Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Haircolor Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shiiba

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:34 pm
Only tip I can think about is if you ever want to bleach your hair; be very sure you want to because it stripps your hair and normally makes it very rough. But you probably know that sweatdrop

I've dyed my hair a couple times; I'm at a point where I'm alright with it right now so untill I get another idea of what I want I'm leaving it how it is. The front two streaks of my hair, which are about 5 inches longer than the rest of my hair, are very light blond. The rest of my hair is an auburn red type color.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:36 pm
i love dying my hair..i think (now that it's a light blonde) i'm gonna go and make it dark purple  

ketchakik

6shattered6chandelier6

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:43 pm
I'm considering dying my hair black too, however seeing as I can't do that for another year and a half, I'm just researching some stuff.

Vegetable oil semi-permanent dye sits on your hair and washes off after about eight washes. It's good if you just want to see a temporary shade before going straight for the permanent stuff.

My hair is naturally dark brown, so for my first dye job, I guess I just wanna try a darker brown before going straight to black.

Myself, I have always wanted to dye my hair black with electric blue streaks or tips.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:10 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Green and nearly white... I am so close ^_^  

VividGreenDawn

DR490N

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:14 pm
i've never messed with my hair much...i have very dark brown hair so it's hard to color it. i went blue-black and before that i went blonde...and i havent done anything since though i'm considering bleackign it again and going purple, though that'll be hard and costly because my hair is long now.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:35 pm
Hm...this reminds me of how I want to do my hair.

In which case.

QUESTION!

Are dark brown eyebrows dark enough to dye my hair black without it looking odd? If I ever decide to dye it black. So far I'm going with a kind of blue or purple. Or something. Maybe some random white. (I'll go think about it.)  

x Socks x

Faren_of_FaelThas

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:31 am
Veruniel
...If you want to know whether black hair would work on you, the best thing is to try on a wig. If it looks too stark, consider very dark brown instead. People may actually read it as black if you wear dark, dramatic goth clothes. I've also seen a dark, rich brown tone look really good with streaks of colour. It'd be great with purple or vampire red.

i think this lady had the right idea, try a wig first if you want to reach for black hair 3nodding

i've been thinking about just making my hair a couple shades lighter than normal. depending on the year/lighting my hair goes from black/VERY DARK grey to brown/dark brown to black/black. i'm thinking about dying a single lock completely white, somewhere on the back of my head mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:41 am
Well this morning I did a black cherry rinse, and when I put in the hair dye and even once I washed it out I could see a difference, but now my hair seems more like its normal color, even though it's still wet. I can't wait until it dries, but I think I'm gonna have to dye it again tonight or tomorrow.  

Freedom Fire

Faren_of_FaelThas

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:29 am
Freedom Fire
Well this morning I did a black cherry rinse, and when I put in the hair dye and even once I washed it out I could see a difference, but now my hair seems more like its normal color, even though it's still wet. I can't wait until it dries, but I think I'm gonna have to dye it again tonight or tomorrow.
sweet! mrgreen

do you think you do can send a pic of it?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:06 am
Wow, what responses! lol My hair originally was a epresso brunette color, but since it was so dark I died it black anyways and love it. [grins] My best friend said he wants white/silver hair w/ black tips so he can mimic Sephoroth on Final Fantasy.... XP I was going to add red tips, but I think I'll wait on that and try some other stuff first. My hair is kinda long so I wanna go get it kinda evened out and choppy so it's easier to style and not so thick to mess w/. I love how Davey Havok has his hair now! It's beautiful! [grins] Maybe I'll kinda play w/ it to look like his.... When he had long hair eveybody said I looked like him back then, so I think I'll give it a try. [smiles big]  

MysteryCross

1,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Shiiba

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:56 am
I wouldnt reccomend you dying your hair again that quickly after a dye job, its unhealthy for your hair. I normally wait about a week between dyeings if something went wrong with one of them or something..

Freedom Fire

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:01 am
GilAskan
A commonly overlooked option is silvery white hair. I myself think white hair looks great. It looks mature, clean, and all-around unique.

I've done the silver-white hair, it does look really good but it's unfortunately high maintainence. I naturally have pale blonde hair, so the lady just tinted it with a hint of purple but it washed out in a day or so. crying I'm going to try the Jazzing white hair tint in a little bit, when I have some vacation time and don't have to worry so much about it mucking up my hair for work.  

l.a.v.

Versatile Vampire

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Inquisitor 200

Lexiegirl

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:27 pm
I found a rather alternative hair salon where I get my color done.

The hair dresser I have there is rather experianced and tends to look at hair styling and cutting as an art form rather than just something to do for a living, which is what I love.

She is rather experianced with coloring and can blend colors into each other and such. I was thinking of having her blend a purple into blue next time I visit her. 3nodding

User Image

This is a picture of what she did with my hair last time. I was and still am rather pleased with it. At the tips it is orange and the bottom has faded into a gold color because it was highlighted before the color was put in. I now have rather firery hair. cool

Heres the website, should any of you happen to live near ferndale in michigan:
www.thrulunaseyes.com

They also have some very awesome photographs of some of the hair they have styled.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:35 pm
Well, my hair is dark brown.

The only reason I'm holding off on the dying is because my mother is .... problematic. But I want to either bleach my hair [like, as light as I can get it.] OR, dye it blue. Most likely streaked.

Knowing me, I'd probably move on to other colors after that.

AverageTyrant

Lexiegirl

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:36 pm
[ Brain Damage ]
Hm...this reminds me of how I want to do my hair.

In which case.

QUESTION!

Are dark brown eyebrows dark enough to dye my hair black without it looking odd? If I ever decide to dye it black. So far I'm going with a kind of blue or purple. Or something. Maybe some random white. (I'll go think about it.)

Probably.

If it doesn't work you can always go over your eyebrows a black eyeliner pencil. Works like a charm. 3nodding

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff