Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -
How did you meet the deities with Whom you work? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:53 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
Jameta
Nihilistic Seraph
Embyr Arrikanez
.. Well.. I trotted right up and spoke to Them.

Does it really have to be all that complicated?
For people newly-come to this world, it tends to be.
I really haven't contacted anyone/anything or been contacted yet. sweatdrop The oddest experiences I've had is through dreams, where I've actually heard and seen words. I also see many creatures that I try to draw as often as possible (although I'd rather forget the one I met last night), and I may have met my grandmother or great grandmother, those truly experienced in the Craft and other matters.
You should go. It's a very interesting/nice experience.
I worry, though; my family tends to attract some nasty things, ever since my grandma wasn't tooo wise with her 'powers'. And since I tried focusing last night, there was that thing...

I also forgot to mention I've had the same dream with someone. confused  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:56 pm
Jameta
Nihilistic Seraph
Jameta
Nihilistic Seraph
Embyr Arrikanez

I really haven't contacted anyone/anything or been contacted yet. sweatdrop The oddest experiences I've had is through dreams, where I've actually heard and seen words. I also see many creatures that I try to draw as often as possible (although I'd rather forget the one I met last night), and I may have met my grandmother or great grandmother, those truly experienced in the Craft and other matters.
I worry, though; my family tends to attract some nasty things, ever since my grandma wasn't tooo wise with her 'powers'. And since I tried focusing last night, there was that thing...

I've found that the harder you work at something, the better it is when you achieve it. And dare I ask about this dream?  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:37 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
Jameta
Nihilistic Seraph
Jameta
Nihilistic Seraph
Embyr Arrikanez

I've found that the harder you work at something, the better it is when you achieve it. And dare I ask about this dream?
Consider the scraggly thing from Lord of the Rings that is always muttering about his precious. Make it seven feet tall, grey, and little bit meatier with pointy-edge joints. Give him clawed hands with maybe four or three fingers, as well as clawed feet with four to two toes.

Now stretch his face to that of the joker and give him envious green eyes. Really stretch the corners of the mouth up and made the teeth long and pointy.

Scraggly pony-tail on the top of his head.

He's on a black coach with someone in a black coach, possibly the Reaper, but the Reaper is annoyed by this guy being there, or doesn't like him- he's throwing the coach off. There are no horses. I don't know where I am, but this grey guy is wanting to be in my face or hurting my family.

I wake up, and his face is still in my mind.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:27 am
The way I connect to the diety's that I worship (God/Goddress) I do Candle Wax Divination.  

QueenCrystal

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:33 am
Jameta
Nihilistic Seraph
Jameta
Nihilistic Seraph
Jameta
Nihilistic Seraph
Embyr Arrikanez

Consider the scraggly thing from Lord of the Rings that is always muttering about his precious. Make it seven feet tall, grey, and little bit meatier with pointy-edge joints. Give him clawed hands with maybe four or three fingers, as well as clawed feet with four to two toes.

Now stretch his face to that of the joker and give him envious green eyes. Really stretch the corners of the mouth up and made the teeth long and pointy.

He's on a black coach with someone in a black coach, possibly the Reaper, but the Reaper is annoyed by this guy being there, or doesn't like him- he's throwing the coach off. There are no horses. I don't know where I am, but this grey guy is wanting to be in my face or hurting my family.

Hmm, quite nasty. Have you contacted your guardian angel?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 10:47 am
Nihilistic Seraph
Jameta
Nihilistic Seraph
Jameta
Nihilistic Seraph
Jameta
Nihilistic Seraph
Embyr Arrikanez

As I've mentioned before, I really haven't contacted anything, nor has anything really contacted me, other than stuff that happens in dreams. I've been told by a psychic I had a guardian named Jenny, but as she screwed up reading my mother (saying I was a party animal or something) and me, I'm not positive that's it.  

Jameta
Captain

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:09 pm
Well, you don't have to be asleep to contact your guadian angel. You don't even have to go on a spirit journey. Just calm yourself, center and ground, and kind of say 'Hey, are you there?' inwards. Repeat if necessary. This perscription can be filled at your local metaphysical store blaugh  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:06 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
Well, you don't have to be asleep to contact your guadian angel. You don't even have to go on a spirit journey. Just calm yourself, center and ground, and kind of say 'Hey, are you there?' inwards. Repeat if necessary. This perscription can be filled at your local metaphysical store blaugh
I have tried; tried in the bath tub today, actually... not really anything. Then again, I have a problem with comlpetely focusing my mind, which may have to do with my psychological state.

Can't... stop... thinking. eek gonk scream xp domokun *spaz*  

Jameta
Captain

WebenBanu

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:39 pm
Embyr Arrikanez

No, but it can make for an interesting story when it is.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:51 pm
Nihilistic Seraph

Errrr.

Not all people have a guardian Angel.

There aren't enough Angels for that.

More than most people, however, have Guardians assigned to them at birth which will be glad to help you out and keep you from doing something stupid.

WebenBanu
Embyr Arrikanez

No, but it can make for an interesting story when it is.

Quite true!  

Archangel Calyphrael

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 6:43 pm
Through conversation with my guardian angel, I've puzzled out the nature that is the guardian angel. The guardian angel is yet one of the many facets of of the human mind*. Possibly the mental incarnation of the divine chakra. The angel however is not the steretypical "good shoulder". He or she rarely tells you the right thing to do. Instead, it's allmost the unconscious (or conscious if you in current rapport) helping to shiled and protect itself. If you don't have a guardian angel (my definition of one), you either have not yet awakened that side of you, or do not visualize the guadian figure as an angel. Voila!

*Writing this has brought up another thought. Different facets of the human mind. Facets of the divine. Perhaps all the facets of the divine are contained within the human mind, and speaking to them is speaking to yourself. Which makes very much sense as the divine is in everything. Even that bar of soap!
Excuse my random moment sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 7:50 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
Through conversation with my guardian angel, I've puzzled out the nature that is the guardian angel. The guardian angel is yet one of the many facets of of the human mind*. Possibly the mental incarnation of the divine chakra. The angel however is not the steretypical "good shoulder". He or she rarely tells you the right thing to do. Instead, it's allmost the unconscious (or conscious if you in current rapport) helping to shiled and protect itself. If you don't have a guardian angel (my definition of one), you either have not yet awakened that side of you, or do not visualize the guadian figure as an angel. Voila!

*Writing this has brought up another thought. Different facets of the human mind. Facets of the divine. Perhaps all the facets of the divine are contained within the human mind, and speaking to them is speaking to yourself. Which makes very much sense as the divine is in everything. Even that bar of soap!
Excuse my random moment sweatdrop

Ah.

.. That's not an Angel, though, and it's insulting to call them such when the real Angels are alive and kickin'. I'm not talking "in the form of an Angel", I'm talking full-on Angelic nature. It's false and misleading to call it anything other than a part of you, and I am noted for my absolute loathing of deception and falsehoods.

There are real guardian Angels, and visualising something as such does not make it so.

It's a lie to call it a "guardian angel."

I understand what you are saying here, however. I too "talk to myself" (and recieve answers), but not all people can do it, as not all people are whole. Cass is not whole, as it were, therefore when she talks to herself she doesn't get an answer. Not everyone can create such facets of themselves.

So remember, though you can do it, not all people can.  

Archangel Calyphrael

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:38 pm
This is where I tend to disagree with you. Damos is an angel. Pure and simple. He may e part of my mind, but is also in a way seperate, and privy to knowledge that I am not. He is also an angel. I may have created him that way, but that's what he is.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:09 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
This is where I tend to disagree with you. Damos is an angel. Pure and simple. He may e part of my mind, but is also in a way seperate, and privy to knowledge that I am not. He is also an angel. I may have created him that way, but that's what he is.

And I would argue that Angels are created solely by the alliance, servitude to, and power of YHWH. If he is an Angel, then you cannot have created him; Angels are defined as the Servants of YHWH; however, there have been cases where an Angel has impartially merged with a.. whatever you want to call it, mortal. Cass's soul-twin, Nari, was merged with a Fallen when their soul split, for example.  

Archangel Calyphrael

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:58 pm
And I highly doubt that your definition of angels are the only ones around. For example, the Hindu culture believes in creatures called angel, and last time I check, the Hindus didn't have anything to do with JHVH.  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff