Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
I have a question that probably doesn't belong here... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is this a ridiculous question?
Yes.
18%
 18%  [ 11 ]
No.
34%
 34%  [ 20 ]
Pie. (yay!)
46%
 46%  [ 27 ]
Total Votes : 58

Laharl Part Deux

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:14 pm
I don't think goth is something you're born into. I think it's all based upon what you like and what kind of person you have developed into. I experimented being in various other cultures before finding that I like being within the subculture, in addition to, liking subcultural things. I haven't, although figured out which of the various subcultures I lend myself to most...as embarassing as that is to admit...  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:21 pm
Wow... *brain exploses* i think im not going to explain that strange evolution whee xp domokun  

Drage3000

Crazy_Vamp666

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:24 pm
Its definatly not what your born to be. Becuase every body becomes who they are based on what they have be influenced by and what they have beenn around in there life, also what has become interesting and appealing to them.

Being Goth comes in many forms, its some tiems hard to say exactly what it is in just one or even a few words.

But Here are some great examples witch also I have noticed in my self, and maybe alot of you might as well

*Goth is to be sinister without being evil*
*Goth to see the beauty in dark things, where others dont*
Theres more to it then just claiming to be something you want to be, its not a choice its an acceptance.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:58 pm
slipknot_afi_freakazoid
How did you guys figure out that you were goth? Cuz I am goth in many aspects, but not goth in many more aspects. What, in your opinions, must you be born like to be goth?

You don't need to be born a goth.. I guess you just know based off of certain things like your chose in music, and your choose in were you shop/ favorite color to wear.... things like that....  

Devils_lilboy

ketchakik

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:26 pm
i woke up one day wearing all black....listening to bauhaus.....and being a sarcastic sob  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:49 pm
I see it as a matter of choice, its really a persons decision. And i dont define goth as anything really, just free expresion.  

Redwing~Shadow

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:51 pm
ketchakik
i woke up one day wearing all black....listening to bauhaus.....and being a sarcastic sob

Lol, nicely done post xd  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:10 pm
slipknot_afi_freakazoid
MysteryCross
Davey Havok is my idle dude! XD

Mine too!! blaugh

I remember the good days of AFI... I miss them so

xdemonicallyxyours13x

Love.Your.Hate.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:15 pm
XxxHeroine_BobxxX
slipknot_afi_freakazoid
MysteryCross
Davey Havok is my idle dude! XD

Mine too!! blaugh

I remember the good days of AFI... I miss them so
As do I. If I ever met them (yeah right), I'd ask why they became so... ersh, how should I describe it? Mushy? Yeah, that sounds good... lol  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:36 pm
I was born with a love for the arts... This love was somewhat morbid, as my parents noticed my drawings were demented, and sick, and my music was always depressing. I found an instant love for a few characters when I first viewed a film entitled "The Nightmare Before Christmas" at the age of six. I was an outcast in school, and the(ironicly dubbed) "Black Sheep" in my family. As I grew into my pre-teen years of depression, I lost my love for the arts. I stopped drawing, and hardly touched my piano. At fourteen, I re-discovered my love for the arts, as a new love entered my life. My girlfriend. We were together for three years, only recently seperating so she can think about her future. I do not believe all are born this way, but I believe I was destined to be what I am. A "Goth"...  

Argetlam13

Shirtless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Summer Celebrant 150
  • Survivor 150
  • Millionaire 200

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:08 pm
ketchakik

That describe me every day.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:25 pm
Dead Ed
ketchakik

Lol, nicely done post xd

sad thing is.......it kinda did happen like that...i mean i WAS being scarcastic..but i just realized...i was more goth than anything else  

ketchakik

saint_ruth

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:11 pm
for some reason i seeem to be an odd combination of hippie and goth no its ******** wired all through winter in the bigest ******** goth you can meet
and then all of a sudden the weather warms up and i revert to being a toal ******** hippie most goths i know say they would normaly think its total poser crap but some how its not when i do it meh  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:49 am
it's not nessecerily what you're born into, it's what you choose to be, who you in your own mind are comfortable being more than anything else. It's who you are on your own accord. I chose to be comfotable being gothic rather than be a very, very unconventional and uncomfortable prep.  

nightwing773

Dante Omura

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:53 pm
Darkness Is My Life's Blood

I realized I was goth when I looked up and it matched my personality and style, as well as mind set ^^

Light Is My Deaths Curse

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces