Ancestral lineage/family history Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

weeping pixie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:15 am
WellzY
Quite possibly, although he didn't marry my Grandmah untill after my mum and dad had been married, but he was very influential. He taught me dad to be more affectionate and hug his family, which he's spread to his side of the family now. 3nodding

yeh polish man are big with the man hugs lol  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:22 pm
oh boy... *takes deep breath*
I'm a mish mash of pretty much every european nation out there, mostly scott and irish on dad's side, and well pretty much everything else on mum's side. i've also got a smattering of Indian (india indian) and i'm really the only one in my family to show it in my darker skin (it's still white, but it's darker than my sister's or my parents) and my dark brown almost black eyes.
As far as i'm aware both sides of the family were free settlers, and i'm supposedly, (supposedly as in my pop told me and i don't know the whole truth so i have no idea if it's true or not...) related to Ned Kelly by marrige. and i'm also related by marrige to Enya's (yes the famous "celtic" singer...) sister Moiya [Moy-aire](also a "celtic" singer...but a christian one instead)

so yah...there is is... i'm so much of a mongrel...

Elerina

Apocalyptic Warrior

27,375 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle Hardened 150

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:53 am
Elerina
As far as i'm aware both sides of the family were free settlers, and i'm supposedly, (supposedly as in my pop told me and i don't know the whole truth so i have no idea if it's true or not...) related to Ned Kelly by marrige.

We're supposedly related to Ned Kelly through marriage as well, but it's the vaguest relation ever. Something like my greatgrandmothers aunty married his brother or something rediculous like that. xp  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:59 am
weeping pixie
StreekG
Being Hungarian along with the rest of the family, all i can say is... we have a history that involves heavy.... heavy... heavy drinking...

Bloody Hungarians...

its the excuse i use for almost any question asked...

'Why drink so much?' Hey, im Hungarian
'Nice Car, that must've set you back aye?' Yeah, well im Hungarian
'Would you go out with me' Sorry, im Hungarian (one day i will actually use that)

all i can say is "kurwa"

polish born and raised...came here in 93...

heritage all polish...

if you wana date me you must eat alot, drink alot and play soccer or like boxing lol

you know you're polish when your relos make you eat 24/7, love your meat and potatoes
we invented vodka hehe...
lol, almost me to the letter, but i dont like soccer

and i can never have enough meat or potatoes  

iamNOTanidiot

shells_of_sand

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:30 am
My Dad's side issssss some random number of generations back, from England. But.... in some extremely distant, complicated way, we're related to two people from the first fleet xp .
My grandmother on my Mum's side is from Switzerland, and my Grandfather is from Romania... except that the border changed, so his parents are actually Hungarian.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:14 am
I'm a mongrel. Part German but mostly Scotish and Irish...drink like the irish too...Proud of my Scottish/irish, but the german side I could do without...ppl hear it and instantly ask me if I'm related to hitler.... stare
if I was, It's not something I'd parade...

and NO...the Irish are not characterised by red hair like some moron in my dormitory argued with me about in first year. Most of us are derived from the gypsy's (ie. me) and have dark hair, pale skin and pale blue or mostly green eyes...sorry just a little bit of info thar...

ethuil

DNA_Guru
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:46 am
Ooh to be sure. I swear, I don't think any of me rellies have had any type of ginger hair. [/Irish accent]  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:13 am
DNA_Guru
Ooh to be sure. I swear, I don't think any of me rellies have had any type of ginger hair. [/Irish accent]

the fairest of my rellies is my auntie k who has light brown hair. I'm the darkest. RAWR! Me and my mayte nick compete all the time to who has more gypsy in them. I won.  

ethuil

DNA_Guru
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 7:43 am
XD
I'm blonde what's that mean? domokun

Yeah, I don't think any of my rellies have black hair. O:  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:10 am
ethuil
I'm a mongrel. Part German but mostly Scotish and Irish...drink like the irish too...Proud of my Scottish/irish, but the german side I could do without...ppl hear it and instantly ask me if I'm related to hitler.... stare

Ah, don't yee be be ashamed of your German heritage. Just because the government at one particular time was corrupt and crazy doesn't mean every one else was gonk I know the germans in my family came here to get away from all that. They were refugees man. REFUGEES.  

EmWah
Crew

ethuil

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:08 pm
EmWah
ethuil

Ah, don't yee be be ashamed of your German heritage. Just because the government at one particular time was corrupt and crazy doesn't mean every one else was gonk I know the germans in my family came here to get away from all that. They were refugees man. REFUGEES.

so were mine. Just idiotic people making snide remarks because they think they are so high and mighty coming from places like America and what not really get up my nose... gonk

DNA: Nick's almost blonde and he's aas irish as can be...it just depends. I'm just gypsy-fied...I'm a freak though. am the ONLY person in my entire family with green eyes. eek

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:36 pm
DNA_Guru
XD

Blonde hair is usually (I think, not solid evidence) the sign of the old Celts, which weren't confined to the North of Europe, and also in habited other main-land moutainous areas of Europe, before being pushed out.

Anyway, yes, most likely Celtic. 3nodding  

WellzY
Crew

DNA_Guru
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:45 pm
WellzY
DNA_Guru
XD

Blonde hair is usually (I think, not solid evidence) the sign of the old Celts, which weren't confined to the North of Europe, and also in habited other main-land moutainous areas of Europe, before being pushed out.

Anyway, yes, most likely Celtic. 3nodding

I swear my ancestors were vikings. gonk
They came from Scandanavia to Normandy thus becoming Normans who then invaded England. But then again I could be a Celt on my Mother's side. :B
It's likely I'm slightly Celtic, but I mean, in England who really hasn't mixed with Celts. They were a very predominant race. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:49 pm
DNA_Guru
I swear my ancestors were vikings. gonk
They came from Scandanavia to Normandy thus becoming Normans who then invaded England. But then again I could be a Celt on my Mother's side. :B
It's likely I'm slightly Celtic, but I mean, in England who really hasn't mixed with Celts. They were a very predominant race. 3nodding

The Vikings were Celts to an effect, decended from them anyway I'm guessing.

What's your surename, that might tell you if you have a Viking heritage. My friend with the surname Ormsby, originating from thr Viking Orm.  

WellzY
Crew

DNA_Guru
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:52 pm
Mine be Musgrave. I took a little viking test a while ago and it told me that I was a settler that broke off from the vikings sorta early on. I really do believe I'm a Norman.  
The Official Australian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff