Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Gothy Decorating Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

infektionxx

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:28 am
Oh Sh*t That was meant to be a PM to...uh...someone special sweatdrop Disregard please  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:17 am
EvFaerAshlynn
Where exactly can one get little white faerie lights, Veru? That's a really awesome idea.

My friend is going to splatter-paint one of her walls with black and white.

i know you can get glow in the dark ones at dollarama for a christmas tree,but it would look cool at night hanging from the ceiling.

my room is checkered.i have two black walls and two white walls(the blacks are acrost from eachother and so are the white)

my ceiling had these big tile like square things so my ceiling is checkered black and white.

and the splattering the wall thing sounds sweet(i thing it would look cool in black/red or black/pink too  

Stargazer Dante

DreamerSpirit

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:23 am
GilAskan
As with goth make-up, the number one rule to goth decorating is "Don't go overboard". Keep it simple and it'll look good. Force TOO much in and it'll come off as a gimmick, or as tacky collecting.

Go for a nice Victorian-floral or vertical-stripe wall paper, in deep purple or green. Dark-stained hardwood floors look gorgeous in combination with the wallpaper. Tie it all together with floor, crown, and chair molding and it'll look amazing. For some atmosphere, keep the light low.

Also, some singular suggestions:

- Never make anything black, only dark colors.
- Don't use too many gargoyles or stone-pieces. Too many will look tacky, like you collect them the way old ladies collect cat-statuettes or garden-gnomes.
- Floral and ivy patterns look great, but make sure all the colors work well together. Don't have a bright blue and pink couch up against a dark purple ivy-pattern wall.
- Book shelves look intelligent only if you have intelligent books to fill them.
- If you must put up posters (such as those of bands or movies), frame them. It WILL make a difference.
- Light CAN be a good thing. Don't cut your room off from all light. Little or dim light hurts some people's eyes as well.
- If you're going to hang paintings and photographs, again, make sure they fit (in color scheme) where they're going.
- Don't mix goth styles in one room. Cyber-goth and victorian goth styles don't mix well in decoration.
- Creatively hide modern appliances, if you feel they're out of place. Draping a nice sheet or clothe is an inexpensive solution, or, if you have the money, keep your electronics (TV, DVD player, etc.) in a big wood armoire that matches the other wood in the room.

I agree with all of that, except not using ANY black. I would discourage using black as the main color of a room, but if it's only used as an accent color, it can look quite nice.
For example, my room is done in a mainly red color scheme, but I used dark brown, black, and gold as accent colors, and it looks quite nice.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:38 am
gothindenial
Ideas/projects or tips on/about gothy deco/decorating!

you could always get skull and crossbone items/ statues, dragons are also a good thing. As far as paint goes i would say red, black, dark blue, or gray......  

Devils_lilboy

Bakurish

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:56 pm
Oh, I'm glad I found this topic! heart

Okees, so since I'm a very earth-y type girl, I go to this place in the mall (I'm not sure if it's in every mall, but...) called Earthbound, where it has these great decorative items like paper lanterns and beads to hang in front of doorways and candles and insence and such. I haven't been there in a while, but if I remember, it's fairly cheap.

And sometimes, Hot Topic has some awesome stuff. You have to go at certain times, like after holidays to get them, though, and they are a bit on the expensive side.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:03 pm
Try this site: www.pyramidcollection.com

They have some really good goth/spiritual/new-agey stuff there. I was introduced to it when my now-ex-boyfriend brought a Pyramid Collection catalogue to my house and we looked through it. I think that was the last thing we ever bonded over before we broke up. Anyway, they have some good home/garden stuff you could check out.  

Freedom Fire

Lexiegirl

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:54 pm
Whilest looking for victorian decor, I stumbled across this lovely site:
http://www.designtoscano.com/index.jsp

It has alot of beautiful victorian funiture, but tends to be expensive.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:13 pm
I've always managed to keep my room gothy. It helps when you have stuff like this:
User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

And these don't hurt either I guess:

User Image

User Image

Ever since I got Voltair's book Paint It Black I have been scrambling for more and more things to do. You can make your own things so easily, I love it!

Pour example *flounces*:

Make your own shelves by buying/finding/salvaging drawers, painting them and drilling them to your wall. Sounds dodgy, but get the book and you'll understand.

Wine bottle candle holders. I did a few of these, they're hot. Spray paint them black, put a pic on it of you like and just let the wax build up. Mine look sick.

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

Maggoty Anne

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:07 am
i just moved into a new house, and my walls are red, but the paint job is awful. i am using red satin sheets and a comforter, though, and they look sort of vampire/seductress eske. its hard to be 14, i cant have my room the way i want it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:14 am
black flowers,colorful fairies,dolls,cats ,and the rock star poster ...  

Paula with Love

OG Member

6,700 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • 1 Win 50
  • Gender Swap 100

infektionxx

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:44 am
I'm 14 too, and it's VERY VERY annoying!! I can't do anything to my room, coz Mum doesn't want to encourage my "gothiness" (actually what she said!!). I don't even want it painted black or anything!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:44 pm
Eep... I finally cleaned my room enough to get some photos of it! (I do really need to vaccum though... ^^;; )

User Image
My Bookcase.

User Image
My Bed.

User Image
My Reading Corner.

User Image
A shelf on my wall.

User Image
My *very* cluttered WWII Trunk... I keep most of my art supplies in it and on top of it.

More photos of my room can be found here if anyone isinterested: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v35/dreamerspiritt/Bedroom/  

DreamerSpirit

DreamerSpirit

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:51 pm
*looks around at Spooky's room*

I love, love, LOVE, your room! ^___^

It's got a really cool pop-ish (as in colorful and bold) look, yet with a very distinct gothy look to it!

Very cool! heart

Thanks for sharing your pics. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:44 pm
DreamerSpirit
*looks around at Spooky's room*

I love, love, LOVE, your room! ^___^

It's got a really cool pop-ish (as in colorful and bold) look, yet with a very distinct gothy look to it!

Very cool! heart

Thanks for sharing your pics. 3nodding

Why thankyou! That's exactly what I was going for!

Gonna have to do it all again though- my room is being turned into a hallway, a bathroom and a drying cupboard. Hurrah for extensions rolleyes
I do get to repaint, that's fun. It's the packing and unpacking I can't stand.

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

ketchakik

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:57 pm
wow i love your room too spooky..expecially the bookshelf...
it looks so cluttered but still neat.....kinda a deliberate mess.....  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff