleyes  

Falethial

Black-Almaz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:06 am
Falethial
Lest we forget that dear Johnny got us out of MAMMOTH debt incurred by the previous Labor government. I dunno. I dont have a thing for Johnny. He's an idiot, he's done some really really stupid things. But hey, everyone says we suck up to America too much. Look at our borders vs our national population. Look at our defense forces. They are ludicrous. And rather than having us tax payers fund more soldiers to guard our backsides why wouldn't we just make friends with the rest of the world!? Suck suck...I dont mind, it saves me, you, your parents, joe bloggs down the street a lot of money time and effort. I disagree with many things our government does, none that include our foreign relations. By all accounts Johnny has done -well- considering the state the country was in when he got it dumped in his lap. Mind you, I dont vote for him, I vote for the fact that he's got a wide vareity of very skilled politicians under him, advising him. Which is a helluva lot more than Labor's got going for them at the moment.

In my oppinion he's the lesser of two evils?! rolleyes

very well said...i'm voting for him again...for real  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:49 pm
Daylight Atheist
He's the lesser of two evils. Look at the alternative...

LABOR!

*shudders*

Kevin Rudd and the entire labor party just can't govern. See the Queensland Labor government? Made a complete c**k-up of the south-easts water systems. Health systems still suck, and the list goes on.

first things first, never confuse state governments with the federal one. two totally different scenarios, and two different breeds. hell, one could argue howard's distribution of the GST (evenly to all the states, even though the east coast contributes more), could actually help to hinder certain state governments. to add to this, the Labor government has handed scandle and problems to the Liberals on a platter here in NSW, yet less than a month out from the election they still trail miserably in the polls

as for that mammoth debt, it was actually taking advantage of the situation, not actually being a so-called savior. Paul Keating was right: it was a recession we had to have, a correction felt not only here, but around the world, and we could be heading that way again soon. hell, interest rates are on the rise again, so it proves how much control the government, or any government, really has on the situation.

personally, those who have known me, either from ED-P here or elsewhere (though i doubt it) know i refer to him as Lil' Johnny Rotten. he may have done some good things, but they were about 10 years ago. in the last 6 years, from going into iraq onwards, it has gone down hill. whilst i actually think it was a good idea bringing the GST in, he blatantly lied and got elected saying he wasnt going to do that. couple that with what could be dubbed iraq-gate, and you have a track record of lying. personally, even though he thinks not, i feel he is past his retirement age, and is probably going a bit senile. to say Rudd hasnt got any leadership is a bit jumping the gun at the moment, because he is pretty much untested, although he has been one of the more vocal members of the labor party after Beazley since the last election, so it should prove interesting. at least he would have had more time to be groomed for the position than Mark Latham, although I have noticed that he has had some.... others working behind the scenes. probably the biggest advantage he has got is that since the IR laws were changed, there has been a big topic showing the difference between the two parties, whereas until then, like in america, there was little showing the difference between the two parties.  

Lynx Raven Raide

Black-Almaz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:10 pm
why does every one thin k it was a bad thing to go to iraq...we the soldiers love it..think about if all we do is sit at home and train..it gets really quickly..and the pay is prity bed for grunts that dont deply.

we love to travel see and help those people....one of my mates was blackhawk medivac mission in afgan.....he loved the people there and should us the movie of how they greated, and farewelled afterwords. its very touching how alot of people welcome the australian army over others  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:33 pm
Black-Almaz
why does every one thin k it was a bad thing to go to iraq...we the soldiers love it..think about if all we do is sit at home and train..it gets really quickly..and the pay is prity bed for grunts that dont deply.

we love to travel see and help those people....one of my mates was blackhawk medivac mission in afgan.....he loved the people there and should us the movie of how they greated, and farewelled afterwords. its very touching how alot of people welcome the australian army over others
there is always afganistan... or east timor... or whatever pacific nation wants to have an upheaval this week...
actually the biggest problem with iraq is that we followed the US into an illegal war, and out international standing suffered because of it.  

Lynx Raven Raide

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:38 am
A western style democracy in Iraq would probably be better then what she had before-hand, but it's certainly nothing like a western-style democracy yet, and based on 'evidence' that was used to go into the region, I'm surprised not more people are outraged by it.

Also, even though there is little difference between the Liberal and Labour party these days, I prefer Labour. However, above them all I prefer the Greens. It will be good to see a party with morals and concerns for the future actually do something about it.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:05 am
WellzY
A western style democracy in Iraq would probably be better then what she had before-hand, but it's certainly nothing like a western-style democracy yet, and based on 'evidence' that was used to go into the region, I'm surprised not more people are outraged by it.

Also, even though there is little difference between the Liberal and Labour party these days, I prefer Labour. However, above them all I prefer the Greens. It will be good to see a party with morals and concerns for the future actually do something about it.

actually i was democrats but now greens myself. the 'crats seem to have gone down the gurgler  

Lynx Raven Raide

Black-Almaz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:03 am
Lynx Raven Raide
Black-Almaz

there is always afganistan... or east timor... or whatever pacific nation wants to have an upheaval this week...
actually the biggest problem with iraq is that we followed the US into an illegal war, and out international standing suffered because of it.

has any one done history in school, since when has war ever been legal war. people wanted and invaded, for riches or religen, concvest.

war creats jobs and i'm shore australia is getting allot of money for helping the americans

and how have we been lost international standing??

the french went in, the poms, the japs and the thats who we defend. and a rather large un force is lurking around as well....

afgan that place has proven a challange to the russians, and now to the united force there....and any other country around australia has actually asked for our help every time.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am
Johnny's has had a good run, i dont agree with some of the crap that he's done, such as IR, and the american arse-kissing, but he's done alright, politics isnt my thing... but if i were running this country, il'd scrap the IR, or at least modify them a bit (like a weeks notice/trial, rather than you can lose your job at a drop of a hat) and scrap the nuclear power laws, and supply the grid with nuclear power, and use the waste product as a product of energy. *think space exploration etc*

but yeah im tired and dreamy... lol  

scruffy012

Lynx Raven Raide

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:22 pm
Black-Almaz
Lynx Raven Raide
Black-Almaz

has any one done history in school, since when has war ever been legal war. people wanted and invaded, for riches or religen, concvest.

war creats jobs and i'm shore australia is getting allot of money for helping the americans

and how have we been lost international standing??

the french went in, the poms, the japs and the thats who we defend. and a rather large un force is lurking around as well....

afgan that place has proven a challange to the russians, and now to the united force there....and any other country around australia has actually asked for our help every time.

actually, you are thinking afganistan there. i believe the french have nothing do so with iraq, it is pretty much the yanks, the poms and us there. hell, the UN were actually against it. as for money that we are getting out of it, i doubt we would get much. america would be taking credit for all our successes, and we have only got 14,000 troops over there anyway, compared to the ammount of yanks (hehe, and even then we are doing a better job). we went in there for false reasons, based on falsified information, and are now coming out looking not like australia, but america jr. which isnt a good thing.  
The Official Australian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff