Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 1: Marketplace Hangout
How to be a Honest and Successfull Marketplacer Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bubble Dreams

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:51 pm
You guys sound very Marketplace-savvy. I like it. ^_~

I've been selling items for a while now on two accounts (my other account is Scabby Bee). I go through periods where I don't have time to be on Gaia to watch the Marketplace as closely as some, which is why I horde items. I tend to buy a coveted item for as cheap as I can and then save it until the price skyrockets.

The only problem is, it doesn't always. sweatdrop

But, I would say my best buy was the Nitemare Bustier for 8000g. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:24 am
DAMNfool

I've been selling items for a while now on two accounts (my other account is Scabby Bee). I go through periods where I don't have time to be on Gaia to watch the Marketplace as closely as some, which is why I horde items. I tend to buy a coveted item for as cheap as I can and then save it until the price skyrockets.

8k bustier nice, how long ago??  

[Kushiki Byakuya]

BTKC

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:08 pm
Okay, I'm going to try and keep this short and simple.

The whole thing about buying something when the prices look like they are going to rise and stuff like that is basically useless for someone without much patience or gold.

If you are one of those people without much patience or gold, then you should do what I did. Find something cheap in the marketplace, like a Lucky Star for example, and make sure the two cheapest ones that are available to buy have a fairly good amount between them, like 50g+ or something like that. Buy the cheapest and then sell it a little higher, maybe only 1-5g away from the next one. If someone sells lower than you, just buy it from them and sell it at the same price. With something cheap and easy to sell like Lucky Stars, you will make a pretty good profit and you can almost always buy any that sell cheaper than you! mrgreen

PM me if you have questions.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:10 am
[Kushiki Byakuya]
DAMNfool

8k bustier nice, how long ago??

lol... like winter 2004. sweatdrop  

Bubble Dreams

fly_man

Blessed Phantom

8,750 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:36 am
good times.

I bought a butterfly matilla at 28k and then I sold it for 32.5k good profit.

also if you buy some event items they sell high around that time or in a few years.

I bought jack's joy for 800g and a jack'et for 2300g and I got a sun staff and 6k for the both.

at the time the jack-et was 14k and the mask 9k I did'nt know so yeah I sort of got jipped but now the jack-et is downs to about 6k so I think it all worked out in the end.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:25 am
GinoLeTV
RingleaderOfTheTormentors
I dont know if anyone has said this, but if you buy something from the marketplace, dont always try to sell it for more than you bought it for. You should check the prices first, and sell it for slightly cheaper than the cheapest. If you dont want to do this, you can always horde it.
And also, some people are probably against this, but try checking out the time remaining part of the marketplace. You could bid on something cheap and sell it later for more...
I used to do the bid thing, but it became too stessful. Especially with larger bids you're investing thousands of gold (while still slightly cheaper than the lowest buy price) and yet someone can easily outbid you by one gold 10 seconds, or even 3 seconds, before the bid ends.

That is if the chicken s**t seller doesn't cancel the item at the last second.  

Francis Drake

[Bloody Angel]

Lonely Hunter

9,950 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Love Machine 150
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:16 pm
i remember how i bought my cn scarf for 6k [now it's worth 60k] and coco for 10k [now it's worth 90k].
what i hate in marketplace is that prices are growing so fast -_-"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:45 am
If your goal is to make profit; learn how to use the inflation and never use price guides, use the MP price.

If you're questing an item thats over 500k, don't waste your time selling your items and saving gold, instead, keep your items and buy more items(donation items).

Inflation is your friend. Questing an item that inflate quick is worth it because its value grows. Once you get the item, the only thing you need to do is wait till it inflate more and then trade it for something more valuable,but of course you have to add something with that if you want to upgrade.

And do not buy items at MP. Haggle at exchange.  

Crosslie

Ajimbura

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:27 pm
i'm not going to lie and say that im an experienced buyer but this i have gained from my experiences: at the beginning of each month when the sealeds come out buy some from the MP for 10-12k and then wait until the 15th or watever when u are able to choose from the items and then they will usually go up to about 15k in value for a bit and resell them then it doesnt always work but i have made a good profit from it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:13 am
Hi. I read your recommendations and think it´s all very well, polite and so on. I really liked it.
I'm glad you are portuguese just like me.
Keep de good work
Obrigada biggrin  

scorpiozinha

scorpiozinha

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:49 pm
I did win and loose gold in marketeplace, but usualy we win  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:42 pm
Your guide is very useful, thanks. I usually just leave if they don't bargain it my way, but then I discovered actually talking it out. It has helped a few of my bargains a lot. I am also more into hording because I usually just to short term things (just buy, sell right after) with items like lucky stars or something, and that has proven quite effect for me.  

BTKC

Visba

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:42 pm
A useful thing to remember when selling items is that PEOPLE ARE STUPID. It's true. You can sell store items for 1.5x their value and people will buy them. It might take a while, but it will happen. My friend Vampyre got 20k from doing this and doesn't even know what to do with it all rofl. I'm just trying to get enough money to get my witch cape and my lunar scythe that I want.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:40 am
I've bought OMFG for 78k for my avi to look cool, and day after, I saw it selling for 100k. I sold for 95k and got a lot of profit! 3nodding And this guide's great!  

Markyeo

yukino731

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:37 pm
So many great advices!!
THANKSSOMUCH PEOPLE^^ blaugh 3nodding  
1: Marketplace Hangout

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items