Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Emo is the new normal! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Redwing~Shadow

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:31 pm
where the hell did emo become a trend in the first place. All I see it as is just another trend that ppl are trying to put onthemselves and to fit into society. the emo deal had gone a bit far, for example how ppl say that emo is all about ppl who complain and cut themselves...where the hell did that ideal come from. Emo is just another lable, honestly. it dosnt make a difference about that person, and honestly hearing stuff about emos and their trend is a little tiering.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:54 pm
......sorry I haven't been on here in a while....but I'm here now....

.....as for the whole "Emo is the Norm" thing........this is all overrated......originally didn't emo stand for emotional?.....if thats the case the only way some one isn't emo is if they are incredibly cold hearted and have no emotions......

....that and humans wish to define everything.......and each has their own interpretaion and is influenced by those around them.......eventually the norm will cycle through all culture types and dissect them till they aren't even a real culture anymore....and through this cycle new subcultures will arise....

so I say lets stop defining every god damn thing and just live the way we feel right (uninfluenced by cultures of any type).....  

OverlordMMM

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:02 pm
OverlordMMM

.....as for the whole "Emo is the Norm" thing........this is all overrated......originally didn't emo stand for emotional?.....if thats the case the only way some one isn't emo is if they are incredibly cold hearted and have no emotions......

....that and humans wish to define everything.......and each has their own interpretaion and is influenced by those around them.......eventually the norm will cycle through all culture types and dissect them till they aren't even a real culture anymore....and through this cycle new subcultures will arise....

so I say lets stop defining every god damn thing and just live the way we feel right (uninfluenced by cultures of any type).....

Emo didn't mean "Emotional", it meant "Emotive Hardcore Punk Rock" (but "Emo" is quicker than saying those four words)

Mostly, we do need labels for things, because names are how we identify things. But in a way I agree with you, because from the labels and definitions of different subcultures, there sometimes comes elitists from insiders and hatred from outsiders.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:05 pm
Emo music is basically just the new popular genere of music (think Grunge in '94). And it sucks and ruined my local ska/metal scene. Also the problem that I have is that goth, emo, spookykidism are all being confused. I mean if it's based upon music it's goddamn obvious, but I mean so many kids think that amy lee and marilyn manson are mad gawth. Or that anything with dark leanings- Misfits or many Metal groups are goth. Gawd, I rant too much. dramallama  

bluerain202

Sparkly Prophet

bluerain202

Sparkly Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:09 pm
Dead Ed
OverlordMMM

Emo didn't mean "Emotional", it meant "Emotive Hardcore Punk Rock" (but "Emo" is quicker than saying those four words)

Mostly, we do need labels for things, because names are how we identify things. But in a way I agree with you, because from the labels and definitions of different subcultures, there sometimes comes elitists from insiders and hatred from outsiders.

Emotive means emotionally motivated so there isn't too much of a difference. I disdain fretfully calling it either hardcore or punk rock, as I've never seen an emo band be political once. And whoppee you have hardcore breakdowns, if you use a stylistic component of a music genre that doesn't mean that it *is* that genre.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:53 pm
Dead Ed
OverlordMMM

lables arnt nessecarily a bad thing. your right. their names that give ppl individuality. but as far as that goes, the emo trend seems to overated. the only reason ppl think it relates to emotion is becasue you hear ppl that are emo complaining over almost anything, and ppl that think of suicide, which that is pushing it a little. And how does the term even relate to music? it relates to so many different concepts, on how emos are always depressed, and how they just mimic off the goths...it just brings ppl to make more stereotypes.  

Redwing~Shadow

Mage The Red

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:32 pm
Now, I could rant on and on, but I can't. One thing's for sure though. Emo is just a genre of music. Whoever came up with the idea to become "Emo" was obviously somewhat insane. It may have stolen a lot of good friends of mine, but I don't care. One of my friends seems to be strolling down to the Emo phase. I mean, he doesn't even look like it, but from the music, I believe so.

No offense, I don't mind what he does. Just saying, though. Also, this fad has gone far enough. The people who think they're emo have just got to stop. They can still dress like this and stuff, but they need to know how this genre began! I mean, gee. Get some more info or something, if necesary.

One last thing. I do not like the people that want to cut themselves because they say the pain calms them. THAT'S BULLSHIT. Pain can sometimes be a calming thing, but that only goes for some. I've caused pain to myself, and I was never calm. I hated the pain. I always wanted it to go away. I even tried to stop it myself if it wasn't very severe. I never liked the feeling of pain.

Now, tell me people who cut themselves because they're depressed. Is that the right thing to do when depressed? Shouldn't you talk to someone you can trust, like a really cool adult who knows what you're dealing with? It isn't necessary to use self-mutilation to deal with emotional troubles.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:32 pm
evilfaerie13
Emo is just a fad personally, just like all of the old styles and s**t that are coming back. I think it will pass and if it doesn't, meh just somehting else to shut up and put up with... again a personal opinion.

it was origonally for a music genre...which sucked, and always will  

The Dadalorian

Stargazer Dante

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:26 am
also with emo fasion so close to goth im worrying we might go mainstream too.most goths are goth to be ourselves and different,if we go mainstream that would suck.im hoping to hell that gangsters and preps somehow knock the emos the hell out of mainstream,alot of emos dont want mainstream and goths dont want to go mainstream.

I SED MAINSTREAM 5 TIMES LOL  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:28 am
id rather be called a goth kid and told i worship satan than having tons of wannabee goth kids running around.  

Stargazer Dante

Samantiane

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:45 am
Sadly, I think the whole Emo thing is starting to get a bit mainstream. I mean, where I live, I work at the local Hot Topic and sometimes I feel like Goth and Punk are actually becoming more or less the alternative subcultures and Emo is the new mainstream look. I mean, I wore thick black framed glasses long before I knew what Emo was, and suddenly now all these weird middle school and high school Emo kids think I'm, like, a trendsetter or something.
And her eI am going "DUDE! I dressed like this when you were still in diapers!!!!"
*sigh* I'm not even Emo and I get this.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:31 am
Isel
I'm flat-out ******** tired of hearing that word used to describe anything.

Because nobody thinks it's used correctly, everyone and their cat is an expert on it now that all these bands are coming out with the word as their label. It's the source of arguments on a daily basis, it's become a term for collective emotions, everyone who isn't calling themselves emo is denying it or hating it. It's a thing that should not be, and a thing that serves to disgust me upon sight.

No music is emo, not nowadays! Of course not! There's always some distinguishing factor! This individualist half-a** indie culture has become normal now and nobody can deal with the hot iron rod that's shoved into their minds to brand them with the fact it's ******** senseless.

Anyway, I'm all for banishing use of the term, regarding anything.

bravo!

my freinds call me emo because i like depressing music. but the music i like doesn't sound at all like the basic stereotypes, fall out boy and hawhorne hights.
they are the ones that listen to red jumpsuit apparatus and MCR. i think they are just dissing nonmainstream music in general. they'd probably call the cure emo.

some examplesof non emo depressing music:
bright eyes-amy in the white coat
the dresden dolls-slide  

Maggoty Anne

Elochai Sammael

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:54 am
Hey, who remembers when cutting used to be a "goth thing"?

bluerain202
(think Grunge in '94).

Are you making fun of grunge? Do I have to kill you? (j/k)  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:19 pm
I say live and let live.

If somebody's emo, they're emo. I don't hold that against them. It's just become too confusing as to what "emo" is, thanks to all the stereotypes people make, half of which contradict themselves now. It's stupid. If you're emo, be emo, if you're punk, be punk, just be what you want to be, and let everybody else be themselves too.

Anyway, what's wrong with grunge? D:  

Ether-Eating Eskimo

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas