Welcome to Gaia! ::

+++The Fall of Roses+++

Back to Guilds

The story of Osiris City and the supernatural creatures which inhabit it. (Come play with us...) 

Tags: vampires, witches, werewolves, literate, semi-literate 

Reply Osiris City
The Talamasca Motherhouse Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

.David Talbot.
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:33 pm
The receptionist at the front desk, a fairly young girl who was new to the organization, spent a moment sifting through papers that she had scattered across the desk to find the intercom. At once she connected to Jillian, her voice wavering slightly as if she were nervous. "David's in a meeting now," the woman answered half-heatedly before the intercom clicked off and the young receptionist stood in slight confusion. "Mr. Talbot is unavailable at this moment," she said softly, busying herself again with her many papers, "I do apologize."
Meanwhile, David sat calmly in his office with the usual half-smile to his lips, nodding in agreement. "Very convenient. The overseer before me had it installed." He sat silently for a moment, considering, before he tapped the desk before Singe very softly to get his attention. "Since you're so annoyed being here right now," he began thoughtfully, "Why don't you go take care of our guest in the lobby?" Were Singe an even mildly enthusiastic person, he would have jumped at the chance to leave the office. But instead he merely shrugged it off and slunk out of the door. "Really, I don't know what's with the sudden flow of people around here tonight. But no matter." He pressed down the little record button on the intercom so that it lit up white and sat back once more. "There we are, all set. Anytime you're ready."
"...annoying people..." Singe muttered amid a low hum of noise from the adjoining hall, making a point of glaring at anyone who passed as he crossed the hall and quite literally slid down the stairs into the front room. "David told me to come down here," he said immediately in excuse to the receptionist, "Something or another about a guest." His only reply was a small gesture from her towards Rynn.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:06 pm
Sabata continued to wander around the building. After a while he found the receptionists desk. Whoops... I really need to be more careful wandering around. He walked up the the desk. "Excuse me, I'm looking for the file room, do you know where it is?"  

ninja of Persia

Average Doe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:09 pm
Ignoring the receptionist, who was valiantly trying to defend her employer, Jonas walked up to his door and tapped on the glass with his wedding ring. In the other hand he held a large, steaming, rich mug of strong Columbian coffee. A smug smile settled on his face, and her turned to knob on the door.
Jonas first peered carefuly into the room, letting only the part of his head that was necessary show. Then, more boldly than before, he stuck in his whole head and said with mock formality, "Van Davendeere, here. Reporting to duty, Sir." He made an effort to salute, but failed miserably, so he just opened the door a little wider, allowing most of his lanky figure to show.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:36 am
.David Talbot.
The receptionist at the front desk, a fairly young girl who was new to the organization, spent a moment sifting through papers that she had scattered across the desk to find the intercom. At once she connected to Jillian, her voice wavering slightly as if she were nervous. "David's in a meeting now," the woman answered half-heatedly before the intercom clicked off and the young receptionist stood in slight confusion. "Mr. Talbot is unavailable at this moment," she said softly, busying herself again with her many papers, "I do apologize."
Meanwhile, David sat calmly in his office with the usual half-smile to his lips, nodding in agreement. "Very convenient. The overseer before me had it installed." He sat silently for a moment, considering, before he tapped the desk before Singe very softly to get his attention. "Since you're so annoyed being here right now," he began thoughtfully, "Why don't you go take care of our guest in the lobby?" Were Singe an even mildly enthusiastic person, he would have jumped at the chance to leave the office. But instead he merely shrugged it off and slunk out of the door. "Really, I don't know what's with the sudden flow of people around here tonight. But no matter." He pressed down the little record button on the intercom so that it lit up white and sat back once more. "There we are, all set. Anytime you're ready."
"...annoying people..." Singe muttered amid a low hum of noise from the adjoining hall, making a point of glaring at anyone who passed as he crossed the hall and quite literally slid down the stairs into the front room. "David told me to come down here," he said immediately in excuse to the receptionist, "Something or another about a guest." His only reply was a small gesture from her towards Rynn.

Rynn turned to see a small boy regarding him with an extremely sullen expression. Flame red hair, no older than thirteen at the latest, and a rather impressive sense of power emanating from his small frame. He couldn't possibly be one of the Talamasca's experiments, Rynn decided within a split second. The mind he sensed from the boy indicated that he wouldn't take cheerily to anything such as that being forced upon him, certainly not willingly enough to be trusted out into the lobby to greet guests. Well, there was no sense in being anything but polite. He bowed his head ever-so-slightly. “Good day to you. My name is Rynn Calais. I have come to request access to the Talamasca libraries.” It was something of a refreshing change; no subtle hints of patronage or bribes, the simple words out front with no attempt of any sort at softening the essential meaning. Rynn knew the values of such skills, of course, and had often used them in arguments with his siblings, but instinct told him that such an approach wouldn't impress this child. This is an older soul than you. The thought flickered quickly through his mind, cutting through his ordinary ruminations like a knife and leaving him with an unexplained sense of trepidation.  

Rynn Calais

.David Talbot.
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:51 pm
"The file room is off limits to non-Talamascans. To gain access to a file, you must first have the overseer---David Talbot---send for it." This seemed to be the only thing the receptionist knew, but she knew it by the book. Singe only jabbed his thumb at her in reply to Rynn, glancing momentarily at the other vampire who stood at the desk. Finally he sat down two chairs away from the new guest, legs pulled up into the seat with him as he sat sideways, leering. "This means I have to wait," he hissed loudly, "Until David can see you. Damn him and his files." For a brief moment he took hold of the scrap of paper in his pocket, feeling the big rounded numbers and letters Antha had scribbled down and pondering calling her with fake fright and urging her to come immediately and save David from himself. That is, if she had even returned home.
Of course it would never work, but it was just lovely to dream.
David meanwhile sat smiling genially at Jonas, making a silent gesture for him to sit in Singe's vacant seat. Earlier in the day he had considered calling for Jonas but decided at the last moment against it. So this really worked out in his favor if anyone's.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:46 pm
Jonas draped himself carelessly in the stiff chair. Drinking deeply from his coffee, he shook the hair out of his eyes. "So," he began, "What do you have for me today?" He let his free hand hang limply over the armrest, fingering the air as if it were the anatomy of some beautiful imaginary woman. His voice had the thickness of days without sleep, and the nagging tone of caffine.
Jonas had a raging migrane, due partially to the hangover, and partially to the slow steady ticking of the clock. He just wanted sleep.  

Average Doe

ninja of Persia

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:29 pm
.David Talbot.
"The file room is off limits to non-Talamascans. To gain access to a file, you must first have the overseer---David Talbot---send for it." This seemed to be the only thing the receptionist knew, but she knew it by the book. Singe only jabbed his thumb at her in reply to Rynn, glancing momentarily at the other vampire who stood at the desk. Finally he sat down two chairs away from the new guest, legs pulled up into the seat with him as he sat sideways, leering. "This means I have to wait," he hissed loudly, "Until David can see you. Damn him and his files." For a brief moment he took hold of the scrap of paper in his pocket, feeling the big rounded numbers and letters Antha had scribbled down and pondering calling her with fake fright and urging her to come immediately and save David from himself. That is, if she had even returned home.
Of course it would never work, but it was just lovely to dream.
David meanwhile sat smiling genially at Jonas, making a silent gesture for him to sit in Singe's vacant seat. Earlier in the day he had considered calling for Jonas but decided at the last moment against it. So this really worked out in his favor if anyone's.

Sabata sighed, he didn't like doing this, not wanting to get mixed up with them, but... He reached into his pocket and showed her the card he was holding. It was a buissness card, the words "Mayfair and Mayfair Law Firm-- Vittorio Mayfair" were stamped in gold letters. "Can you speak with Mr. Talbot and ask him if I can see the histories of the city?"  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:16 pm
"Ah, I see." said Rynn, diverting his attention from the red-haired boy long enough to give the receptionist a brief, grateful smile. At least this information was given without begrudgement. Then, looking over his shoulder at the sitting child, he felt a trace of that insistent shudder, long cold fingers down his spine. "So..." he said, walking over, hands behind his back. "You'd be a friend of Mr. Talbot's, then? How do you know him?"  

Rynn Calais

XCandy and LunacyX
Captain

Rainbow Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:24 am
The girl stared hard at the card, eyes giving a thoughtful glimmer. "No exceptions," she said finally, voice strong with her final decision, "Talamascans only. Otherwise you have to see David. I believe the man over there by Singe is waiting to see David also." She jabbed a finger at Rynn and returned to her seat, immediately setting to work on filling in some long forms that had been set before her.
Singe paid no attention to the receptionist, however. For once he actually felt motivated to answer a question. "Talamasca hounds tracked me down a long ways back. Spent a month running from them. Gave in and joined finally. I've been here since before David was born." This seemed to give him some small bit of pride, causing a little impish grin to form on his lips. "And now I work for David." Truth be told he had never much cared for David Talbot---thought him too reserved, too soft---until their living coven master had brought the two together and they had no choice but to get along.
Back behind the boy at the reception desk the poor girl standing there gave a little shriek as a paper very near her hands burst into flames and within moments sat as a blanket of ash. Singe only grinned. "Gotta' watch out for those fire imps," he said with a teasing shake of his head, "They'll get you every time." The boy wasn't sure how, but by some fluke (as it surely must have been) Rynn had gotten off on the right foot with Singe.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:51 pm
+Rotting Lunacy+
The girl stared hard at the card, eyes giving a thoughtful glimmer. "No exceptions," she said finally, voice strong with her final decision, "Talamascans only. Otherwise you have to see David. I believe the man over there by Singe is waiting to see David also." She jabbed a finger at Rynn and returned to her seat, immediately setting to work on filling in some long forms that had been set before her.
Singe paid no attention to the receptionist, however. For once he actually felt motivated to answer a question. "Talamasca hounds tracked me down a long ways back. Spent a month running from them. Gave in and joined finally. I've been here since before David was born." This seemed to give him some small bit of pride, causing a little impish grin to form on his lips. "And now I work for David." Truth be told he had never much cared for David Talbot---thought him too reserved, too soft---until their living coven master had brought the two together and they had no choice but to get along.
Back behind the boy at the reception desk the poor girl standing there gave a little shriek as a paper very near her hands burst into flames and within moments sat as a blanket of ash. Singe only grinned. "Gotta' watch out for those fire imps," he said with a teasing shake of his head, "They'll get you every time." The boy wasn't sure how, but by some fluke (as it surely must have been) Rynn had gotten off on the right foot with Singe.

"Why'd you join?" Rynn asked, after giving the little pile of fine ash on the desk a moment of consideration. "Just because you were bored? I would think that that escaping such an establishment's attentions would give you enough trouble to keep things interesting for a while." He knew he would've found it fun. Half of the entertainment in life came from staving off inevitable events. Death had kept one of his brothers--Cian--merrily wrapped up in his own little world for two years so far.  

Rynn Calais

XCandy and LunacyX
Captain

Rainbow Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:50 am
"Not bored, tired. Didn't care, wasn't worth it to run or argue." If he were to ask anyone, they would tell him that Singe did nothing worthwhile; he only ran around causing trouble and irritating people. That was, after all, his passion. It was a shock David hadn't thrown him out. Nah, he's too nice for that kinda' stuff. It was a wonder to some, the few who knew the truth, why he had gone searching for the Talamasca in the first place as he obviously didn't care for what they did or stood for.
For a moment the word brother flashed into his head, an inexplicable and annoying occurrence, and Singe thought of his own. He had been dead for a good 300+ years now and it delighted Singe. The guy always had been an idiot void of any personality. "What do you wanna' see the library for anyways?" he asked suddenly, barely waking from his daze of thought.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:01 pm
((Sorry for this very overdue post I've been busy ><))

Grave leaned forward staring at the tiny button that was now responsible for the Talamasca filing him into their library. "Well I'm not sure where to begin I suppose I can just start with when I was first turned. I was around nineteen years of age when it happened and I was turned by a woman who abandoned me the moment I was turned. I didn't really understand what I had became at the time but the revelation came quick enough when I tried to step out into download. I am not one of those little cliche vampire heroes that you hear about who refuse to take the blood of humans unless it is a life or death situation I understand that I must feed daily like a human must feed daily. I have been wondering for... well isn't that funny I can't remember how many years I've been wandering. Recently I have taken into a vampire coven near by, which one I don't think I will reveal at this time. Beyond that I haven't been doing anything worth note really I've met some vampires who helped me survive through this time and I've helped a few myself. Is there anything else you require to know about me? And before you ask I left out my age because I myself have forgotten that, when you're immune to aging you tend not to pay attention to things like that. I am old enough to be considered an elder to most of these young vampires I'm constantly meeting..." Resting his head on his left arm he looked around the office one more time trying to bring forth the memories that had been locked away for so long.  

Nyknackpattywack

Sparkly Heckler

Osiris City

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas